List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

"Money is one thing, but..."

but playing in a medicre team for a dsyfunctional club that has come to be my home for the last few years is another.

Some people don't deserve help. I didn't even want the guy or any Essendon players, especially from their leadership group, so I'm happy and glad that he is at least loyal. At least our team are being proactive and exploring possiblities, but I'm really not a fan of this idea. Saved from ourselves again!

It's not really how many imports you have , it's about the quality of the import and that's where we struggle to attract quality imports.
In any case your list needs a little tweek as Ross is gone , Hotton shouldn't even be in the conversation , wood and Hill are not mids and I'm not even sure nas and Wilson are mids so I'm my opinion we need another proven mid to help while our younger mids develop
I adress Ross going and I’m including wingers.

We have 15 in the rotation before we draft anymore. If we were talking an absolute a grader sure bring ‘em in, I don’t think we need another rotation in the form of a 27/28 year old depth rotation from another club right now.

I believe if 43 and third were offered Dogs would retain him as it’d not be worth. Both clubs have tons of cap space so I’m not sure if paying salary comes into the equation. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Won't really be interesting, pick 43 will get it done.

Unfortunately for your argument, cap space now would need to be used to front end some deals to make sure your big names are retained going forward.

Darcy, Bont, etc will be demanding proper dollars on their next deals - despite thinking you have plenty of cap space now, it's not that simple.

Yeh, really dumb to go from one mediocre club to another mediocre club. What an idiot!

Well yeah, if one of the mediocre clubs offers you a fortune and the other hasn’t won a final in over 7000 days and you decide to stay at the latter on less money. Then he’s an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fairly bizarre from Zach. Painting himself as the loyal good guy because we said to his manager we might make an offer. How many players must have informal offers on the table?

I love how it starts as "potential" from a manager.

And people are treating it as a legit instance fuelled by factual evidence somehow.

This from a club that took Dodo winning trade week and straight fractured into factions to sniff his arse or not.

Wild.

I mean, potentially Stringer liked women and not girls, potentially Hind had Christian friends, that doesn't change facts; they're a magnet for shit and it takes time and plenty of finger pointing to wash with that mob.

We at least have the decency to set things on fire and purge it.

So you guys expect ,Macrae &32 for 24 &43,yet your AA player couldn't get a finals game ahead of Harmes

Sorry for the intrusion but I will say it's not a great comparison. Harmes was brought in as a wing/half-forward which Macrae isn't great at. Harmes shouldn't have played, and I see the fact that Bevo couldn't find a way to fit a player as good as Macrae into a role other than half-forward as his biggest stuff up this year, but they're unrelated.

Personally I think the Macrae deal should be relatively straightforward - he's given his all for the club and he deserves to get to where he wants as painlessly as possible so I'd take a third rounder immediately. Hopefully the people in charge see it the same way and this is all just posturing.

Not just midfield injuries, but our prime movers Steele and Crouch have both been hampered at different times through that stretch.

And then a big chunk of our second tier mids Ross, Zones, McKenzie, Billings were all missing big chunks due to injury.

In Round 1, 2023 we had Clark, Byrnes, Phillipou and Bytel as starting 22 midfielders and were rolling Gresham and Sinclair through the middle, and none were really at the level. Ross Lyon was running an under powered setup on paper, it's a miracle we won clearances, let alone games.

In Round 1 this year we had Seb Ross, Windhager, Byrnes, Phillipou, Wilson, a one legged Crouch and were rolling Stocker and Henry through the middle (Sinclair was injured). Nothing really changed.

In 2025 we need all our older players (Steele, Macrae, Hill, Webster, Wood, Sinclair, Jones, Marshall, Wilkie, Dougal and Butler) to get through pre-season unscathed and be fit and firing come Round Zero.

We need all our 23 - 25 year olds (Higgins, Clark, Dow, Stocker, King, Sharman, Byrnes, and Henry) to at least become consistent performers and start hitting the KPI benchmarks for their position week in and week out. But we also need at least 4-5 of this group to elevate themselves to become durable, consistent above average B-Graders. King and Sharman hopefully and 2 or more of the rest of that bunch.

We've got an exceptional bunch of 19-21 year olds at the moment spearheaded by Phillipou, Naz, Windy, and Mitchito and including Wilson, Caminiti, Hastie, Garcia, Collard and Keeler. Soon to be joined by two more highly rated youngsters. This last group is the one that will eventually push us deep into September once they can hit the benchmarks that Ross Lyon sets for their positions.

Keeping players healthy and fit, and developing and fast tracking as many of our younger brigade as possible becomes the key focus for us after this draft, and I would consider channeling as much of the new soft cap as possible into both of those areas.

By the way, Phillipou turns 20 in December this year. This years rising star, Ollie Dempsey turns 22 ten days later. Phillipou's potential and career tracking is through the roof when you stand back and consider it.

Let's get little Pou too next year

Yeh, really dumb to go from one mediocre club to another mediocre club. What an idiot!
You are worse than mediocre. Most embarrassing club in the comp. Have been utter trash for 2 decades, despite attempting to cheat and risking the health of your own players.

Any success you have had as a club was pre equalisation. You blokes couldn't run a lemonade stand. Have kept dodo in a job for years despite being the biggest flop in footy and your captain is upset because you are not offering a pedo that brings bikkies into the room an extra year.

Ha ha, you guys are beyond cooked. Biggest joke in the AFL.

This is what bothers me. All it takes to realise Max is not as good as Joe yet is to take the St Kilda goggles off for 5 minutes. Yet we are already treating him like he's Nick Riewoldt or Buddy Franklin. Let's see him get there first and then if he does just be fair to him and pay up. Brodie Grundy was actively one of the best footballers in the comp and giving out a mammoth contract still went pair shapped for the pies. There are no garuntees here and he's still already contracted with us for 2 more years it just doesn't make sense to take the risk to me.
It does of you think in 2 years who’ll be out of contract and asking big coin
We can shuffle this around

Journalists know everything.Two days prior to your above comment our mate Purple said he cannot believe Battle FA Trade is with a top 10 pick
m4q3wU2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back