List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure that JUH is the guy we need anyway.

We need a big body that can get around the ground and take a big mark.

JUH is a really dynamic player but he’s not the big pack mark or easy release mark guy.

We need a Tom Lynch / Taylor Walker type. Maybe Comben will end up slotting in here nicely but at this point it’s all potential and hope with him.

I’m not sure that JUH is the guy we need anyway.

We need a big body that can get around the ground and take a big mark.

JUH is a really dynamic player but he’s not the big pack mark or easy release mark guy.

We need a Tom Lynch / Taylor Walker type. Maybe Comben will end up slotting in here nicely but at this point it’s all potential and hope with him.
We need CCJ to play like he did against the Pies and improve steadily over the season.

The only way Jamarra even looks our way is because someone from the club has established a great rapport with and sold one hell of a vision. Not impossible but extremely unlikely.

For immediate on-field, financial (on and "off" field), profile etc benefits we can't compete.
Or we kidnap his dog

The only way Jamarra even looks our way is because someone from the club has established a great rapport with and sold one hell of a vision. Not impossible but extremely unlikely.

For immediate on-field, financial (on and "off" field), profile etc benefits we can't compete.

I dunno. I think as a forward, if you say "the players delivering you the ball for the next ten years are going to be LDU, Wardlaw, Phillips, Sheezel, McKercher, Simpkin, etc" that's a pretty tantalising prospect.

Oh, and also, with Larkey here you'll likely be spared matching up against the #1 defender each week.

I don't think we have much of a chance with JUH considering the dollars/years Sydney will be putting forward. I think we would be better doing everything we can to turn Sam Taylor's head somehow, he'll be a free agent end of 2025 either try and get the hooks in for then or a year earlier at the end of this season in a trade. Granted their team is going to be good so would take some meticulous work.

I don't think we have much of a chance with JUH considering the dollars/years Sydney will be putting forward. I think we would be better doing everything we can to turn Sam Taylor's head somehow, he'll be a free agent end of 2025 either try and get the hooks in for then or a year earlier at the end of this season in a trade. Granted their team is going to be good so would take some meticulous work.
A certain Herald Sun articles begs to differ….(insert smug Homer gif)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think JUH will want to stay home in vic and would accept less to stay at a diff vic club compared to syd

Sam Taylor if goes reckon it would be back to WA only

I think JUH will want to stay home in vic and would accept less to stay at a diff vic club compared to syd

Sam Taylor if goes reckon it would be back to WA only
If he was to accept less than he'd just stay at the doggies.

Yes, he's from W.A but also said he now considers NSW home and doesn't think of WA much at all anymore when he signed his last extension or he was just staying that but take from that what you will.

If he was to accept less than he'd just stay at the doggies.

Yes, he's from W.A but also said he now considers NSW home and doesn't think of WA much at all anymore when he signed his last extension or he was just staying that but take from that what you will.
let’s put it this this way I could see syd offer 1.1mil-1.2mil

North offer 950k-1mil
Dogs offer 800k-850k

In that situation I think we stand a good chance over syd and dogs

Not sure anyone should bother with JUH, Dodoro and * crew have their heart set which obviously means they will get him (* being a massive club and all). One poster put forward this excellent trade proposal - Geelong will give their first rounder for Perkins and the AFL will give them band 1 compo for McGrath, which will then be sent to Footscray for a straight swap of JUH. 😂

I said, I don't want to pay what Sydney are offering.

Sydney have a $12m x 10 year contract on the table with JUH.

Sure we can pay it, but it would be completely stupid with the amount of high end young talent we have amassed before knowing what we will have to pay to keep some of them.

Thing you have to remember with a long contract like that is that the salary cap keeps going up every few years or so. Therefore, by the time JUH gets to the end of his 10 year contract, the million or so he will be getting will seem far less than it does today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back