Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm. Are we.. bringing in a bad boy I wonder?

It might not be the worst thing in the world actually if we were. Still haven’t shaken the feeling that our team is too cleancut and nice.

We went from one extreme to the other there within a couple of years.
Probably happy to see him go as he probably doesn’t have the patience to play with a load of crabs. You can see it on the field.

You don't think the guys that will be available at 11 are far more appealing to us then those at 18 (taking into account academy players)?
No not necessarily - so long as we are not over-emphasizing a particular type of player or home state.

I think the order in which people through that part of the draft will come across as a bit random because of the eveness of the talent, and location and positional needs of individual teams will influence the order more than often (For example - I can totally see a team that has many picks being more focussed on filling gaps rather than going for the best player). As a consequence, some players that we rate at around 8-12 will have a high probability to go in actuality 17-20.

It's never too late until the bell rings to close. Trades have come from nowhere on the last day before and will do so again.
Would usually say yes but this is Melbourne we’re talking about. They are self destructing inside and will just hold them all except Oliver. Oliver will get done for “Brand Petracca”

3 days left. It simply can’t be done this year.
Umm.... 3 days is a massive amount of time in trade terms (clubs have scenario planning up the watusi)...the Oliver shenanigans switching a gear may shake all sorts of things loose... that's the only way it might sort of perhaps maybe happen, nevertheless it's highly unlikely Pickett's moving this year just on circumstance.

I think we can essentially do that with Richmond and not involve others. We laughed at you before but seems like you were spot on with 10 and 18 if 12 and 14 is even being discussed.
Oh man.

Eagles are gonna do it, aren’t they?

Trade pick 3 for 12 and 14.
I doubt very much. They will want something additional back from Carlton and they can’t give WC anything else. They had to get that F2 from Brisbane to be able to trade out their own F1 and F2.

What people are not taking into consideration is the possibility that Richmond said we want a top 8 club’s F1 for Baker. Hence Hawks running off and doing the trade. So WC would then keep 12+14.

I doubt very much. They will want something additional back from Carlton and they can’t give WC anything else. They had to get that F2 from Brisbane to be able to trade out their own F1 and F2.

What people are not taking into consideration is the possibility that Richmond said we want a top 8 club’s F1 for Baker. Hence Hawks running off and doing the trade. So WC would then keep 12+14.
Carlton have basically nothing else to give as it stands though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As expected Hawks will offer up their F1st and one of the other F2 for Barrass. There’s enough there to facilitate the Baker Trade.

Pretty clear path where I stand. Unless Eagles argue about the worth of Barrass, which they will until deadline day.

Hmmm. Are we.. bringing in a bad boy I wonder?

It might not be the worst thing in the world actually if we were. Still haven’t shaken the feeling that our team is too cleancut and nice.

We went from one extreme to the other there within a couple of years.
They are happy to see the contract go..

It probably wouldn't take much for many of us to nominate three internal changes that realistically would not only have us playing finals, but in the top 4 this year.

Here's three off the top of my head. Could come up with others too...

• Amiss having an extra preseason
  • O' Driscoll developing to be a regular midfield option (not to mention continuity across the season)
  • Johnson feeling more at home at the level and the resultant composure improvement

Agree, there is plenty of growth within our players that can be brought to the forefront in 2025.
On the other hand we don't have many players who are in decline. Fyfe and Walters definitely fit into that category. JOM and Aish are on the cusp of being pushed out. It's brutal but the sooner we find replacements for all four of them the better.

This will be our board if they do that:
Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture
Eagles slide back to 12 and 14 and send one of those to Richmond for Baker, we’ve been shit before but never have we been this clueless as a football club 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back