VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough conditions but Sandi dont look that switched on. Essendon's mids well on top our mids apart from rucks having shockers.

Kicked 3 goals into wind in first 1/4 holding on to a 2 point lead at 1/2 time. Need to get some run and link up play into their game.

McLennan is such a strong mark for his size, one of Sandi's best.

Dow unsighted that qtr.
Hugo got going a bit.
McClennen marks well.
Mids getting spanked.
Forwards can’t get near it.
Cole looks a good size.
Ari looking for easy kicks. Assuming that’s his brief from the coaches.

Pretty sure with Cole in the team Ari been given a licence.

A few ripping kicks and also a couple not so good taken by the wind

Early in the second half:
  • Classic Arie game-high disposals
  • Hotton contesting and spreading well. 2nd in disposals for Sandy. Great ball use
  • Heath, McLennan started really well
  • Garcia, Hastie good
  • Not a good day for talls
  • Allison stinky
  • Cole solid

Arie has a very important pre-season ahead of him. I watched him closely during this pre-season and his lack of fitness was noticeable. He's still a terrible runner, so he needs to build a tank and find a yard of pace. A lethal left foot will only take you so far in the AFL.
By all accounts he did plenty of running last pre-season. Probably a bit more of the same.
I think his fitness will get there. If he's going to stay in defence, I think he's going to need to work on his overhead game (especially if JB leaves), as he's not going to be a speedster or gorilla.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Hind giving away a 50 and a goal, love to see it

Sandringham midfield were 3rd rate today. Dow slow and ordinary no affect, Garcia fumbled everything, Paton plays too conservatively. Sandi's players just battlers.

Forwards struggled with conditions, Allison tried hard. Keeler needs to improve his work rate & efforts.

Hotton, Heath, McLennan, Shoenmakers, Hastie our best.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back