List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

What has happened to Tabaners career? Was looking good at one point. Has he been trialled in defence at Freo.

It wasn’t that long ago Ross wanted a forward partner for King. Wouldn’t be surprised we take Armstrong in the draft if we have two picks in the top 10.
injury destroyed his career - when he started to show something he always fell injured and now a 31yr old his career is basically over - doubt he will get another contract.

injury destroyed his career - when he started to show something he always fell injured and now a 31yr old his career is basically over - doubt he will get another contract.

How the **** is he 31 already. Seems like he should be mid 20s.

Quite possibly she could be in Melbourne & Adelaide at the same time :oops:

6c86c33aaecab4a3bf1f9e23b9c15503
My god that is the fakest shit I've ever seen. If that is a real human then I'm Mr Ed.

Howard gets a year means we must have other plans, I just cant see what or who they could be? We need key defenders - where do they come from? What our options? We cant expect to draft a kid and have them ready to replace Dougal.

I understand you mentioned Adam Tomlinson or Jai Serong as players of interest. But surely if we are considering moving on Howard there has to be a contingency.
Not a clue.

I was under the understanding everything we did was effectively short term this offseason. Draft focus etc.

Houston & Cerra interest would say that isn’t accurate.

Let’s just see what they do. It might speak more to the fact that they are interested in talent and won’t knock it back if the opportunity arises.

Like they want Macrae. They won’t overpay for Macrae and he is aware of that. (Don’t know what specifically that looks like for us).

Howard’s been shopped for 2 off seasons now. The boss isn’t a huge fan clearly.

Has this guy really just been delisted and why?

Fremantle have selected Neil Erasmus with pick 10 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft

By fremantlefc.com.au
Nov 24, 2021, 9:10am

DOB: 2 December 2003 (17)
POSITION: Mid / Forward
HEIGHT: 190cm
WEIGHT: 82kg
DRAFTED FROM: Subiaco

Neil Erasmus played just the four games for Subiaco at Colts level in 2021 due to school football commitments and a quad injury at the end of the year but dominated when he played.

He averaged 164 ranking points, which made him the no.2 ranked player in the whole competition and the no.1 rated midfielder.

He rated elite for average disposals (28.0), contested possessions (16.0), marks (7.8), ground ball gets (9.8), clearances (6.3) and score assists (2.0).

The 17-year-old also starred for Hale in the PSA - averaging 35.8 disposals, 2.5 contested marks, 5.3 clearances and a goal a game on his way to being named the captain of the PSA Team of the Year.

Erasmus is a powerful midfielder who breaks tackles with ease, is a big presence at the stoppages, works hard around the ground and is a force overhead.

He's also showed he's just as dangerous as a forward option, highlighted by his four goals as bottom age player for Subiaco in the 2020 WAFL Colts grand final win.

Given his cricket background and December birthdate, there is still significant upside to his game.

Heard someone on radio suggesting we give up pick 7 and 8 for Jack Silvagni and Cerra so they get a pick and Houston. The worst thing is that it sounds very much like something that we'd do.
SOS edging right about now at the thought of this I reckon.
Gubby watching on....he does feck all else, and he seems the type.

Has this guy really just been delisted and why?

Fremantle have selected Neil Erasmus with pick 10 in the 2021 NAB AFL Draft

By fremantlefc.com.au
Nov 24, 2021, 9:10am

DOB: 2 December 2003 (17)
POSITION: Mid / Forward
HEIGHT: 190cm
WEIGHT: 82kg
DRAFTED FROM: Subiaco

Neil Erasmus played just the four games for Subiaco at Colts level in 2021 due to school football commitments and a quad injury at the end of the year but dominated when he played.

He averaged 164 ranking points, which made him the no.2 ranked player in the whole competition and the no.1 rated midfielder.

He rated elite for average disposals (28.0), contested possessions (16.0), marks (7.8), ground ball gets (9.8), clearances (6.3) and score assists (2.0).

The 17-year-old also starred for Hale in the PSA - averaging 35.8 disposals, 2.5 contested marks, 5.3 clearances and a goal a game on his way to being named the captain of the PSA Team of the Year.

Erasmus is a powerful midfielder who breaks tackles with ease, is a big presence at the stoppages, works hard around the ground and is a force overhead.

He's also showed he's just as dangerous as a forward option, highlighted by his four goals as bottom age player for Subiaco in the 2020 WAFL Colts grand final win.

Given his cricket background and December birthdate, there is still significant upside to his game.

I am pretty sure he hasn't been delisted

Just reading the list of players in the futures squad I noticed that Max King is in the Sydney Swans Academy…

Straight swap for Heeney?

I just read a trade related article and it mentioned 28 year old Tom Barrass, followed by a comment about Jack Macrae being on the wrong side of 30.

In reality, Jack turned 30 last month and Tom is 29 next month.

It's fascinating how 2 players who are just one year apart in age are perceived by many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King definitely played better when Marshall or Ryder were forward with him taking some of the load. It makes sense we get Soldo and play Marshall 70% forward.
Going big is the exact opposite to how we started having success with our ball movement and scoring last season. Also pushed caminiti out of the side which is not ideal imo.

Could it work? Maybe, but go and count how many contending teams are playing two rucks nowadays.

Cerra set to sign on at blues

Thank heavens.

I can understand Macrae, although I’m not thrilled by it. But if it’s for little draft capital then I can accept it.

But please, for the love of god, can we just take picks 7 & 8 to the draft. Let Carlton have Houston.

Look at the long term, draft and develop our own. Stick to the plan.

From 2026 we will look back and be glad we did it.

Wow , the suns wouldn't want Mac Andrew to have a serious injury.

The contract commences in 2026 and has a trigger after 4 years. If he plays less than 60 games in that time then he becomes a free agent.

If he plays 60+ games then the final 4 years are automatically activated.

Personally I think it is a really risky contract. But the Suns know other clubs are coming for him. The trigger is seen as a protective mechanism for the club.

Last edited:
I wonder if our 'sudden' interest in trading the Battle compo for the right player comes from it being pick 8 and not pick 6. With Trainor having the concussion concerns, we may take the view that we won't quite get the slider we wanted and that 8 is better spent elsewhere.

My view as well.

But the rise of Armstrong up the draft board might help with the sliding of Trainor. Twomey thinks he could now be a top 5 pick.

Not a clue.

I was under the understanding everything we did was effectively short term this offseason. Draft focus etc.

Houston & Cerra interest would say that isn’t accurate.

Let’s just see what they do. It might speak more to the fact that they are interested in talent and won’t knock it back if the opportunity arises.

Like they want Macrae. They won’t overpay for Macrae and he is aware of that. (Don’t know what specifically that looks like for us).

Howard’s been shopped for 2 off seasons now. The boss isn’t a huge fan clearly.
But there’s interest and there’s ‘interest’. Clubs would speak to dozens of players (or their managers) every year, but that doesn’t mean they are going after all of them. The media will blow up every meeting, conversation or casual chat as though it’s a done deal.
I’ve still believe the draft is our primary focus. However, you have to be aware of every possibility. You don’t want to ignore Cerra and in five years have him say he would love to have played with the Saints but we never called.
As for Howard, he’s still worth more to us than what we would get in a trade. Ross might not love him but he picks him every week. The money that’s been given for McKay, Battle and Barrass show that key defenders aren’t easy to find. It’s why I would have minded getting Trainor prior to yeasterdays news.

But there’s interest and there’s ‘interest’. Clubs would speak to dozens of players (or their managers) every year, but that doesn’t mean they are going after all of them. The media will blow up every meeting, conversation or casual chat as though it’s a done deal.
I’ve still believe the draft is our primary focus. However, you have to be aware of every possibility. You don’t want to ignore Cerra and in five years have him say he would love to have played with the Saints but we never called.
As for Howard, he’s still worth more to us than what we would get in a trade. Ross might not love him but he picks him every week. The money that’s been given for McKay, Battle and Barrass show that key defenders aren’t easy to find. It’s why I would have minded getting Trainor prior to yeasterdays news.
I think that’s roughly what I was getting at.

It’s an opportunity and they want to explore what it may look like - if anything at all.

I’d rather they do that then miss out on ones like Bowes and pick 7 under Gags.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back