List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a deal that I would want to do. But it is what will need to happen at a minimum for a conversation to be had about King.

I would prefer to go after more value targets to be honest.

But we need to extract maximum value from our first pick. If this means trading it, then by all means. But we need to address midfield run, forward pressure and marking and lockdown defending this draft.
Yeah man, I agree. But Max King isn’t it. Give us Ben King and Lukosius for Pick 1 and Zurhaar comp.

It would need to be something like:

North out: Pick 1, CZ Combo
North in: Pick 5, King

Even then Saints would still laugh at us.

Whats a cz combo - hope they don’t skimp on the fries 😏

I’d rather picks 4+5 for pick 1

I don’t particularly rate King as highly as others, but the guy would significantly improve us.
I used to rate him higher, but his kicking sucks. He's still good dont get me wrong, he's rarely out marked and so he's at least creating chaos balls.

Then neither he nor Larkey are suited as second rucks, so you still need an Elmo or someone like him forward at which point is it getting too tall/ costing defensive pressure?

And then giving up massive trade capital for it when most games of football are won with defensive and transition running. Look what people are suggestion, that Saints might be better off trading him for exactly that.

If we could stop talking about trading pick 1 (and whatever else) for Max King that'd be great.

900k for Battle...come on now. That would be one of the worst list management decisions i've ever seen. And we lived through the CCJ signing.
I hope they do, then we float pick 1, 21 and Sleevo for 4, 5 & 47

4 = Trainor/Draper
5 = Kako
39 = Gerryen
47 = Gruzewski

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's say Cam wants to leave and chooses Ess. Could we do a deal with Ess, where they pay him enough to get Band 1 compo. We get pick 3 or whatever and trade it to Ess, for their pick 1 plus next year's first. We have basically traded Cam for 2 first rounders and we have 4 first rounders in the next 2 drafts?

I hope they do, then we float pick 1, 21 and Sleevo for 4, 5 & 47

4 = Trainor/Draper
5 = Kako
39 = Gerryen
47 = Gruzewski
Gruz is signed until 2026, the Giants hold the whip hand.

I reckon we finish 2nd last too.

2 - Trainor
21 - Faull
41 - OOC Konstanty trade
F2 - Gruz

F/A - Ainsworth? Cumming?

Let's say Cam wants to leave and chooses Ess. Could we do a deal with Ess, where they pay him enough to get Band 1 compo. We get pick 3 or whatever and trade it to Ess, for their pick 1 plus next year's first. We have basically traded Cam for 2 first rounders and we have 4 first rounders in the next 2 drafts?
**** no
So we’re helping * out twice and by my count that’s 3 times to many

Yet Zurhaar kicks way more goals in a team that has way less i50s.
Id rather keep Cam thanks.
Wow. Just checked. He's kicked more goals. He has played more games but still has a slightly higher average.

No way would be have to give up 21 as well……that’s crazy. 1 for 4+5 is heaps.
If the clear number one pick was Harley Reid I would 💯 agree, but this year it’s so even Pick 1 doesn’t hold its usual weight.

We would have to offer a second to get two (decent) firsts this year IMO.

4 and 5 could end up being the best two players in the draft in 10 years time.

Like I said, just my opinion..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back