Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 82.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not criticising the club, I'm saying that posters who said they'd be happy to give up pick 4 (or more) for Pickett are crazy.

The club avoiding chances to take midfielders with high picks is well documented though
Okay - well, I completely agree with both those points.

Probably not going to spend much time worrying about the club trading pick 4 for a small forward, though. That feels really unlikely.

If I remember correctly, I think Rendell had a plan to use the Bock compensation pick to get Viney in the mini draft, but the pick wasn’t as good as he’d anticipated and Viney only ever wanted to play for the Dees.
Wasn't Viney a father son?

So are you saying he wanted Viney to not nominate and go in the mini draft instead?

True

We needed more info on Chayce Jones to move the squad forward

We're clever that way
Jesus, we'll find anything to be upset about.

We played every single player on our list except Ryan and Edwards. Is it only success if every single kid is playing all the time?

Are we not in any way concerned about playing the best available squad? The kids that are already in the team - don't they deserve to be surrounded by best possible talent, so they have the chance to succeed?

Glad they took Ryan. Let him see a bit more of what it's like to travel and prepare at the top level. Now he can head into his first full preseason, and be as ready as possible for next year.

But we could have had him 200k cheaper surely, he’s signed on 4 years ago’s form.
Surely the fifth year option was built in and not at the same dollars as his prime years

If I remember correctly, I think Rendell had a plan to use the Bock compensation pick to get Viney in the mini draft, but the pick wasn’t as good as he’d anticipated and Viney only ever wanted to play for the Dees.
There was definitely some plan to get Viney, I just can't remember the details. It didn't revolve around qualifying him as a F/S player through his father's coaching career.

Wasn't Viney a father son?

So are you saying he wanted Viney to not nominate and go in the mini draft instead?
Something like that, noting that his father was working for the AFC at the time. They were hoping that might be enough of an influence to get him to choose us over Melbourne.

Something like that, noting that his father was working for the AFC at the time. They were hoping that might be enough of an influence to get him to choose us over Melbourne.
Shame it didn't work out. Big loss for us, really rate Viney and have done for years

Jesus, we'll find anything to be upset about.

We played every single player on our list except Ryan and Edwards. Is it only success if every single kid is playing all the time?

Are we not in any way concerned about playing the best available squad? The kids that are already in the team - don't they deserve to be surrounded by best possible talent, so they have the chance to succeed?

Glad they took Ryan. Let him see a bit more of what it's like to travel and prepare at the top level. Now he can head into his first full preseason, and be as ready as possible for next year.
Put yourself in his shoes and think about what just one game would have done for his confidence, his mindset, his life. His family flying up to the game en masse.

A life changing moment. A high point to finish his first year. And earned because his form has been good. He starts the preseason with a spring in the step. All that work was worthwhile.

This stuff washes over us. Opportunities slip by. And we choose options with absolutely zero upside in preference, even in the deadest of dead rubbers.

I actually think you've become completely numb to the club. Success is so distant and errors are so frequent that you don't even notice them. Why get angry when it's business as usual?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny you know but I've watched quite a bit of the Suns VFL over the years and every time I've watched them that little lightning quick forward/mid Hewago Oea has always caught my eye too, New Guinean heritage. Greased lightning. He's out of contract too.

Even when we do get a high draft pick midfielder we impulse straight away to put him into defense
Sheezel, McKercher, Day, Flanders ...... it's the new trend with first year rookies

Surely the fifth year option was built in and not at the same dollars as his prime years
Really I would have though it would be framed if you’re in good enough form to hit the trigger you deserve to get paid the same as the other years?

Jon Ralph saying Collingwood into Luko while they were under the impression it was a Bowes style salary dump. Not the case, so Pies are out. Said Suns still want a 1st rounder for Luko though.
Seems like GC pushing him out expecting a nice return, and ending up with a second rounder like we did with Brad Crouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back