List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

If Hunter is that good why are being linked to McRae and Peatling and look like taking another 3 or 4 midfielders at the draft. He isnt even in our starting midfield group, the 4th worst performing in the competition. My point is he ok when he is out there he does contribute no doubt, but he simply doesnt do enough and will be quickly surpassed by others if he is only good for bursts. We all want him to become an A grader but its simply not a reality, his game is more flawed than Seb Ross ever was and no one is crying over his exit.

Lyon's has always prioritised players who can run, who work hard and get to contest after contest - how do you think he feels about Hunter. My guess he wants him replaced ASAP.

Ps Its just been reported Cerra is heading OS to get his hamstrings looked at. If things are that bad the club needs to give him a big pass!

We have lost Ross, probably Crouch, and Hotton. looks dodgey.
If we got McRae and Pealting we would not be getting another four mids.

Your guess on Clark is completely off. Lyon likes Clsrk as he is tough, hard at it, a point of difference and a great kick on both feet.

We run out games better than any other team in the league. The ToG is such a ridiculous furphy.
The moment Clark was fit, Lyon selected him.
Rewatching the Geelong and Carlton match last week, Clark was so instrument in close.
If anyone is in danger it is Dow not Clark.

A fit Clark is an automatic inclusion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Riley Garcia 23yo Bulldogs is also out of contract. He is averaging 33 disposals and a goal in the VFL, I wonder if we could get a package deal with the McRae trade. In one game against Carlton he had 17 tackles, he is only 178cms tall but plays very similiar to Hugo.

Was drafted as a mid but plays as a high hf. I rate him. He takes the piss in the VFL.

Heard someone on radio suggesting we give up pick 7 and 8 for Jack Silvagni and Cerra so they get a pick and Houston. The worst thing is that it sounds very much like something that we'd do.
Silvagni is at best a late 3rd round pick , Cerra is a average midfielder and sounds like he has worse hamstrings than Hannerbery and at best he would be a very late 2nd round pick close to 40.
A lot of these media outlets just spitball garbage in a attempt to make some news.

The only way we give up our 1st round picks will be for LDU or Bryshaw

There’s a little bit of an ageist attitude on this board. Yes we might be regenerating the list, but there are more players than ever playing to until 35 years +.
Theres nothing to say someone like Houston doesn’t have another 150 games, or Macrae doesn’t play another 4 seasons.
It’s a balancing act to ensure they complement the development of the rest of the list but I have no issue bringing some players older than 25 into the club.
There's plenty to say Macca doesn't have 4 years left.. potentially he doesn't have any. He's in the VFL now mostly for a reason. Game is quickly going past him.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Your son must know nothing about footy then. Literally lead their bnf til round 20 last year in a period where no one else was performing. Look at his elimination final performance from last year. Had an inconsistent year with injury but the kid is a serious talent
He goes to most games and I’m taking his view over yours everyday and he works in the industry.

First time poster long time reader.

Just saw that Freo delisted the 199cm key forward Sebit Kuek. We could do worse than rookie him and train him up as a CHB. A cut price Mac Andrew.

Regards,

Mr Kuek.

If you are elite enough to name yourself Bakes10 then you should be given the captaincy next year. Keep posting Kueky.

I think his girlfriend is in Melbourne.
Quite possibly she could be in Melbourne & Adelaide at the same time :oops:

6c86c33aaecab4a3bf1f9e23b9c15503

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Hunter is that good why are being linked to McRae and Peatling and look like taking another 3 or 4 midfielders at the draft. He isnt even in our starting midfield group, the 4th worst performing in the competition. My point is he ok when he is out there he does contribute no doubt, but he simply doesnt do enough and will be quickly surpassed by others if he is only good for bursts. We all want him to become an A grader but its simply not a reality, his game is more flawed than Seb Ross ever was and no one is crying over his exit.

Lyon's has always prioritised players who can run, who work hard and get to contest after contest - how do you think he feels about Hunter. My guess he wants him replaced ASAP.

Ps Its just been reported Cerra is heading OS to get his hamstrings looked at. If things are that bad the club needs to give him a big pass!

Because he is one player?

Your argument is a strange one. I don't think anyone claimed we are blessed with a deep midfield....

Clark was consistently rushed into the team. Indicating Ross rates him highly.

Jason Horne Francis started the game on the bench on the weekend and most weeks. Does that mean he isn't rated?

Clark's average speed stats show that whilst he is on the ground he is in our top 5 in terms of work rate most weeks. As I said earlier, he is on the field to provide bursts of intense competitive effort.

Anyone who has played a true inside mid or ruck role knows how taxing that particular role can be. It is no better or worse than a Hill style role where you run outside all day. Just different and both hard work.

Soldo, Marshall, Caminiti, King... doesn't leave much space for Keels and Heath who I'd desperately love to come on and succeed with us.

Unless Soldo is happy to earn a decent wage being Tom Campbell mk2 that is.
Keeler could be a type that excells earlier than expected when thrown in the deep end. I'm not sure why we haven't tried yet.

Carlton, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Saints all chasing Houston.
North offered a future first (lol), but Port want a pick this year.

Carlton really want him but wants to keep pick 11, don't know what Collingwood can offer.
We will offer pick 8.
Maybe all this has been reported don't know, just watching gettable.

Might be worth a few people having a bit of a look at our results with Clark in the team vs him without.

Or our clearances when he attends a stoppage vs when he doesn't

Or our score for vs against when he is on the ground vs not.

With a cap on the number of rotations and a largely super fit side, Clark having lower time on ground and being used as a high impact player is completely fine.

The way he is being asked to play- intense bursts of repeat contest work at the coalface- is as responsible for his TOG% as any perceived lack of fitness.

People used to say he was too weak, now he isn't fit enough. Neither are accurate.
Who use to say he was weak? Clark is as tough as they come.. especially for his size.

Carlton, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Saints all chasing Houston.
North offered a future first (lol), but Port want a pick this year.

Carlton really want him but wants to keep pick 11, don't know what Collingwood can offer.
We will offer pick 8.
Maybe all this has been reported don't know, just watching gettable.

Bulldogs should have some currency with the Bailey Smith pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back