Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.1%
  • No

Votes: 163 81.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm on a planet where the following story was written

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/new-...cision-in-adelaides-loss-to-sydney-c-11645092

"A fan captured the moment on video from a perspective that sheds new light on the issue.

A new fan-shot camera angle of Ben Keays’s denied shot at goal against Sydney on Saturday night has confirmed beyond all doubt that it should have been called a goal.

Further replays indicated that it might have been a goal
with there appearing to be daylight between the ball and the post at all times.

It’s understood the ARC’s Edge technology was unavailable because a Sydney defender touched the post so even if a review was called, it couldn’t determine whether it hit the post or not.

But the new angle, shot from a fan behind the goals, shows a clear gap between the ball and goal post for the entire trajectory of the kick, confirming beyond the shadow of a doubt that it should have been called a goal."

The article pretty much says that from the footage looked like it could have been a goal, but it wasn't definitive however the fan footage 100% proves it which is exactly what I have said about it.

Whyyyyy this has nothing to do with rumours or speculation...

Confirmation bias has you believing that the broadcast footage was 100% clear however it doesn't change the fact that I am not alone in thinking that the footage available (without edge) didn't offer irrefutable evidence that it didn't hit the post.

The article I posted pretty much says the same thing.

It may have been overturned, it may not have and that's something that we'll never know.

Its not confirmation bias. The footage is clear, because it's clear. It's not like the Josh Jenkins showdown.

For every lame 7 news article, there's half a dozen footy show segments like this

Its not confirmation bias. The footage is clear, because it's clear. It's not like the Josh Jenkins showdown.

For every lame 7 news article, there's half a dozen footy show segments like this

its a score recording mistake not a goal umpire mistake. there was no decision to be made because it was a goal and this is what lawyers would have argued. it was not reasonable that it could have been a point. the fact that sydney were allowed to play on with all our people on the other side was also a joke. like something out of 80s WWF

was it reasonable that maynard finished brayshaws career? lawyers got involved and got him off. anyone who thinks things cant change the result are naive... and compliant and complicit in the incompetence

If we challenged at all in the first half we would have won in a canter

The goal umpiring decision was an issue because we played like utter garbage when it mattered, the same as in almost every important game under Nicks

I hate this argument. The Swans failed to challenge in the second half - why does performing better in the first half make you more entitled to the win?

The fact is we did what was necessary to be ahead with less than 2 minutes left to play. Whether it was neck and neck up to that point, or a big comeback, doesn't matter.

See how video footage actually shows something meaningful. Definite goal, umpire erred in calling a point, but system played out as designed.

its a score recording mistake not a goal umpire mistake. there was no decision to be made because it was a goal and this is what lawyers would have argued. it was not reasonable that it could have been a point. the fact that sydney were allowed to play on with all our people on the other side was also a joke. like something out of 80s WWF

was it reasonable that maynard finished brayshaws career? lawyers got involved and got him off. anyone who thinks things cant change the result are naive... and compliant and complicit in the incompetence

That's just not right, the score was recorded correctly, the umpire's decision was a point and this is what was recorded.

That's just not right, the score was recorded correctly, the umpire's decision was a point and this is what was recorded.
im saying argue the counter to that supposition though.

i give you an example

the police say you shot that guy
you say no i didnt

prove it.

we say it was a goal. they say no it wasnt. we say prove it.

Despite having a new name, I am a previous poster that got slammed to share insight and rumours.

Most gossip is 3rd hand rumours that can't be confirmed as truth. However, I try to share a consolidated assumption of the pieces of information that come to the table to add to a discussion whilst we all await for off-season actual outcomes.

The list:
1. The AFC are looking to add maturity to our SANFL program to help development, I assume some desisted mature players.
2. The AFC highest priority is adding a top-level midfielder to the list, C.Oliver is a name I have heard is not just media spin.
4. There is interest in an Essendon young midfielder but Richmond in a better box seat but in general Essendon gets mentioned a fair bit (Unsure why).
5. Mark Keane 5 year deal on table

On SM-T636B using BigFooty.com mobile app
So who were you? And if you’re wanting be taken seriously you include horse in your username? Seems a smart move

Confirmation bias has you believing that the broadcast footage was 100% clear however it doesn't change the fact that I am not alone in thinking that the footage available (without edge) didn't offer irrefutable evidence that it didn't hit the post.

The article I posted pretty much says the same thing.

It may have been overturned, it may not have and that's something that we'll never know.

In the press conference on the morning after McLachlan said if reviewed it would have been overturned for what its worth - easy to say in hindsight I suppose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then why were the media showing the fan footage from behind the goals to 100% prove that it was a goal if it was so clear on the broadcast footage?

I remember them spending at least 20 minutes going over and over the footage on Fox Footy after the game talking about whether the ball hit the post or not, the ARC only has about 90 seconds to 2 minutes to make a call.

The rules with the reviews are that there must be very clear evidence for the decision to be overturned, keep in mind too that there was also no edge available.

All I am saying is that given the time constraints, edge not being available and the footage not being 100% conclusive that there was a 50/50 chance that the ARC might have erred on the side of caution and ruled umpire's call as the decision.
Time constraints don't come into play at all ......it was simply that the Goal Ump, didn't call for a review ....so that's the end of it, Umpires call

Now ...IIRC and I could be wrong ..there was one situation this season, whereby the field umpire, requested the goal umpire get a review .....so I'm sure field umps can "suggest" things to goalies

Time constraints don't come into play at all ......it was simply that the Goal Ump, didn't call for a review ....so that's the end of it, Umpires call

Now ...IIRC and I could be wrong ..there was one situation this season, whereby the field umpire, requested the goal umpire get a review .....so I'm sure field umps can "suggest" things to goalies
exactly you hit the nail on the head. it wasnt a goal umpire issue at all. the field umpire could and should have called for a review. the score was incorrectly recorded as a result. we should have appealed but we didnt think making finals was worth the legal and relationship costs with the afl.

exactly you hit the nail on the head. it wasnt a goal umpire issue at all. the field umpire could and should have called for a review. the score was incorrectly recorded as a result. we should have appealed but we didnt think making finals was worth the legal and relationship costs with the afl.
No use appealing ....once the siren goes, that's it

Who knows whether SYD kick another goal .....the result was never being reveresed .....so it's a good discussion, but pointless

I still think the AFL should have sent a sympathy card to the Crows .....heartless

No use appealing ....once the siren goes, that's it

Who knows whether SYD kick another goal .....the result was never being reveresed .....so it's a good discussion, but pointless

I still think the AFL should have sent a sympathy card to the Crows .....heartless
a really experienced team would have stopped playing until it was reviewed. i can see selwood and dangerfield charge towards the central umpire to make sure it got checked for example

a really experienced team would have stopped playing until it was reviewed. i can see selwood and dangerfield charge towards the central umpire to make sure it got checked for example
Fast Fwd to 2024 .....umpire awards a 50mtr umpire dissention penalty from the centre circle ....Goal Sydney 🤣

We got KC advice and were told we had no grounds according to Olsen at the time.
Personally I don't believe it.

More likely we got KG's advice...

I do wonder if we'll keep try and keep McHenry as a SANFL player for next year or maybe even try and get James Tsitas back over as a mature guy to help out.
Unless the SANFL change the payments structure, better off playing for another SANFL team as can earn more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back