List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to target another small forward who can go compete with or go past Dan Butler, as I think he is holding our forwardline back with his average performances. Collard might come on next year but far from a guarentee.

He makes our forward line better when he plays but we should have depth. Definitely need another in development in case Collard takes off. You can play a few anyway.

As of today - people should be of the mindset that what we will bring in across probably all lines will be cheap.

Aim is to keep the picks.

Looking at the likes of Soldo Macrae/Peatling Tomlinson/Laverde types.

Unless something major happens in the next 6 weeks that gives us more currency that is…
Soldo & Tomlinson a need basis. Peatling's age bracket appeals over eg. McCrae

If we bring in Laverde and he lines up in rnd 1 in Battle's spot I'll go full fu**ing Gringo !!

Pretty sure they troll us with threats of absolutely abysmal trades so that when they only slightly shit the bed we are all relieved.

WC will be well aware of his ability, they’ll also have some nice picks to play with. I’m not shopping him when collard settles into senior footy and starts finding more of the ball he’ll light it up.

Sounds like he’s under lots of pressure to head home. I think people are thinking that taking control of the situation instead of having him with all the bargaining power might be better for everyone

Sharman gave Laverde an absolute bath and he was the liability during the Bombers last few games, hard, hard pass.

Tomlinson is a much better short term option, I wish we got him when left GWS. He’ll be able to hold down that position until hopefully Arie comes on to play that role full time.

Honestly neither are great but they are just fill-ins. If Leverde does settle into a strong defensive set up he’s still young enough to become a reliable solid type. AT is at the absolute end of his journey and really just pure short term. Depends on cost for either. You’re digging in the dirty washing basket for your worn undies with the least stench.

Defensive 1v1 loss % 2024

Josh Battle 18.8
Jayden Laverde 35.7
Adam Tomlinson 17.6

Others (out of interest)

Dougal Howard 16.7
Steven May 13.5
Tom mccartin 20.6
Tom Barass 34.4
Sam Dekoning 30.3
Noah Balta 12.5
Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

Some surprising results in there
Surely hed be better in our system learning from the best (wilkie, enright, sinclair)
Would be a good get surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Move him in with the Mitchito family.

Funny enough I reckon there is some similarities with them. They are both big guys and sort of utility types that look like they’d make good mids.

Don't want anyone from the Bombers. All those dudes are broken in the same way that our Richo era guys were broken. Pass

Lyon has always had a talent for giving GOPs defined roles and making them more valuable. I would see what the cost is and assess off that.

Lyon has always had a talent for giving GOPs defined roles and making them more valuable. I would see what the cost is and assess off that.
It's the type of role suited to a GOP that can improve.

Battle wasn't a game breaker, what he did well was he had a beautiful kick, tidy decision making and read the play well.

I don't think he was a great stopper but could play a role in that area at times eg against Cameron. Some forwards exposed him at times, I think Heeney really troubled him and he couldn't play on the monsters.

But yeah I reckon if we could find someone with good disposal that can play the role that's important and shift the coin to landing an LDU or similar.

With the departure of Josh Battle, there's a hole in the backline that needs to be filled. Do we look internally, or do we try to bring someone in from elsewhere?

We'll find out in due course Pakenhamsaint.......when the facts that can be told....are told.
10 years from now basically.

I was thinking it was because of RTB.
Ross as we know has very very high standards and no doubt pushes the players.

That high level isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Maybe Josh is one of those players.
Maybe he sees from the outside Hawthorn are a fun team.

Last edited:
It's the type of role suited to a GOP that can improve.

Battle wasn't a game breaker, what he did well was he had a beautiful kick, tidy decision making and read the play well.

I don't think he was a great stopper but could play a role in that area at times eg against Cameron. Some forwards exposed him at times, I think Heeney really troubled him and he couldn't play on the monsters.

But yeah I reckon if we could find someone with good disposal that can play the role that's important and shift the coin to landing an LDU or similar.

Battle was underrated. He’ll be hard to cover. Even when Richo was coaching I remember him going down back in an inter club match and he was playing intercept back. Was best on ground by heaps. If we have a better midfield hopefully the loss is offset by less ball coming in fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back