List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it’s clear at all that we approached him (we’ve also denied it). We might have, his management might have approached us. Frankly none of that really matters, I’d expect our list team to be speaking to about 400 players management teams.

My point wasn’t really about that though, my point was much more about the fact that him now doing interviews and media about a very VERY preliminary discussion purely to gauge his interest is pretty ****ing odd. Perhaps it’ll become more common (you see it a bit in US sports and a little in the Rugby League) but I can’t think of another instance of a non retired player doing media about a deal that DIDNT happen, let alone one that clearly didn’t get beyond a conceptual idea
It does fit the bill this trade period. A whole bunch of GOPs, probably more like OPs.

Thought Merrett did exactly what was needed.

Clearly we threw an idea out to his manager and clearly it was big enough for it not to be rejected out of hand. (Lets say 6 × $1.5M)

Manager tells Merrett, he goes f*** thats massive, I'll need to think about that.

So he discusses it with his partner and they decide that no we'll be loyal and stick with Essendon.

Now iis up to Essendon to do the right thing by him.
I don’t think it gets out without another scenario. This sort of thing would go on weekly, but it usually doesn’t get out for some impossible type situation.

Who are we targeting besides Macrae?
soldo most likely,peatling,but unlikely,then according to the media everyone else,im sure st.kilda is the name the media just thow in on top of the other clubs interested in any player name that comes up

junior-about to write the story,so perryman is pies hawks power and crows right?

boss-yes thats right...........oh dont forget to throw in st.kilda

houston-dont forget to throw in st.kilda
kennedy-ditto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should really only be looking at contracted players so it doesn’t impact our FA compo from Battle.

I’d rather Young from Carlton personally but I can see why we’d look at Frost
Can always trade for the player instead of FA offer.
Tomlinson would be one that would be worth a look in that style. Personally would prefer him over Young.

I love how it starts as "potential" from a manager.

And people are treating it as a legit instance fuelled by factual evidence somehow.

This from a club that took Dodo winning trade week and straight fractured into factions to sniff his arse or not.

Wild.

I mean, potentially Stringer liked women and not girls, potentially Hind had Christian friends, that doesn't change facts; they're a magnet for shit and it takes time and plenty of finger pointing to wash with that mob.

We at least have the decency to set things on fire and purge it.
What's wrong with having Christian friends :oops: :confusedv1: 🤚

What's wrong with having Christian friends :oops: :confusedv1: 🤚
putting 2 and 2 together here,with stringers earlier season goal celebrations im thinking hind being his good mate is similarly affiliated & the friends were from a certain other faith(no dog in this fight,when it comes to religion im dirty harry)

24 will 100% be involved - midweek tackle think so as it’s not a salary dump and Dogs would rather keep him. It’s about what comes back that is the question.
We don’t know it certainly will be.

With Bailey Smith leaving the dogs aren’t tight on salary cap, but it’s not in their best interest to have a fringe player on that money. So I don’t think the 2nd rounder could be justified.

Every couple of days is he going to crop up with the same baseless incendiary garbage? Presenting themselves as rational and respectful lol

Can we stop fueling this mouth breather by responding cos that’s all he wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back