List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I might polish my own ball cap if they sign Goober’s mum 🥰

I think Saints are a big chance to land 9. It seems that Melbourne are now zeroing in on Gold Coast’s pick 13, which is interesting.

The club to keep an eye on is Carlton. They could be the wildcard.

Blues now have picks 12 & 14. Would they potentially look to move up the draft order by trading to Essendon 12 & 14 for 9 and a F1? Bombers can then match the Kako bid with 12 and use 14.

Then Blues might look at splitting 9 for 15 & 16. Giving them two firsts this year and an earlier first next year.

Just hypothesising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be a terrible trade for Essendon. However they trade, their goal is to have 2 first rounders plus Kako over the two years... So they effectively get an extra first rounder...

That would be a terrible trade for Essendon. However they trade, their goal is to have 2 first rounders plus Kako over the two years... So they effectively get an extra first rounder...
Going by trade forecasts we get Lalor at 7 and Kako at 8

The Twomey forecast was Smiley at 7 and Draper at 8
I hope Twomey call is correct because we need 2 mids , we don't need a small forward.

I hope Twomey call is correct because we need 2 mids , we don't need a small forward.
Any combo of those 4 would be perfect really, but Lalor and Draper are widely expected to go top 4 last time I checked (though I don't have specific sources)

Any combo of those 4 would be perfect really, but Lalor and Draper are widely expected to go top 4 last time I checked (though I don't have specific sources)
Lalor is fighting for the #1 spot.

(Source: Twomey)

Draper and the crows has been the widely expected pick at #4.

If Carlton get 3. That could change everything.

Summary:

Talks opened with WB about Macrae but they are keen to retain him

GWS open discussion about recruiting Ben Paton preferably as a DFA

Collingwood still interested in Jack Hayes after a medical during the week

With sydney asking for pick 24 or something dumb for parker (though of course they will settle for less)- it will be interesting to see where the dogs value macrae at.

Sure- macrae has 3 years on big bucks vs parker 1 year on likely far less... but the doggies supposedly have cap space- so the extra coin isn't a fire sale situation for them.

I reckon both could end up traded for something around the pick 35 or so mark.

I'd be fine with paying that for macrae, although if it were any more than that, I'd rather us get kennedy (for circa pick 35).

He's 3 years younger than macrae and would chew up much less cap- I think he could go to another level if given a shot to be a fulltime mid.

Hypothetical.

If Melbourne get Gold Coast pick 13 and Lalor is still on the board at 5

Would we trade 7+8 for 5+13 if Lalor is our man?

Yes without any hesitation, although a perfect world would see us trade 8 & 9 and use 7 still.

A player we like at 8, could easily be there at 13, however the likelihood of a player such as Lalor at 5 being available at 7 is much lower.

No chance Draper, FOS, Jagga or Lalor get through to us - which is a damn shame because they are my dream acquisitions.

Smillie at 7 is great, guy has a huge upside. But the other guys would've been perfect for our list.

GWS to Paton "mate if you get the chop give us a call, if not, all the best at the Saints"

That's how the call would have gone.
Spot on. GWG aren’t going to give the Saints a pick for Paton. Why would they? They will pick him up as a delisted free agent (most likely) or he gets a one year contract at the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have gone a bit Lalor crazy.

I know you have to take bold risks at the draft but that kid is going to be under so much pressure and everyone will constantly compare him to whoever goes at 7&8.

Trust Dalrymple to make the call (not SOS) who live traded for Stocker who he viewed as a ‘top 6 talent’ in 2018

I think we have gone a bit Lalor crazy.

I know you have to take bold risks at the draft but that kid is going to be under so much pressure and everyone will constantly compare him to whoever goes at 7&8.

Trust Dalrymple to make the call (not SOS) who live traded for Stocker who he viewed as a ‘top 6 talent’ in 2018
Theres always a high degree of risk at the draft. But as long as the recruiters do their due diligence I’m happy for them to trade up to get their main target. Quality over quantity. Anyway a moot point. I think Richmond take him at 1.

It’s also worth noting that from Pick 41 onwards, your next pick - whatever it is - is used to match a bid. Points and discounts no longer apply then.

I don't think it's 41? I thought the max discount is 197 so it's from pick 56 that it's 100% discount: Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 9.15.46 pm.png

Also worth noting that you never need to trade in late picks. If you have list spots then you have more picks, they just keep getting added at the back of the draft.

Theres always a high degree of risk at the draft. But as long as the recruiters do their due diligence I’m happy for them to trade up to get their main target. Quality over quantity. Anyway a moot point. I think Richmond take him at 1.

Id be happy with any one of FOS, Lalor or Draper so as long as we get at least a top 3 pick we will get what we need.

Worst outcome would be Richmond getting Pick 2 and getting both FOS and Lalor but you would think theyd want to pair one with Jagga Smith for midfield balance.

Or would they just take him as a delisted free agent.
Yeah. GWS list spots are super tight, with Stringer coming in they can probably only fit 3 + academy ruckman from the draft. They won't delist Fahey or trade O'Halloran just to make way for him. Peatling is a rookie so doesn't help.

Rookie spot for Pato if anything, no pick for us, very happy for him if he gets picked up though, due some luck

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back