List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I just drove past the hawks new facility. Talk about being in the middle of no where. A few sad looking houses and industrial sites. Seems like a fail to my uneducated mind.

90 meters from a newish estate full of McMansions.
500metres from pizza.

Short drive to Southern Golf club or Capital golf club.

4 minutes drive (3km) from the nice little Dingley shopping centre. ( Some strip shops, not just a mall ). Decent coffee there. I work in the industrial part of Dingley, near Braeside , I'd go into Dingley if i wanted better coffee than McCafe.

To tell the truth, i avoid the Moorabbin area like the plague.
Moorabbin is an exciting town of flashing lights, ....red amber and green.

If we give up pick 24 for anything lower we deserve to be criticised. Poor recruitment. JM will not be part of our next tilt at a flag, he’s a midfield filler with experience.
Disagree. Kennedy is a filler. Macrae is the type we need, experienced but not old, leadership traits, multiple AA premiership player and an extractor/feeder to our faster mids.

Presumably they will have their own in-house cafe and catering. Otherwise it will Uber eats all the way.

The venue is located in the middle of nothing. On a disused tip.

Probably better coffee closer than RSEA.
There are "disused tips " all over Melbourne. Most have houses built on them.

Its not like there is anything but houses around Waverly Park. All of Moorabbin , Dingley, and Waverly are far more civilized than what the Demons have out in Casey. ( Drive from the G to Waverly, then keep driving just as far again ).

Every couple of days is he going to crop up with the same baseless incendiary garbage? Presenting themselves as rational and respectful lol

Can we stop fueling this mouth breather by responding cos that’s all he wants.

You just described about 80% of us all, I have no idea who you're talking out.

season 2 episode 21 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

He’s contracted for 3 years,

Yes we know that your club stuffed up with a long-term deal for a player that Bevo does not want.

What this means is the Dogs have to:
  • pay huge $$$ for a fringe player, which is just stupid.
  • pay part of his salary to get a better pick for him from another club
  • OR have another club swallow his expensive salary and only get a token pick for him.
No club will take Macrae, take over that contract AND pay a high draft pick for him.

What the Dogs really should do though is pay out Bevo, who is holding your list back, and then you can keep Macrae and have a much better chance of winning flag.

It will be very interesting to see which of the fringe mids are able to stake a claim in the regular team with Jake McCroy immediately becoming a starting onballer.

Steele and Pou are definites. Windy, Clark, Dow, Jones and Garcia probably competing for two spots (potentially along with a couple of top 10 draft picks).

Dow is up against it considering he's probably the only one-position player in the mix. I also don't see the point in pursuing any other mid GOPs like Kennedy.

Then if Crouch makes it back it would be even more interesting.
Jones is a winger now with the occasional centre bounce. He is pure depth for the wing and mid positions and won't be in our best 22 especially given his age

I think Garcia will play maybe 8-12 games next year as he continues to develop his midfield craft. I think we'll try to set him up so when he cracks the team, he stays in the team, however long it takes. Will try to avoid repeatedly bringing him in then dropping him

Steele Crae Pou Windy Clark sounds like a solid rotation but maybe a tad slow?

If we give up pick 24 for anything lower we deserve to be criticised. Poor recruitment. JM will not be part of our next tilt at a flag, he’s a midfield filler with experience.
I still can’t get past the so called need for experience. I understand our midfield is poor, but Macrae helps a little bit, costs a draft pick, stacks of cash, and will be gone in 2 years I’d think. Steele, Jones, Clark, Dow, Windy in his 4th, Pou ready to go, surrounded by experience everywhere like Marshall, Hill, Wood, Sinclair, Garcia looking for time and two young mids.

Seems to be such desperation just to eke out a slightly better team. We need to find as much young talent not piss it away on short term fixes. These picks will be closer to our first and second when Tassie come in. Either go all in on someone or friggen utiiise the load of experience we already have.

Probably better coffee closer than RSEA.
There are "disused tips " all over Melbourne. Most have houses built on them.

Its not like there is anything but houses around Waverly Park. All of Moorabbin , Dingley, and Waverly are far more civilized than what the Demons have out in Casey. ( Drive from the G to Waverly, then keep driving just as far again ).

You wrote that it’s a 3km drive from amenities, short drive to golf courses and other things.

That is exactly the problem. In metropolitan Melbourne, wherever you are, if you get in the car and get to anywhere you want to go to within 5 minutes.

The point is the place is not convenient by foot or travel without a car. Even for food amenities. It’s away from the community.

As for Moorabbin, everything is convenient by foot. Food, beverages, supermarkets, trains, buses, shops. The lot. It’s in the middle of a residential and industrial hub. Magnificent location. And the coffee there is very good.

Same with Waverley Park. Everything is there. In the middle of a hub.

That’s why Seaford was a flop. It wasn’t convenient for anyone. Sure, you could get in the car and drive 5 minutes to get anything you want. But that didn’t help the place. If you have to get in the car and drive 5 minutes to get anywhere then the place is isolated.

This will become apparent with Dingley. But let Hawthorn spend tens of millions on the place.

As for Casey Fields, Melbourne are looking to relocate to Caulfield Racecourse ASAP. Build new administration and football facilities there, including two new football ovals. Peter Ryan wrote a big article about it 4 days ago.

Casey Fields hasn’t worked for them. Same reasons why Seaford didn’t work for us.

[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Captain Paddy" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]k for three years in the VFL is good list management

Macrae is no longer best at the Bulldogs. That is the reality.

Effectively a salary dump, regardless of the state of their cap.

He could still be very good for us, but that doesn’t change his situation at the Bulldogs.

I still can’t get past the so called need for experience. I understand our midfield is poor, but Macrae helps a little bit, costs a draft pick, stacks of cash, and will be gone in 2 years I’d think. Steele, Jones, Clark, Dow, Windy in his 4th, Pou ready to go, surrounded by experience everywhere like Marshall, Hill, Wood, Sinclair, Garcia looking for time and two young mids.

Seems to be such desperation just to eke out a slightly better team. We need to find as much young talent not piss it away on short term fixes. These picks will be closer to our first and second when Tassie come in. Either go all in on someone or friggen utiiise the load of experience we already have.
Only one of those guys has premiership experience and experience in a genuine winning culture. The other guys are just good players who can teach craft, but they can't teach winning culture because they themselves have never experienced it

Additionally, Steele as the only midfield leader with Crouch and Ross departing is nowhere near enough. Everyone complains about his drop in form correlating with captaincy and too much responsibility yet they're ok with him being the sole mentor for 6-8 young mids - impossible for him to focus on his own game

It's not "desperation just to eke out a slightly better team", it's finding adequate leadership WHILE also being able to field a better team. If you don't want Macrae then you're gonna get someone like Travis Boak or Callan Ward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every couple of days is he going to crop up with the same baseless incendiary garbage? Presenting themselves as rational and respectful lol

Can we stop fueling this mouth breather by responding cos that’s all he wants.
Someone needs to tell the Pencil case to zip it!

Macrae is no longer best at the Bulldogs. That is the reality.

Effectively a salary dump, regardless of the state of their cap.

He could still be very good for us, but that doesn’t change his situation at the Bulldogs.
Like most of our Bulldog visitors here, my family, all Bulldog supporters said to me they all like Steel Mac Lobster and wish him well.
3 time AA, premiership player, they acknowledge his contribution.
Hope we can do the same for our players in future.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wrote that it’s a 3km drive from amenities, short drive to golf courses and other things.

That is exactly the problem. In metropolitan Melbourne, wherever you are, if you get in the car and get to anywhere you want to go to within 5 minutes.

The point is the place is not convenient by foot or travel without a car. Even for food amenities. It’s away from the community.

As for Moorabbin, everything is convenient by foot. Food, beverages, supermarkets, trains, buses, shops. The lot. It’s in the middle of a residential and industrial hub. Magnificent location. And the coffee there is very good.

Same with Waverley Park. Everything is there. In the middle of a hub.

That’s why Seaford was a flop. It wasn’t convenient for anyone. Sure, you could get in the car and drive 5 minutes to get anything you want. But that didn’t help the place. If you have to get in the car and drive 5 minutes to get anywhere then the place is isolated.

This will become apparent with Dingley. But let Hawthorn spend tens of millions on the place.

As for Casey Fields, Melbourne are looking to relocate to Caulfield Racecourse ASAP. Build new administration and football facilities there, including two new football ovals. Peter Ryan wrote a big article about it 4 days ago.

Casey Fields hasn’t worked for them. Same reasons why Seaford didn’t work for us.

Yeah sure, Waverly park is in walking distance to stuff.
You mean that fake shopping center in the remnant of the stadium. LOL.

There is a lot of land at the Hawks new place, and the council wants much of it to be shared with the community, so they may well build a cafe or something there, which is pretty much all they have at Waverly.

Heading into some pretty mysoginistic areas there.

The whole narrative of the move was that Mitchell's wife got involved. So it sounded a bit like she schmoozed up to Battles partner and convinced her. It really seemed like Josh didn't want to go so badly. That's why there was the talk of daycare.

Only one of those guys has premiership experience and experience in a genuine winning culture. The other guys are just good players who can teach craft, but they can't teach winning culture because they themselves have never experienced it

Additionally, Steele as the only midfield leader with Crouch and Ross departing is nowhere near enough. Everyone complains about his drop in form correlating with captaincy and too much responsibility yet they're ok with him being the sole mentor for 6-8 young mids - impossible for him to focus on his own game

It's not "desperation just to eke out a slightly better team", it's finding adequate leadership WHILE also being able to field a better team. If you don't want Macrae then you're gonna get someone like Travis Boak or Callan Ward
Might be best for Steele to give up the captaincy, concentrate on his game over the next year or two, and mentoring the younger guys?

He’s contracted for 3 years, so unlikely.
But you’re not playing him.
It’s clear Bevo doesn’t want him.
We’ll take him and his contract off your hands. Don’t expect too much else….no matter what those “experts” on the midweek tackle have to say.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back