2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

John Ralph is back with the Josh Battle compensation click-baiting. Reporting that the offer is UNDER 900k. Tom Morris recently reported its between 880-920k. John Ralph has been consistently on the side that it's not certain despite the club's confidence.

I tend to side with the Club here rather than Ralphy, given his obvious motivation to drum up engagement on his HS articles. However, we need a contingency plan, Bassat needs to be organising the protest outside AFL house on Oct 4th if we don't get it #StopTheSteal :tearsofjoy:

God I’ll be flat if he goes 5 or 6.
I never worry about players who go before our picks.
Nothing could be done about it and the two wins v Geelong and Carlton were worth for momentum going into next year alone.

Personally would love probably the first seven in the draft, but can only get two.

The slider, if any will be interesting

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never worry about players who go before our picks.
Nothing could be done about it and the two wins v Geelong and Carlton were worth for momentum going into next year alone.

Personally would love probably the first seven in the draft, but can only get two.

The slider, if any will be interesting

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
What do we add to pick 8 to upgrade it?

The question really is why any team would be happy to move up or out of this draft. I think most clubs will want to keep their presence in the first or second round, not reduce it.
Clubs like Gold Coast need leaders and experienced campaigners more than another had dozen draft picks. Their problem isn't takent, it's consistency and maturity.

Freo too, but Richmond are taking care of those guys.

The only downside with Ough is he has a high handball to kick ratio, he needs to learn to drive out of stoppages and use his legs. Otherwise he has come along well.

Another I have been impressed with who didnt get a lot of midfield mintues yesterday is Nathaniel Sulzberger. He is 187cm tall mid/HFF averaging 21 disposals and a goal a game since returning from school footy. He has that stoppage break away speed we have been craving I think he will make a very good player.

does anyone know when his birthday is? cos I'd be very curious to know what blake acres was doing on that night exactly 18 years ago

not sure I'm seeing the break away speed though :think:

Nothing. Either keep it and take 7 + 8, split 8 for two teens (7 + 12ish + 17ish), or package 7&8 up (top 5 + late teens)

Probably too much. It cost GWS a future second to upgrade from 18 to 17 last year.

Come on , unless we find a way to throw away draft picks we have no chance of winning trade week.

You guys missed the really bad attempt at humour.

Joffaboy said he loves the first 7 in the draft but we'll only get 2.

Is it just me, or are their more mids having 30+ disposals and multiple goals in this draft class then there have been the last 20 years?
Would assume it’s because a mids are rotating forward more than ever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only downside with Ough is he has a high handball to kick ratio, he needs to learn to drive out of stoppages and use his legs. Otherwise he has come along well.

Another I have been impressed with who didnt get a lot of midfield mintues yesterday is Nathaniel Sulzberger. He is 187cm tall mid/HFF averaging 21 disposals and a goal a game since returning from school footy. He has that stoppage break away speed we have been craving I think he will make a very good player.

Sulzberger does not have breakaway speed and idk where in that video it highlights otherwise. In fact, that's the reason why he's down the draft board - he's just another high accumulation mid who is very similar to the likes of Hargrave, Warburton, Urquhart etc. They are all good players at U18s, but where is the upside at AFL level?

All of them are third rounders at best. I reckon clubs would much prefer the likes of Ough, Anderson, Johnson, Ivisic, even Barrat who has height and good hands for a potential mid

Sulzberger does not have breakaway speed and idk where in that video it highlights otherwise. In fact, that's the reason why he's down the draft board - he's just another high accumulation mid who is very similar to the likes of Hargrave, Warburton, Urquhart etc. They are all good players at U18s, but where is the upside at AFL level?

All of them are third rounders at best. I reckon clubs would much prefer the likes of Ough, Anderson, Johnson, Ivisic, even Barrat who has height and good hands for a potential mid
I never said he was an early option, and once again you are going off 1 highlight video rather than having watched his games. I love how your opinions are so definitive.

Anderson would be the worst pick in the draft, but yes there will be plenty of options.

Last edited:
His brother is close to being delisted. I dont know how well that would go.

Id prefer keeping his brother regardless of if we are aiming to draft Taj but you would think we would have re-signed in the last batch if we were that keen
I was told by a source that is friends with his mum that Hotton was told 6 weeks ago he was on the chopping block.

Unless he drastically turned his form around he was done. Don't think he has.

His parents where pretty annoyed at the club from what I could gather. Not fans of Ross either. They wouldn't be wrapped to see their next son drafted to the Saints.

I was told by a source that is friends with his mum that Hotton was told 6 weeks ago he was on the chopping block.

His parents were pretty annoyed at the club from what I could gather. Not fans of Ross either. They wouldn't be wrapped to see their next son drafted to the Saints.
Family club eh?

His parents where pretty annoyed at the club from what I could gather. Not fans of Ross either. They wouldn't be wrapped to see their next son drafted to the Saints.
Nothing is a given in AFL, I'd rather the club be upfront with him about his position. If he is good enough then another club will pick him up.

Although I do feel sorry, he has had an unlucky run with injury and new recruitment/list management wanting to put their stamp on.

Sounds like he is closer to delisted than not, but again strange it's not been announced yet. I guess they suspect other clubs might be interested? Perhaps one that has their eyes on Taj, could throw something back our way for him.

Nothing is a given in AFL, I'd rather the club be upfront with him about his position. If he is good enough then another club will pick him up.

Although I do feel sorry, he has had an unlucky run with injury and new recruitment/list management wanting to put their stamp on.

Sounds like he is closer to delisted than not, but again strange it's not been announced yet. I guess they suspect other clubs might be interested? Perhaps one that has their eyes on Taj, could throw something back our way for him.
I think Ollys last 6 weeks were the first time in his career where he eased able to string consistent games together and there were signs that he might make it BUT we’ve seen to date with the new management we don’t retain injury prone players to sit them on rehab

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back