List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Was drafted as a mid but plays as a high hf. I rate him. He takes the piss in the VFL.
I would be looking at every teams 2nds , a lot of players get out of favor due to personality conflicts or not used in there best possible way and never given a good crack.

Wood was a fine example , played mainly as a forward for North who never used his elite running ability another was Parish , the Bombers were looking at offloading him if they could get anything for him which they couldn't , the the following season Merritt , Shiel went down and Parish was there only option and he was able to show what he had.

Many players have been put on the outer , the Suns did it to Wright who basically played a whole season in the 2s before moving to the Bombers the same as Will Brodie.
Fremantle delisted Sam Collins played the next season in the VFL then picked up by the Suns and never looked back.

Teams I would be looking at are Essendon , Gold Coast , GWS , Blues , Dogs and Adelaide , who all seem to fail in player development a lot IMO.

This Houston situation has me torn. I'm strongly in the hit the draft as hard as we can camp. But Dan Houston is one of my favourite footballers. Hard as nails and uses it beautifully... we really need that.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Those things look way more fun than a Nintendo switch
If she is in Melbourne, and says its Melbourne or no me, then Ivan is in Melbourne. If I had her watching me play every week, I would play at Sandy and save my energy for more important pastimes.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quite possibly she could be in Melbourne & Adelaide at the same time :oops:

6c86c33aaecab4a3bf1f9e23b9c15503
Comes with a 12 month warranty too...

Cerra is a good but not elite mid. I'd have him a little below Crouch even. His hammy went 6 times in a season. That's going to be hard to ever get right IMO.
Carlton are sacking their entire fitness department.

Not saying he wouldn’t be a risk. But he was fine last season in comparison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That after making him wait all season for a throw him a 1 year contract.

People on here make out as if he is integral.

You don’t do the above if you see Howard as integral
Keeping him once Battle walked was imperative.

I don't really think Ross likes him all that much but considering Cordy is the currently the only other recognised tall defender after Wilks, I'd say his signature was pretty important.

I want him on the list for the comedic factor at training if nothing else. Last year in one instance he got flung off a tackle, did three rolls and nearly treated 5 blokes in the line as bowling pins. That was tongue in cheek, but he's a professional, well liked, trains hard and is criminally underrated unless he has time to think.

He wouldn't be the only player nearing 30 on one year deals either. I think it's pretty average form to be taking the proverbial in any way over his contract.

We have lost Ross, probably Crouch, and Hotton. looks dodgey.
If we got McRae and Pealting we would not be getting another four mids.

Your guess on Clark is completely off. Lyon likes Clsrk as he is tough, hard at it, a point of difference and a great kick on both feet.

We run out games better than any other team in the league. The ToG is such a ridiculous furphy.
The moment Clark was fit, Lyon selected him.
Rewatching the Geelong and Carlton match last week, Clark was so instrument in close.
If anyone is in danger it is Dow not Clark.

A fit Clark is an automatic inclusion.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lyon selected him because we had no one else, our midfield was putrid. In any event time will show what the club thinks, but as soon as we get some decent kids playing midfield he will be surpassed.

There's plenty to say Macca doesn't have 4 years left.. potentially he doesn't have any. He's in the VFL now mostly for a reason. Game is quickly going past him.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He only played 3 games in the VFL, I said last night he'd averaged 43 and 6 tackles in those games. With all due respect, I absolutely disagree with the notion that Macrae is washed.

Carlton, Collingwood, Bulldogs, Saints all chasing Houston.
North offered a future first (lol), but Port want a pick this year.

Carlton really want him but wants to keep pick 11, don't know what Collingwood can offer.
We will offer pick 8.
Maybe all this has been reported don't know, just watching gettable.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if our 'sudden' interest in trading the Battle compo for the right player comes from it being pick 8 and not pick 6. With Trainor having the concussion concerns, we may take the view that we won't quite get the slider we wanted and that 8 is better spent elsewhere.

That after making him wait all season for a deal we throw him a 1 year contract.

People on here make out as if he is integral.

You don’t do the above if you see Howard as integral

Howard gets a year means we must have other plans, I just cant see what or who they could be? We need key defenders - where do they come from? What our options? We cant expect to draft a kid and have them ready to replace Dougal.

I understand you mentioned Adam Tomlinson or Jai Serong as players of interest. But surely if we are considering moving on Howard there has to be a contingency.

What has happened to Tabaners career? Was looking good at one point. Has he been trialled in defence at Freo.

It wasn’t that long ago Ross wanted a forward partner for King. Wouldn’t be surprised we take Armstrong in the draft if we have two picks in the top 10.

If Hunter is that good why are being linked to McRae and Peatling and look like taking another 3 or 4 midfielders at the draft. He isnt even in our starting midfield group, the 4th worst performing in the competition. My point is he ok when he is out there he does contribute no doubt, but he simply doesnt do enough and will be quickly surpassed by others if he is only good for bursts. We all want him to become an A grader but its simply not a reality, his game is more flawed than Seb Ross ever was and no one is crying over his exit.

Lyon's has always prioritised players who can run, who work hard and get to contest after contest - how do you think he feels about Hunter. My guess he wants him replaced ASAP.

Ps Its just been reported Cerra is heading OS to get his hamstrings looked at. If things are that bad the club needs to give him a big pass!
Clark is not our fix for the midfield but he can more than help out , McCrae who has been a 3 x All Australian will be upgrade on who we currently have even though he is in the twlight of his career.
If he came for our 2nd round pick I would take him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back