VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Dying on the vine
It's a difficult act with many young rucks. Pick em too early and they go sour. Pick em too late and someone else will get em or they just as you day die on the vine.

He's coming into an age now where he should he playing senior footy.

So is giving kids in the upcoming draft a run through Sandy the way we go about picking up a “Sandy” player in the draft?

I hope not.
If we want the scheme to work, finding loopholes isn't the way to do it.

The idea was never to give StKilda the best rookie choice "this year".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope not.
If we want the scheme to work, finding loopholes isn't the way to do it.

The idea was never to give StKilda the best rookie choice "this year".

Well it hasnt worked this year, the Sandringham supp list remains very ordinary, they made zero improvements. Where are all these want to be AFL players going to come from?

Well it hasnt worked this year, the Sandringham supp list remains very ordinary, they made zero improvements. Where are all these want to be AFL players going to come from?

Probably should have kept playing that kid they brought in for 2 games before dropping him after deciding not to bother to qualify him for the mid season draft.

He couldn’t have been any worse than the choices we are currently faced with.

We had a couple sign on who missed the draft last year i think. Hall Kahan and another i think.
One of them will probably get the spot.
When other players including from this year's draft see him get on an AFL list, maybe there might be a few wanting to sign up with the Zebs.

We had a couple sign on who missed the draft last year i think. Hall Kahan and another i think.
When other players including from this year's draft see him get on an AFL list, maybe there might be a few wanting to sign up with the Zebs.
Docking, O'Leary, Will Brown were the ones who missed the draft and they've shown nothing

Hall-Kahan was delisted by Sydney. We could pick him purely for forward depth without many expectations but with his work ethic, he doesn't deserve it one bit

Sam Latreille has been a solid Butler-type pressure forward but he has a very limited ceiling

Hipwell, Watson, Blamires, Zagari, and Lowe are the main contenders - maybe Vesely if we need a tall forward

The Saints and Sandringham alignment is a sh*t fight. They are 15th in a 20 odd team competition and wont even get into the top 10.

Not one Sandringham supp player is worthy of being placed on an AFL list. Hall-Kahn was delisted by Sydney for a reason he is not AFL standard.

Although we have a long history of giving others clubs rubbish a go, so I guess nothing would surprise. Particularly given its one the deapest drafts in recent history - how St Kilda. If our club wastes a list position on one they are a far worst run club than we thought.

Last edited:
The Saints and Sandringham alignment is a sh*t fight. They are 15th in a 20 odd team competition and wont even get into the top 10.

Not one Sandringham supp player is worthy of being placed on an AFL list. Hall-Kahn was delisted by Sydney for a reason he is not AFL standard.

Although we have a long history of giving others clubs rubbish a go, so I guess nothing would surprise. Particularly given its one the deapest drafts in recent history - how St Kilda. If our club wastes a list position on one they are a far worst run club than we thought.

So you think they should make a promise like they did, then renege on it?

They brought it in this year. It's going to take a whole season for wannabe AFL players to see the system in action before any sign up to Sandy. That means honouring the contract and giving the Sandy kid a proper chance at St Kilda. People aren't stupid, they will recognise lip service and loopholes.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back