List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not ideal for the club only just having an opportunity to screen Soldo and he has a failed the medical. Its good to see that we have been solid enough to say hey mate we are are worried about the longevity of your knee so thanks but no thanks.

I imagine there would have been some scrambling in the List Managers office after they received that news from the medical staff. I wonder who else we now have in mind? Ned Reeves was mentioned early days, I dont know if we or he are still interested. Ideally we need a ruckman who can rest forward when required and there just arent that many of them around. Goober Crossley has improved his rucking and mobility after previously being played as a tall forward and chopping out in the ruck. He is only 199cms but surely he has done enough in the VFL to suggest he might actually be able to step when required.

My call would be take Crossley as a SSP and grab another young ruck in the draft.

Maybe hayes....already on our list
Better forward than Soldo
North are wild if they do this.

Each to their own I suppose.
Gunna be a lot teams with no 1st Rd picks by end of the trade and draft periods.Doesnt say much for 2025 Draft
North Pick 2 + 9 for St Kilda Pick 7 + 8 + 27? Any takers

Draft
  • Pick 2 FOS / Lalor / Draper
  • Pick 9 Possible slide back for Lindsay/Travaglia + Gain F2
  • NGA Adrien Cole
  • F/S Peckett
  • NGA Hofman

*Get to retain Hotton with the extra list spot
*Retain our Future 1st
*Still take 2 x top 10 picks
Throw in Nths current pick 44

There is nothing nice about this. They don’t have a lot to deal with.

And why wouldn’t we make it P8?
Eagles probably looking at mids like we are, so will want 7 to get ahead of us. But agreed, not really a good deal for us.

Such a weird spot - why are we involved before the Barrass trade has happened? Surely whatever F1 the Eagles get from Hawthorn will just be used for Baker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. If it was say 3 and 26 I’d hate it. Any idea who we would have our eye on if we are indeed exploring 3?
Months ago I posted on here we liked a kid called Sam Lalor.

That was before he became all the rage.

Absolutely agree. Manic forward pressure, very good mark (size relative) and a decent set shot is exactly what we need up forward
Are you talking about Michito here? He’s a nice kick but he missed loads of gettable set shots this here. When he got one, I had no confidence and unfortunately, I think he didn’t have any either .. Such was his year. A tough one.

Maybe we have spotted someone in the top 3 we think is class above. What about the Richmond picks? Maybe that's how we are getting involved.
Good point.

I didn’t consider the Richmond picks and they would want a future pick aswell.

So maybe something tolerable there

Me too. If it was say 3 and 26 I’d hate it. Any idea who we would have our eye on if we are indeed exploring 3?
Has to be FOS or Lalor. But why WC? Why not just offer the same deal to North for pick 2? They're more keen to slide and have a better offering than WC. Also prevents Richmond from trading up with North to get both FOS/Lalor

Has to be FOS or Lalor. But why WC? Why not just offer the same deal to North for pick 2? They're more keen to slide and have a better offering than WC. Also prevents Richmond from trading up with North to get both FOS/Lalor
I don’t think North are keen to slide to 7 cos they may miss out on Tauru. WC probably okay sliding to 7 because they can grab Allan.

Geez a bit going on in here.

Did we make the Tom Campbell call a bit too early?

What is plan B? I know we were keen on Ned Reeves but he is contracted through to 2026.

Gooba? We miss out on the hot wag but end up with the hot milf. I could live with that.

Not sure about the pick swap, I'd have to see what it entails, but giving up a future first to move up the draft order probably doesn't make a lot of sense in such an open draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back