Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade will sit somewhere between 10/11 and 10/18

I don’t really like either of the following but likely somewhere around the mark:
10,18, F2, F4 > Bolton, F3(GC), 51 (current point system approx Pick 4 value)
Or
10,11,F3> Bolton,24,F4 (current point system approx Pick 5 - but higher value associated with pick 11 in this draft vs pick 18).

Richmond paid quite a price for pick 20 and they won’t be handing that to us. They will look to hold a very decent haul inside 20.
I do agree. 24 is the first pick night two and likely attracts an F1 offer. So keep 11 and get a strong kid or keep 18 and try and get an extra F1 for next year.

Unlocks Baker and Bolton.
Eagles also reassured Baker they’d find a pick between 15-20 for him.

The more I think about it the more it just makes sense.

If it needs be tidied up around the edges it can easily be done.
It reads like Hawks are genuinely being campaigners about Barrass and that's why WC are prepared to get rid of the leverage Hawks have even if their way to do it looks bad.

It reads like Hawks are genuinely being campaigners about Barrass and that's why WC are prepared to get rid of the leverage Hawks have even if their way to do it looks bad.

I think Eagles need to do Baker separately. They can’t now rely on Hawks.

I can’t see anyone wanting to split with them that has picks ahead of us. Maybe Saints pick 8 and something? But that something doesn’t fall in line with Baker value.

If Eagles do trade with Carlton it would be dumb on numerous levels, but mainly we could’ve done it and they’d also have cost themselves 2 spots from 12-10. Doing it with us also means they hold the pick before us!

3 club trade

Eagles
out 3
In Baker, 10, F2 (Freo)

Tigers
out Bolton and Baker
In 3 and 18

Freo
out 10, 18, F2
In Bolton, F3 (Eagles)
I think we can essentially do that with Richmond and not involve others. We laughed at you before but seems like you were spot on with 10 and 18 if 12 and 14 is even being discussed.

Could be a perfect storm.

There is no consensus top 3. Rather a top 6-8 players. So, anyone with a top 8 pick wouldn’t find the value to move to 3.

Then there’s a large spread of roughly equally ranked guys between say pick 10-30.

So, yes, teams are coming to have a plate at the buffet.

Moving 3 to 10 and getting Baker is historically horrendous. But the apparent evenness of the draft isn’t that bad.

Us placing that ‘pick 11 for Baker’ marker has possibly completely messed his valuation. That and Baker seems to have some ego or loyalty issues in making sure Tigers are adequately compensated. We may still benefit here.

10 and 18 for 3 in every year is bad, but it’s a means to an end.
I'm not sure we're talking about the same deal here. I was referring to the Carlton offer as putrid.

If West Coast want to trade with us then I'm happy enough to do 10 and 18 for 3.

It makes more sense for both of our clubs.

10 and 18 is better for both parties against the Carlton deal

Tigers either get 10, 14, 18

or they can have 3 and 18

Eagles either have Baker and 12

or they can have Baker and 10

Freo would be giving up 10 and 18 either way, which we are happy to do

I'm assuming Tigers prefer 3 over 10 and 14 I guess, which they usually would

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we can essentially do that with Richmond and not involve others. We laughed at you before but seems like you were spot on with 10 and 18 if 12 and 14 is even being discussed.

Yes, could be done as 2 separate trades. It’s mainly to lock in agreed deals and I’d imagine there’d be more moving parts with later stuff.

This is all dependent on Eagles needing to split 3.

Eagles could be willing to slide to 6, which is far more reasonable, but Tigers don’t have 6. So, it becomes a case of do Eagles get proactive or do they wait? Waiting doesn’t seem to be going well for them.

10 and 18 is better for both parties against the Carlton deal

Tigers either get 10, 14, 18

or they can have 3 and 18

Eagles either have Baker and 12

or they can have Baker and 10

Freo would be giving up 10 and 18 either way, which we are happy to do

I'm assuming Tigers prefer 3 over 10 and 14 I guess, which they usually would

In the 10&18 v 10&11 haggling. Pick 3 seems a solid compromise.

1. Ashcroft - Brisbane
2. Langford - Richmond
3. Travaglia - North Melbourne
4. Smith - West Coast
5. Draper - Adelaide
6. O'Sullivan - Melbourne
7. Lombard - Gold Coast
8. Lalor - Richmond
9. Smillie - St Kilda
10. Lindsay - St Kilda
11. Berry - Essendon
12. Kako - Essendon
13. Armstrong - Richmond
14. Fremantle

Tauru
Reid
Allan

I'm not sure we are going to have access to the players we are after at 11. Berry could be there, especially if someone bids on Kako.
Tauru will be a very good option?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back