Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way anyone is going to get that result overturned is if it was the last kick of the game.

Its no different to losing due to any other incorrect call, like Dawson getting a whack to the nose against Collingwood, or Draper lying on the footy this year.
Not quite. It's not like any other bad umpiring decision. The correct take would be to protest, not the goal umpire's decision itself, but the AFL and umpires failing to apply their own legislated procedures to instigate a goal review, which clearly would have avoided the problem. I would have thought that would be legally tenable.

There was a rumour about Tsatas but it was vague just a watch this space type of thing.
I know for a fact ....ESS supporters & others are not enamoured with Tsatas .....makes Keays look like an elite kick

Oliver is cooked now. We're well out of that one.
I'm not 100% sold on that concept TBH. I think the more accurate statement is "Oliver and the Demons is a cooked pairing now". Something in that relationship is now super toxic and bringing both parties down.

But 27 year old 3x AA and 4 x Club champion midfielders rarely just forget how to football.

I don't think it's us who ends up with Oliver this trade period but I feel like someone will. And I won't be surprised if he gets himself right, and in a fresh scene his game changing form comes rocketing back.

Just my opinion though

I'm not 100% sold on that concept TBH. I think the more accurate statement is "Oliver and the Demons is a cooked pairing now". Something in that relationship is now super toxic and bringing both parties down.

But 27 year old 3x AA and 4 x Club champion midfielders rarely just forget how to football.

I don't think it's us who ends up with Oliver this trade period but I feel like someone will. And I won't be surprised if he gets himself right, and in a fresh scene his game changing form comes rocketing back.

Just my opinion though
Geelong would one such club.

Latest Gettable episode reveals what we already know about Luko sweepstakes - everyone has NFI what Luko wants to do. Riley said both SA clubs seem themselves as a chance (Port for his relationship with Rozee, Crows from a financial perspective). Clubs in Victoria are also monitoring, but then said Pies have cooled interest.
You'd imagine Lukosius want to compare PORT to the CROWS

1. What would a Contract amount & length look like
2. Which Club can get the trade done

Until Port finish Finals, he can't do that comparison

Yeah I think he might be a lost cause personally
Many thought Tsatas would play in the last round of the year .....he can improve to be an adequate kick over time, but here's another case of outside mids failing to justify top 10 Draft status

Can we please start banning some people in here that constantly say they have intel and are always wrong and have no idea. You know who you are…. Just making shite up, Adelaide are usually the most secretive clubs in trying to recruit. We’ve never had any inside knowledge in this group. The closest thing we ever had was some Redhorse who was wrong also 😂
Some people are desperate to feel important.

The only way anyone is going to get that result overturned is if it was the last kick of the game.

Its no different to losing due to any other incorrect call, like Dawson getting a whack to the nose against Collingwood, or Draper lying on the footy this year.
youre wrong it is different. that argument was planted by the afl to the vic media to stop us lodging a protest. we should have tested it - collingwood would have i assure you

Not quite. It's not like any other bad umpiring decision. The correct take would be to protest, not the goal umpire's decision itself, but the AFL and umpires failing to apply their own legislated procedures to instigate a goal review, which clearly would have avoided the problem. I would have thought that would be legally tenable.
That's a common misconception. The procedure is to review every goal, not every score. The kick was deemed a point and therefore not subject to review under procedures in place at that time.

Plus, the bloke behind the goal with his phone wasn't part of the ARC unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a common misconception. The procedure is to review every goal, not every score. The kick was deemed a point and therefore not subject to review under procedures in place at that time.

Plus, the bloke behind the goal with his phone wasn't part of the ARC unfortunately.
Several field umpires should have been able to see that it was a goal and should have called for a review. Also.the two ARC angles were enough to clearly show was a goal, so the guy's mobile was not required.

Unfortunately quality midfielders aren't coming to SA unless they have ties.

We've been shown to throw good money at them (if rumours are correct) but for some it just isn't enough.

The only players SA clubs can attract are fringe players or players with SA ties.
To be fair, quality midfielders don't go to Victoria unless they have ties too, it works both ways.

i could not believe we took him. they must have forced our hand to get that trade through. look how fussy reid has been in who he has brought in and then they trade in that. come on. suspect they just finished off his contract. id be amazed if its longer than this year. we would be even dumber than i thought.

proof we are dumb:
putting moophy in the leadership group

extending berry when list spots are problematic and there was a suitor

not delisting moophy and mchenry earlier

extending borlase and letting keane go - if true
Who was the 'suitor' Berry had, and what is your source? You really think Collingwood put an offer in front of him?

This is it in a nutshell, people have just assumed that the ARC review would have been overturned the decision, but I don't agree.

When they were showing the broadcast footage of the incident, it's never completely clear that it was a goal, the only definitive evidence was the footage from the fan behind the goal.

Under the pressure of the game and the limited time period they have to review the decision, I tend to think that the review would have more than likely been umpires call.

Several field umpires should have been able to see that it was a goal and should have called for a review. Also.the two ARC angles were enough to clearly show was a goal, so the guy's mobile was not required.
You're missing the point (no pun intended). A review was not required under procedures at the time, because it wasn't called a goal.

Is it just me, or do back ended deals seem like Afterpay...just horrible financial management.

Buy now, pay later.
It'll work itself out...right?
The problem with front ending is that with 2 years to go suddenly your star interstate talent wants a better deal and asks to be traded, just when the investment is paying off.

You're missing the point (no pun intended). A review was not required under procedures at the time, because it wasn't called a goal.
How come then if the ball crosses over the point line but its touch and go as to whether its crossed over or remained in play, they can stop the play and use a video review to determine its a point. The umpire calls for that on field. There is no difference then if they can call for that as to why they could nto have called for a review on whether it was a point or a goal, or has that only happened this season where they review if the ball crossed the point (or goal) line. Different scenario but same situation.

My gut feel is we end up with Luko, along with ANB

Which is good and all, but giving up what is likely to be an F1 for Luko and change, as well not addressing our speed concerns, isn’t a home run IMO

We want a top 20 pick in this draft minimum to trade our F1 or we are idiots. Need to make GC wait until the end and push them because their salary cap will explode without him leaving

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How come then if the ball crosses over the point line but its touch and go as to whether its crossed over or remained in play, they can stop the play and use a video review to determine its a point. The umpire calls for that on field. There is no difference then if they can call for that as to why they could nto have called for a review on whether it was a point or a goal, or has that only happened this season where they review if the ball crossed the point (or goal) line. Different scenario but same situation.
The umpires can call for a review regardless of whether they think it's a point or a behind. However, only goals were reviewed by default. Mr Magoo had the option of asking for a review, but chose not to, and it wasn't automatically reviewed because it was (incorrectly) called as a behind.

This is it in a nutshell, people have just assumed that the ARC review would have been overturned the decision, but I don't agree.

When they were showing the broadcast footage of the incident, it's never completely clear that it was a goal, the only definitive evidence was the footage from the fan behind the goal.

Under the pressure of the game and the limited time period they have to review the decision, I tend to think that the review would have more than likely been umpires call.
You've said this before and its not true. Its quite clear on the replay that it doesn't hit the post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back