List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the club saw enough in Arie Schoenmaker as a ready made replacement for Josh Battle….
I think the Saints podcast dude stage left said he thought Arie was not willful enough in a contest - I didn’t see if and don’t know. Battle is very athletic and strong, that’s for sure. Hope the Shoemaker can be too.

Meantime, I think it might be a good idea to beat Hawthorn next year. Especially with Battle playing. As a Hawks fan on their BF site says,

“yes, less money. It just shows what a dumb club St Kilda is. If they had offered that money 12 months ago, you'd put your house on him being at the Saints next year.”

Mason Wood was delisted because of his injury issues. He was clearly a talented player but they had to move past players like him who were older and unreliable

Taylor is just shit. Pure shit

He was delisted because any time he showed any patches of form they were either brief or he was injured. They wanted him to be a key forward which he struggled to be consistent in.

I would like to target another small forward who can go compete with or go past Dan Butler, as I think he is holding our forwardline back with his average performances. Collard might come on next year but far from a guarentee.
Collard will light the Saints up in coming years if he stays in Victoria.

Barrett really is a piece of work.

We don’t deserve first round compensation for losing a 25 year old intercepting defender, who we developed, at the peak of his powers, to a club challenging in finals?

Despite the fact we don’t get the benefits of the Northern Academies, don’t ever benefit from Father and Sons, had a terrible fixture this year, and have not received any charity that a club like North has received, despite having a 60 year Premiership drought.

The AFL spin machine is just putrid. Representative of the rancid integrity of that organisation.
Barrett’s opinion pieces are actually all dogshit. Just comes across as an arrogant, vindictive, bitter c***.

Anyway, I hope we get band 1 and he has a good cry. But honestly if we don’t get band one, there better be very few teams who do in the future (until they inevitably move the goal posts again)

Mason Wood was delisted because of his injury issues. He was clearly a talented player but they had to move past players like him who were older and unreliable

Taylor is just shit. Pure shit
No one who gets on an AFL list is pure shit
Even Matt Allison had some small amount of talent

No, well I agree. But with Shiel, Tomlinson, Macrae, and god knows how many other grandpas being mentioned on here, he’s at least only a great uncle.
They all make me feel ill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there ladies and gentlemen is absolute proof as to why you don't pay $900k a year for a 3rd defender.

Laverde is 28, offer him 2 years with a trigger for a third.

And next year its Josh who???
The problem with getting Laverde is we would have to trade for him with Essendon and what selection would we be willing to give up to get him? I think he would be a good Battle replacement BTW.

The problem with getting Laverde is we would have to trade for him with Essendon and what selection would we be willing to give up to get him? I think he would be a good Battle replacement BTW.
True but you wouldn't be offering much for a player the Dons supposedly no longer want.

The rumors were we offered Weitering a million dollar contract , I fully expect that money has been offered to LDU and Brayshaw - both will be looking for there last long term big contract as Battle did.
Mat Rowell , Rayner , Callaghan , Warner are all off contract next year.
Just has to be a FA - use picks to build from the bottom and create the attraction to come here, then target early, offer a ridiculous over the top amount and get 1 in the door!

I would like to target another small forward who can go compete with or go past Dan Butler, as I think he is holding our forwardline back with his average performances. Collard might come on next year but far from a guarentee.
I might get hunted down for this, but I’d take the risk out of Collard and trade him this year. Take WC 2R and see what we can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back