List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Battle is gone, which I'm assuming he is, then we simply must keep Howard. If he is going to move on I hope it isn't because we've told him to explore his options again.
A point that his manager will fully understand.

If Battle goes it will be a nice payday for Dougall.

If Battle is gone, which I'm assuming he is, then we simply must keep Howard. If he is going to move on I hope it isn't because we've told him to explore his options again.
Would be peak stupidity from the club to let him go.

Why would any decent list manager want to decimate our only good line group in one off season?

Gettable

STK vs HAW for Battle is close and we'll know by next week when season is over - Cal

Sharman, Wood, Butler, Byrnes, Heath have all signed/in the process of signing new deals - Riley

Ross, Howard, Membrey expected to explore interest - Riley
Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall at the list management meetings !!!!!!

Some of the stuff that you'd hear would be "priceless"

Knowing my luck,I'd get swattered or zapped with fly spray.

They’d be bringing in another key, a forwardline of Hammer FF, Max CHF & Sharman is too exciting to mess with
Sure, but what about Max Sharman Keeler? I think that's the combo the coaches like going forward

Then you have Caminiti, Wilkie, Arie as the trio in defence long term with hopefully Cole or Van Es to maybe step in when Wilkie is done

Sure, but what about Max Sharman Keeler? I think that's the combo the coaches like going forward

Then you have Caminiti, Wilkie, Arie as the trio in defence long term with hopefully Cole or Van Es to maybe step in when Wilkie is done
I’d love Keeler to come on, fact is he’s yet to play a game…
Hammer shows huge promise considering his entry to the AFL and his age and position.

We don't even know if Keeler will make it at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy will never be a first-choice defender. If we let Howard leave, it's because we know there's a kid who can step in, and Ross loves Caminiti in defence so it'll probably be him. It's exactly how a 'refresh' of the list goes

Has Howard been that bad? I think he’s been good this season, I’d be annoyed if we got rid of him tbh.

What kid can step in to be a fullback? Hammer played 2 games there, Shoenmaker can’t defend at VFL level let alone AFL. Keeler is too skinny to be a fullback. Anyone else I’m missing ?

Has Howard been that bad? I think he’s been good this season, I’d be annoyed if we got rid of him tbh.

What kid can step in to be a fullback? Hammer played 2 games there, Shoenmaker can’t defend at VFL level let alone AFL. Keeler is too skinny to be a fullback. Anyone else I’m missing ?
Van Es who has spent more months in rehab than he has games played at Sandy.

Howard has been great this year. Anyone who argues otherwise hasn't been watching. Hard to believe anyone could have watched his performance and not rushed to offer a contract, especially when our CHB is out the door.

Van Es who has spent more months in rehab than he has games played at Sandy.

Howard has been great this year. Anyone who argues otherwise hasn't been watching. Hard to believe anyone could have watched his performance and not rushed to offer a contract, especially when our CHB is out the door.

I agree we should extend Howard. Maybe Howard is holding out to see if anyone else comes with more $/ years.. who knows.

Ah yes, Van Es what a unit! Hopefully he gets an extension and stays fit. Unfortunately big arms doesn’t make him a good full back, but fingers crossed.

Where’s the substance on Arie not being able to defend I call crap & he’s only 19, I remember Battle when he went down back, well supporters were calling for him to be delisted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He very well could improve his ability to defend but right now he plays like a tall Daniel Rich. I wouldn't mind him actually working with Mason Wood to have him eventually replace him on the wing to make up for his defensive let downs.

I’d love Keeler to come on, fact is he’s yet to play a game…
Hammer shows huge promise considering his entry to the AFL and his age and position.
This is true, but my point is that if the coaches let Howard go and play Caminiti back, it's because they know that this is the optimal balance with another key forward coming through - rather than say keeping Caminiti forward and eventually having a logjam of key forwards that would result in some not getting a game and wasting talent

No, I've been a Howard fan ever since he's arrived and even through his maligned times. But if we can get adequate compensation, he is someone we can afford to let go

Hammer played 2 games there and showed a ton of potential. He's got the perfect attributes, just needs to develop defensive craft

Would also depend how confident we are in getting JVE's body right

Arie was playing more accountable on the weekend so I think they've started developing that side of his game

Where’s the substance on Arie not being able to defend I call crap & he’s only 19, I remember Battle when he went down back, well supporters were calling for him to be delisted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No one is saying he isn't a long-term defender. The fact of the matter is that Arie has no defensive craft right now and is part of the reason why he went at pick 62 - along with the other baggage. He has a lot of development to go

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back