Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a reasonable chance the player taken at 12 is just straight up better than the one taken at 3, but considering all those permutations now isn't nearly as entertaining as just laughing at them.
It's a bit harder for me to ignore all that and just poke fun at them. Too high probability they draft Allan and he is a gun.

It will be $ vs success.

So actually being a top 4 team I think is our best bet in luring him. Can't see us getting close on money if the Eagles really want him.

It would be almost fun watching Eagles try to top up, with players like Warner and watch them finish middle of ladder for 10 years.

Just don't see it working.

but I want Warner, so they will need to target some other players.

You read my mind mate, I was literally thinking this exact same scenario. I foresee him signing long term with Sydney before he goes to the Eagles.

Surely he just nominates us though and we all just call it a day.

Or am I being optimistic?
Optimism is Forever Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably not a good sign that west coast has someone involved in the decision making process who also posts on bigfooty
Would certainly explain the (lack of) intelligence behind their recent list moves

Chesser over Johnson.
Splitting Sheezel or Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett.
Recruiting Brockman who kicked as many goals as Alex Pearce last year.
Turning down Jordan Clarks initial interest because they were already into Jermaine Jones and Alex Witherden.
And now the piece de resistance with this trade

Absolute shambles of a club

The fact they are trying to sell it as setting them up get Warner next year is laughable. Why on Earth would he want to go to a bottom feeding club for remainder of his career. Only lifelong WC fans (Baker) show a lack of judgement that is in line with the decision makers at that club

They can have 10x first rounders and 2mil a year to offer but it wont be for shit if he chooses to come to Freo to play with his mates and win more games in one season than he would over his entire contract at WC

Topping up with mid age players work when other parts of your list are balanced. Wc older players are done and apart from a few young ones there isn’t much there. I could see 2 out of these 3 players being in the top 10 in the F & B further proving how fu(ked this list is

It's a bit harder for me to ignore all that and just poke fun at them. Too high probability they draft Allan and he is a gun.

Tend to agree. Baker's a great acquisition, Owies is...fine. The melts are funny but I can at least see some level of logic behind going for Baker + a minimal flight risk player in an even draft.

Still might be an epic ****up but it's not quite as insane as some are suggesting.

Yes, 20 is Brisbane's first.

So the deal gives us free reign to trade all our futures next year for Chad. Whereas keeping 11 means we technically haven't met the 2 in 4 rule and would be at the AFL's mercy regarding trading futures.

Amiss+Erasmus in 2021 count for the 2 in 4 rule for the 2025 trade period. At least according to this article that clearly states Essendon satisfied the rule for the 2019 trade period based on 2015 intake (2 firsts in 2015, 1 in 2016, 0 in 2017, 0 in 2018). It is the previous 4 drafts before the trade period. Which means for the 2025 trade period, the relevant drafts are 2021-22-23-24.

Of course the AFL could change or modify the rules, especially with the multiple years of future trading being introduced. And it would be wise for us to get the 2 in 4 back on track. But under the current rules, next year we can trade 2025 and 2026 firsts without taking a first round pick in 2024. We could trade 11 for a F1 and use that plus our own 2025 1st for Warner or Pickett, leaving the 2026 first there for points to help match a Robinson bid if he is still tracking near the top of the rankings.

Isn't this the guy Freo who they also interviewed alongside JLo and they were highly impressed - but had obviously made the decision on JLo before the process had even started... if it is he clearly made quite the impression.

Might be smart to position himself behind JLo in case JLo needs to be replaced during the year.

This board's trade discussion is odd...
We are mercilessly mocking WCE for valuing Baker at Pick 14.
The general consensus was Baker is worth a decent 2nd rounder eg pick 25.
Points value difference 14 - 25 = 434 points.
While simultaneously...
Most here are happy that Bolton is worth 10 and 18
AND some of whom can talk about adding in pick 30 to get the deal done.
Pick 30 = 454 points.
Why is one absoutely nothing but dumb while the other is reasonable?

The points are irrelevant.
It’s the player quality value that matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back