List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

afl excellence incoming

band 1 (finger) ?

no no
band 2 (finger)

day today GIF

The club doesn't control any aspect of this. What don't you get about that
So the club can't up their offer to over 1m+ if we are not going to get band 1 compo?

The club can't try and negotiate with Hawks to pay Battle the extra $50k if we take a player of their list to ease any their cap issues.

We can't pay overs in trade terms for a player they don't want?

The club has plenty of cards it can play. There is an opportunity to work with Hawks to make sure both parties are satisfied.

If we lose band 1 compo over 50k and we were unwilling to offer more than 850k given our cap room, it would be comically poor list management.

You don't just cop the outcome and go "Oh well, nothing we can do". If need be you offer Battle 1.1m. Who cares?

What is the alternative, let him walk for pick 30 and then go and spend some money on Shiel? It's okay to overpay a hack like Shiel but not Battle?

I don't think it will happen, but if we lose Battle for a second rounder because we are unwilling to pay overs, or strike a deal that works for the Hawks, this will be the biggest fumble from the club since McCartin.

A long way back from playing suburban footy.
Not really gringo it’s all about the want he would just need a proper preseason. Young guy like that hasn’t got any smaller or lost the skills that made him a top 10 pick. Cooper Sharman for example was playing up the country then went to the sanfl.

I think with a guy like this if he’s ready to give it a red hot go then you rookie him. If he plays vfl and plays well you can forget it he’ll go mid season draft. I might add I have no inside mail, haven’t seen him play I just happened to see him on a team sheet.

im not sure what to think now

this could be nothing and the clubs get it done so its all nice and cherry on top

or

it ends up a massive fart in an elevator that is so bad you'd call it a shit

which somehow
if you're as old or older than i am

is sooo st kilda its actually unsurprising anymore :rolleyes:

Maybe he just meant that the compensation won’t be band 1 because Josh Battle ain’t going nowhere.
Stuff that, we should get band one even if he stays! If Hawthorns offer is enough to trigger band one and we offer the same then we should get band one and Battle.
Makes as much sense as the Bombers fans wanting Gresh and the compo last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the club can't up their offer to over 1m+ if we are not going to get band 1 compo?

The club can't try and negotiate with Hawks to pay Battle the extra $50k if we take a player of their list to ease any their cap issues.

We can't pay overs in trade terms for a player they don't want?

The club has plenty of cards it can play. There is an opportunity to work with Hawks to make sure both parties are satisfied.

If we lose band 1 compo over 50k and we were unwilling to offer more than 850k given our cap room, it would be comically poor list management.

You don't just cop the outcome and go "Oh well, nothing we can do". If need be you offer Battle 1.1m. Who cares?

What is the alternative, let him walk for pick 30 and then go and spend some money on Shiel? It's okay to overpay a hack like Shiel but not Battle?

I don't think it will happen, but if we lose Battle for a second rounder because we are unwilling to pay overs, or strike a deal that works for the Hawks, this will be the biggest fumble from the club since McCartin.
If we pay $1m for Battle we should riot

Everything says I am a club shill and always back the club, so don't shoot the messenger.
Coming from multiple sources now.
But don't worry North get band1 for Mackay, Brisbane the flag favourite get Ashcroft and we get band 2 for Battle.

Also looking forward to Shei dominating the midfield for us.
Lol what a club hey?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stuff that, we should get band one even if he stays! If Hawthorns offer is enough to trigger band one and we offer the same then we should get band one and Battle.
Makes as much sense as the Bombers fans wanting Gresh and the compo last year.
Makes Sense GIF by Paramount Network

Everything says I am a club shill and always back the club, so don't shoot the messenger.
But don't worry North get band1 for Mackay, Brisbane the flag favourite get Ashcroft and we get band 2 for Battle.

Lol what a club hey?

Nah, Battle will re-sign then we’ll trade him for Shiel and Parker.

This has always been the issue with allowing him to become unrestricted. We hold no leeway. We'd be better off offering him massive overs than losing him for a pick around 20 that probably blows out to 30. But then if he just wants to leave we're screwed.

Having said that how does Ralph know the exact figure of band one, isnt it a secret?
Was a secret herbs and spices recipe remember,
Which doesn’t leave it open for manipulation………much!

Lol what a club hey?

Club shill? Haven’t you cAnCeLLeD yOuR meMbErShiP 3 times and counting??

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back