Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Now just need to **** Richmond's grand plan up by keeping all our first rounders.
Allen, Berry and a lucky dip ❤️
No. This would be the opposite of the West Coast approach of refusing to rebuild. Call it the endless rebuild, or 'frightened of taking the next step'.

10 + 11 + 18 + 30 for Bolton + 14 + 20

is acceptable only in the sense we can meet the using 1st rounder rule and probably the only way I am happy giving up 11.
I don't like that trade because I believe 10 & 18 is spot on.

But, enlighten me, is 20 still a first round selection?

I don't like that trade because I believe 10 & 18 is spot on.

But, enlighten me, is 20 still a first round selection?
Yes, 20 is Brisbane's first.

So the deal gives us free reign to trade all our futures next year for Chad. Whereas keeping 11 means we technically haven't met the 2 in 4 rule and would be at the AFL's mercy regarding trading futures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don Pyke just said on radio that our offer for Baker and Shai helped show how valued Baker is.
I felt we were trolling WCE and doing a solid for Richmond by putting public pressure on them

Genuinely don't understand what WCE are doing.

I mean if you're going to bring in players like Baker/Owies to try to bounce back up why are you trading away key players like Barrass or even Jek Derling.

If you're going to load up for Chad next year the Barrass thing is just weird, he's probably one of their most important players.
Agreed
Further to this the bullshit reasoning that they need Baker and Graham to help them win games so they don’t lose His Royal Highness Harley is baffling

If they really wanted to have a chance at winning ( more so not losing by too much ) games then they would keep Barrass

If we’re able to do it, surely Chad doesn’t pick west coast over us right?
It will be $ vs success.

So actually being a top 4 team I think is our best bet in luring him. Can't see us getting close on money if the Eagles really want him.

It's all fun to laugh at WC now, but it remains possible that they're right. If they draft Allan for example and he becomes a great player while the actual #3 is a flight risk like Cerra.

History doesn't repeat with drafts. If this one is as speculated, being minimal difference between 3 and 12, and then they get a player they really like anyway, then it is actually an excellent trade.

Be careful of the early crow. Their 2022 isn't necessarily going to repeat. Have to focus on the outcome of the draft, not just the numbers and their meaningless value points.

Bit of willful cognitive dissonance going on with respect to Reid being a flight risk and the Eagles now choosing to avoid that same scenario.

Yes, 20 is Brisbane's first.

So the deal gives us free reign to trade all our futures next year for Chad. Whereas keeping 11 means we technically haven't met the 2 in 4 rule and would be at the AFL's mercy regarding trading futures.
I read somewhere about the caveat that if you use first rounders to trade in a young player (like Luke Jackson for example) then the AFL will count them as being used in a draft.

It's all fun to laugh at WC now, but it remains possible that they're right. If they draft Allan for example and he becomes a great player while the actual #3 is a flight risk like Cerra.

History doesn't repeat with drafts. If this one is as speculated, being minimal difference between 3 and 12, and then they get a player they really like anyway, then it is actually an excellent trade.

Be careful of the early crow. Their 2022 isn't necessarily going to repeat. Have to focus on the outcome of the draft, not just the numbers and their meaningless value points.
There's a reasonable chance the player taken at 12 is just straight up better than the one taken at 3, but considering all those permutations now isn't nearly as entertaining as just laughing at them.

I read somewhere about the caveat that if you use first rounders to trade in a young player (like Luke Jackson for example) then the AFL will count them as being used in a draft.
Yes, but that's an AFL decision - hence being at their mercy.

I'd feel relatively comfortable given Jackson, Chad's age and our general list demographics, but it would be a really **** way to lose Chad.

Jaysus, Pyke on Duffield's show saying: “We are not finished yet. We still have other deals to do.”

They were going to give up 14 for Baker for the Barrass trade and had to find another way to fulfill their obligation to get Baker, he says.

Apart from Baker saying he wanted Richmond to get good compensation for him, and having an ex-Richmond coach/ list manager at WC rating Baker, I think part it must have been WC thinking that they probably couldn't afford managing another top pick 3 from Victoria on their list when they have to try and work out Reid's next contract.

Now Richmond have screwed West Coast and Gold Coast, they can ease off on what they want for Bolton.

I suppose WC could nail picks 12 and 26 with a couple of WA player selections in the draft and their fans might forgive them, but Duffield saying the other day that his mail is Bo Allen will be picked inside the Top 10.

I'm thinking they'll go after Robertson, but what will they give up for another (relative) midget to add to Baker, Graham and Owies.

They will never know. It's all speculation. But the reality is that their fans are incandescent with rage over the trade. And that's priceless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back