Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

Some surprising results in there
McKay 33.3! It’s a good thing nobody offered him big money recently.

Defensive 1v1 loss % 2024

Josh Battle 18.8
Jayden Laverde 35.7
Adam Tomlinson 17.6

Others (out of interest)

Dougal Howard 16.7
Steven May 13.5
Tom mccartin 20.6
Tom Barass 34.4
Sam Dekoning 30.3
Noah Balta 12.5
Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

Okay hopefully we go for Tommo over Laverde

I might get hunted down for this, but I’d take the risk out of Collard and trade him this year. Take WC 2R and see what we can do.
WC will be well aware of his ability, they’ll also have some nice picks to play with. I’m not shopping him when collard settles into senior footy and starts finding more of the ball he’ll light it up.

I would like to target another small forward who can go compete with or go past Dan Butler, as I think he is holding our forwardline back with his average performances. Collard might come on next year but far from a guarentee.

I find it laughable when people suggest Butler is holding us back. His role is firstly as a defensive small forward, to chase, tackle and pressure which he does to elite levels. He has to make up for the limited players around him. He didnt kick the same amount of goals this year but the entire forward line struggled. In any event perhaps that where the Curtis Taylor and Jacob Kostanty enquiries come from...

Last edited:
Sharman gave Laverde an absolute bath and he was the liability during the Bombers last few games, hard, hard pass.

Tomlinson is a much better short term option, I wish we got him when left GWS. He’ll be able to hold down that position until hopefully Arie comes on to play that role full time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate Clarry must be pretty relieved the heat is off him and the blowtorch is on Trac.
Sounds like one won’t be at Melbourne next year.

So I’m not sure Clarry is out of the firing line yet. Petracca has a lot of anger about how Melbourne dealt with Oliver

I find it laughable when people suggest Butler is holding us back. His role is firstly as a defensive small forward, to chase, tackle and pressure which he does to elite levels. He has to make up for the limited players around him. He didnt kick the same amount of goals this year but the entire forward line struggled. In any event perhaps that where the Curtis Taylor and Jacob Kostanty enquiries come from...
Was going to post the same almost word for word.
Butler is part of the team defence. Very rarely the opposition walks it out of defence when Butler plays. He also runs down attacks through the midfield, given the opportunity by the zoning and defensive positions upfield. He is very underrated.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club will be asking the question of every cheap, key defensive option.

We will need someone mature on the list as a hypothetical Battle replacement and we won't want to pay a lot for it.
As of today - people should be of the mindset that what we will bring in across probably all lines will be cheap.

Aim is to keep the picks.

Looking at the likes of Soldo Macrae/Peatling Tomlinson/Laverde types.

Unless something major happens in the next 6 weeks that gives us more currency that is…

As of today - people should be of the mindset that what we will bring in across probably all lines will be cheap.

Unless something major happens in the next 6 weeks that gives us more currency that is…
I hope we don’t look too hard at Macrae and Laverde.

Was going to post the same almost word for word.
Butler is part of the team defence. Very rarely the opposition walks it out of defence when Butler plays. He also runs down attacks through the midfield, given the opportunity by the zoning and defensive positions upfield. He is very underrated.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
You also have to remember Butler is another one who didn't have much of a pre season due to ankle surgeries. If he does a full pre season he'll be fine.

Defensive 1v1 loss % 2024

Josh Battle 18.8
Jayden Laverde 35.7
Adam Tomlinson 17.6

Others (out of interest)

Dougal Howard 16.7
Steven May 13.5
Tom mccartin 20.6
Tom Barass 34.4
Sam Dekoning 30.3
Noah Balta 12.5
Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

No doubt this is a key stat with metres gained and intercept marking. Nice get.

Offer Stringer 2 years?

Ready... set... go!

Dude’s working on his fitness levels in the off season

gvJi1dw.gif

Sounds like one won’t be at Melbourne next year.

So I’m not sure Clarry is out of the firing line yet. Petracca has a lot of anger about how Melbourne dealt with Oliver

Understandably so in my view. Melbourne have flushed the entire clubs culture down the toilet trying to cover for an 'ice' junkie. If I was Petracca I would be getting legal advice as there is a strong chance Melbourne voided their contractual rights with the way they have handled his injury and other grievances. It borders on Safe Work Place breaches...

I have friends who have a daughter with 'ice' addiction issues and the daughter continually drags the family into the mud. Its sad to see the entire family struggling because of a single individuals choices - no different to MFC.

Are we looking at Haynes or is he a certainty for the blues?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back