Game Day 2024 Semi Final : Port v Hawks, AO 7:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who would have thought 😊

It's a beautiful thing too. We are all blessed beyond what mortal footy fans would even dare dream of.

This does not look to be the false dawn of 2001. It's got all the hallmarks of our 2007/8 rise, with a never seen before game style, and an abundance of young talent complimented by two or three elite or on the pathway to being elite young forwards.

Pretty damning stat for Port:

Hawthorn in AFL/VFL history have never lost a game on the 13/9/2024 and on the contrary, Port Adelaide have never won a game on the 13/9/2024.

Make of that what you will.

Hawks to show mercy in the last 10-15 minutes and go into preservation mode, still up by 30+ at the final siren.
I’m confident going into this game and I don’t care what anyone says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My nerves for last week were pretty bad and I honestly expected us to go down to the Dogs. Go down with a fight, but still.

This is a game we should win and I'm feeling even worse. Zero work is getting done today!

Philosophically we win, we play well, we involve the crowd, we’re unafraid to be unapologetically ourselves, we play exciting footy. They’ve stacked their team with talls to change their brand to try and defeat us, will probably look to play long boring down the line footy. We play with excitement and dash. They, err, well, I’d say something disparaging about their players but they’re more likeable than the bunch of circle jerkers at the Crows. And their loss is in fact their win, for their supporters it is a crack in the door that paves the way for their beloved Josh Carr or Chadley Cornes to replace dear Kenneth. For us, the rest of the footy public and for the good of the nation, let the story be written.

As for the stuff that actually counts, we have been playing better footy over the second half of the season. But we’re in their house, not ours. Hawks by, conservatively speaking, 20 points, I hope.

Who would’ve thought after all our preseason predictions that we’d find ourselves with the chance to be progressing to a preliminary final. I’m a pretty optimistic fan when it comes to my Hawks but what the club has achieved on and off the field this season has been beyond my wilder dreams.

Now having said all that let’s get the job done tonight lads and the take it from there. Dare to dream 🟤🟡🟤🟡

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back