List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone else barracking for teams to lose now,who have players relevant to us?

peatling/houston/soldo/reeves

lets get gws and port out this week,so some announcements are closer

only exception of the 6 left is geelong,who i hope lose every week they are not playing collingwood or essendon
Butters

Thank god he didn't , its been done to death that one and its a tad disturbing posting little girls on here anyway IMO

Confused Little Girl GIF

Who would u rather right now… hill or serong?

Stick to the drafts lads
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I don’t know what happened with Hayes, so I suspect a team like Brisbane or West Coast also don’t know. A far away team might look at him and think he still has some value? (Maybe he did something that RTB didn’t like, in addition to injury..and got the Siberia treatment? Pure speculation but it was a spectacular disappearance from hero to zero) I suspect he has (perhaps artificially) as much currency as Membrey, which to be honest, probably isn’t good enough to buy a boat.

I understand what you are saying but I don't think Hill is the right example.

Without Hill, we most likely struggle to retain NWM, we don't get Henry, and Collard looks for a trade.
Hill is so much better for us. Playing great football, helped keep NWM at the club, helped got Henry to the club.
Serong would not have done any of that, Naz would be back in Adelaide, Henry probably somewhere else.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not to mention we'd have never had his cousin Paddy Ryder play for us.

People forget that Hill has also been a mentor for the aboriginal players on the list. I dare say if it wasn't for Hill, Wanganeen Milera would have left us to go back to SA. Also he was one of the main reasons we got Henry--who i think will end up being a star for the club. I think Hill is one of the best acquisitions we have had in a long time. Worth his weight in gold.

Rewatched the Collingwood game, Henry is a genuine gun. Season got derailed with a hamstring. Keep stock piling talent through the draft and pin point some money ball players. The club is heading in the right direction.
The thing I really love about Henry is how good his marking is. One grab man.

Listening to the West Coast recruiter on gettable it truly sounds like pick 3 will be traded out.

This may be one of those, too good to be true for us biased bigfooty moments but I'd love to do pick 3 & Hawthorn's first for pick 7 & 8 - doubtful we'd be able to do 8 and 2025 1st but yeah.

I'm a bit spooked re Trainor and Lalors injuries, to grab one of Draper, Fos or Jagga as well as a decent teens pick may well just be the safest option.

Obviously if Smillie, Reid, Langford are available at 7/8 I may be jumping at shadows a bit.

Actually, I've named 6, good chance Armstrong is taken early too. Maybe the power of Lalor would be great with a Rolls Royce like Reid.

Far out, oh to live in my brain for 5 minutes - wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Rewatched the Collingwood game, Henry is a genuine gun. Season got derailed with a hamstring. Keep stock piling talent through the draft and pin point some money ball players. The club is heading in the right direction.
I think I’ve worked out your password.

Agreed, but it’s not exactly the strongest point; Hill has been a wonderful addition in a footballing sense.

Coming into his 5th season with the Saints now and just signed another multi year deal contract.

Rarely injured, provides a point of difference, has more premiership experience than 99% of current players & is a mentor to many of our younger players.

Not to mention, he’s just a good player, with elite attributes and durability. One of the few players who always seems to be smothering kicks.

I hold my reservations on his character outside of footy but that’s the case for most AFL players.

Now is a great time to hit the draft BECAUSE we have a good core of older players with elite attributes and AA merit to guide the process through, such as Hill, Steele, Marshall, Sinclair, Wilkie.
Yep it wasn’t an actual knock on hill just an example of would you rather a 23 yo gun right now or a 31 year old whose near the end.

Yep it wasn’t an actual knock on hill just an example of would you rather a 23 yo gun right now or a 31 year old whose near the end.
Prefer the 31 y.o who has three more years plus the 21 year old NAZ plus the 23 y.o Henry.

Thanks for playing.

I remember seeing scoring breakdowns and very few are from the centre break these days.

Ill bet the stats do show that- that's why I said that you could win plenty of games with an average at best centre square mid brigade.

My point is that any such team is more likely than not to lose any close game they happen to play in.

Because I think at the death- close games are often decided by who wins the centre clearances in the dying minutes.

A stat showing a low % of total score (across all games and all winning margins) directly from centre clearance doesn't do really anything to debunk or support my hypothesis.

A stat which showed centre clearance win % in the last 5mins of close margin games would though.

Ie- do teams with gun/star centre square mids win more close games?

I say yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill bet the stats do show that- that's why I said that you could win plenty of games with an average at best centre square mid brigade.

My point is that any such team is more likely than not to lose any close game they happen to play in.

Because I think at the death- close games are often decided by who wins the centre clearances in the dying minutes.

A stat showing a low % of total score (across all games and all winning margins) directly from centre clearance doesn't do really anything to debunk or support my hypothesis.

A stat which showed centre clearance win % in the last 5mins of close margin games would though.

Ie- do teams with gun/star centre square mids win more close games?

I say yes.
Who doesn’t want first use ?. The fact that there are other avenues to goal will never change that.

I was watching a few of our early games the last few days and Henry stood out to me. There was one match where the commentators even mentioned that he seemed to be involved in every goal we scored.
We’ll be a better side if he plays a full season.

I was watching a few of our early games the last few days and Henry stood out to me. There was one match where the commentators even mentioned that he seemed to be involved in every goal we scored.
We’ll be a better side if he plays a full season.
Absolutely. He looked to me like Shai Bolton mk 2. Dynamic in a way that no one else in our team is.

On stoppages... I think you can succeed without being exceptional at them, but it's hard when you are awful at them.

I think our issues are more related to quality of clearance won and quality of clearance conceded. We had the second fewest clearances this year but conceded the second fewest (we try to play a low stoppage game).

This year was pretty unusual and hard to get much out of the stats. Nearly every mid on the list went down and we were locking the game up to try minimise damage.

We never would have had Serong.

We traded 6 for 12 + 18.

We gave 18 up for Paddy + Doogs.

So pick 12 would have landed us with one of Pickett, Bergman, Day or Weightman.

Would we trade Hill for Acres + one of them?

In terms of the Houston debate…

Who would u rather right now… hill or serong?

Stick to the drafts lads
I think the narrative needs to shift with 30-years-old being retirement age. A running half back who's just turned 27 and averaged 21 games a year should be able to play great footy for another 6-8 years.

I know we've drafted better of late, but this draft is so even you're bound to get some gems and some spuds. If you get the compo pick it's a no brainer to take a proven commodity.

I know we need midfielders and better I50 entries, but Houston, NWM, Arie... Most of our shots at goal will be from 70m out anyway.

Love the prospect.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back