List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like one won’t be at Melbourne next year.

So I’m not sure Clarry is out of the firing line yet. Petracca has a lot of anger about how Melbourne dealt with Oliver

I feel this whole situation makes Clarry more gettable than ever and the cost probably going down by the day the longer Petracca is upset.

10 years from now basically.

I was thinking it was because of RTB.
Ross as we know has very very high standards and no doubt pushes the players.

That high level isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Maybe Josh is one of those players.
Maybe he sees from the outside Hawthorn are a fun team.
If that’s the case he could be in for a rude awakening when pre season starts. I don’t think Sam Mitchell would be the type to go easy on players.
And if adhering to higher standards was the reason he left he can disappear as far as I’m concerned. Go through the motions somewhere else.

Defensive 1v1 loss % 2024

Josh Battle 18.8
Jayden Laverde 35.7
Adam Tomlinson 17.6

Others (out of interest)

Dougal Howard 16.7
Steven May 13.5
Tom mccartin 20.6
Tom Barass 34.4
Sam Dekoning 30.3
Noah Balta 12.5
Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

Some surprising results in there

Barrass at 34.4%.

Hawks offering a first and change, plus a large long term contract.

What are they thinking?

I know mids a the biggest needs, I have always felt we have lacked ball use across the high half forward role. I hope we are looking for a Toby Bedford type when GWS nabbed him. He was cheap and gave them someone who covered ground quickly and could use the ball by foot. Having both Owens and butler up there really hurts ball movement. Throw in Hammer who isn’t great a finding targets. That’s 3 of the forward 6 that can’t hit targets. Higgo is our best but also our best deep forward.

If we can’t address the midfield with someone we want I hope this is the next area they are looking at.

Sharman gave Laverde an absolute bath and he was the liability during the Bombers last few games, hard, hard pass.

Tomlinson is a much better short term option, I wish we got him when left GWS. He’ll be able to hold down that position until hopefully Arie comes on to play that role full time.

I just don’t see Schoenmaker as a lock down and intercepting third defender.

He is an attacking half back. An offensive weapon with his left peg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t see Schoenmaker as a lock down and intercepting third defender.

He is an attacking half back. An offensive weapon with his left peg.
When I spoke to Schoey at a club function a month ago he said Ross is getting him to play more on smalls than talls - he's not seen as a third tall internally

The club will be asking the question of every cheap, key defensive option.

We will need someone mature on the list as a hypothetical Battle replacement and we won't want to pay a lot for it.

I agree. If you are planning for the future you can't rely on your "Hugh Goddard" making it. We saw what happens when you do.

Dude’s working on his fitness levels in the off season

gvJi1dw.gif

That just works on so many levels.

Sounds like he’s under lots of pressure to head home. I think people are thinking that taking control of the situation instead of having him with all the bargaining power might be better for everyone
If so let them come to us with an offer we can’t refuse, they should have some nice picks after trading out a few.

Defensive 1v1 loss % 2024

Josh Battle 18.8
Jayden Laverde 35.7
Adam Tomlinson 17.6

Others (out of interest)

Dougal Howard 16.7
Steven May 13.5
Tom mccartin 20.6
Tom Barass 34.4
Sam Dekoning 30.3
Noah Balta 12.5
Callum Wilkie 13
Sam Taylor 18.9
Jeremy McGovern 26.6
Harris Andrews 14.1
Sam Collins 15.8
Ben McKay 33.3
Jacob Weitering 11.3

Some surprising results in there
Pretty hard for any defender if you play with Essendon. Zero defensive structure.

I have no doubts Laverde would become a better defender in our team.

Battle was underrated. He’ll be hard to cover. Even when Richo was coaching I remember him going down back in an inter club match and he was playing intercept back. Was best on ground by heaps. If we have a better midfield hopefully the loss is offset by less ball coming in fast.
He's about to get paid around 900k a year, don't think he's underrated. Our fans loved him too.

Josh has zero obligation to us to maximize our compo, played his heart out for 7 years getting ****ed about for the first 4-5 positionally and from many accounts was dangled at the start of the year.

Didn't the club put a lucrative, long term contract in front of him early in the season?

Low level dangling Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back