List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be best for Steele to give up the captaincy, concentrate on his game over the next year or two, and mentoring the younger guys?
Ive always thought Wilkie should be captain but idk the intricate details of each player's character and their fit to be a captain

I just want Steele to get back to his best and be a standout leader like the way Bont Cripps Pendles have always been

The whole narrative of the move was that Mitchell's wife got involved. So it sounded a bit like she schmoozed up to Battles partner and convinced her. It really seemed like Josh didn't want to go so badly. That's why there was the talk of daycare.

The Hawks going to partners of players to strongarm a position change, now where have I heard that before... ...

Disagree. Kennedy is a filler. Macrae is the type we need, experienced but not old, leadership traits, multiple AA premiership player and an extractor/feeder to our faster mids.
Don’t really care one way or another about Kennedy he’s depth. Macca isn’t in their best 22 currently and isn’t going. Will be good for a couple of years while the young mids develop but when we are in contention he’ll in all likelihood not be there.

I still can’t get past the so called need for experience. I understand our midfield is poor, but Macrae helps a little bit, costs a draft pick, stacks of cash, and will be gone in 2 years I’d think. Steele, Jones, Clark, Dow, Windy in his 4th, Pou ready to go, surrounded by experience everywhere like Marshall, Hill, Wood, Sinclair, Garcia looking for time and two young mids.

Seems to be such desperation just to eke out a slightly better team. We need to find as much young talent not piss it away on short term fixes. These picks will be closer to our first and second when Tassie come in. Either go all in on someone or friggen utiiise the load of experience we already have.
That’s why I don’t want to spend much on him. F3 for mine. Not this years 3rd. He’ll replace Crouch while young mids develop. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Disagree. Kennedy is a filler. Macrae is the type we need, experienced but not old, leadership traits, multiple AA premiership player and an extractor/feeder to our faster mids.
Harmes getting selected ahead of Macrae was an atrocious call by Beveridge.

I’m pretty sure if you go back through the last 10 years of grand final matches there will be a decent spread of 32+ year old A Graders in significant roles.

If Jack can stay healthy, do the work in the off season then he will be well capable of being a part of our next tilt.

On a bog average day I’d say he probably capable of impacting a game in the same way that Zak Jones did towards the end of the season.

On a good day Jack is capable of swinging the game in our favour.

If we give up pick 24 for anything lower we deserve to be criticised. Poor recruitment. JM will not be part of our next tilt at a flag, he’s a midfield filler with experience.

Macrae will be a third rounder, but I don’t agree with an assumption that he won’t be part of our next flag tilt.

This year has given me great heart. I don’t think we are as far away from a Flag as we think.

The competition is so even that any team in the top 12-13 could bob up in any given year and snatch the silverware.

Good form, momentum, luck with injuries and a good fixture, can all coalesce to make the impossible become reality. Even for the Saints.

GWS will be spewing. Had both Sydney and Brisbane on toast. Done to a frazzle, and threw both games away. They should be in the GF and favourites.

After 7 matches Brisbane were 2-5 and on the ropes. In an even season they found a way back.

Sydney fell into 8th last year and dominated for much of this year. Now in a GF.

We must keep drafting well, developing well and play the game style that over the last 6 weeks made us the most efficient inside 50 team in the comp.

But it’s not impossible that we could surge up the ladder in an even competition. And if this happens we then have a live ticket in the lottery.

Macrae will be a third rounder, but I don’t agree with an assumption that he won’t be part of our next flag tilt.

This year has given me great heart. I don’t think we are as far away from a Flag as we think.

The competition is so even that any team in the top 12-13 could bob up in any given year and snatch the silverware.

Good form, momentum, luck with injuries and a good fixture, can all coalesce to make the impossible become reality. Even for the Saints.

GWS will be spewing. Had both Sydney and Brisbane on toast. Done to a frazzle, and threw both games away. They should be in the GF and favourites.

After 7 matches Brisbane were 2-5 and on the ropes. In an even season they found a way back.

Sydney fell into 8th last year and dominated for much of this year. Now in a GF.

We must keep drafting well, developing well and play the game style that over the last 6 weeks made us the most efficient inside 50 team in the comp.

But it’s not impossible that we could surge up the ladder in an even competition. And if this happens we then have a live ticket in the lottery.
Maybe

First off. Very, very, long term lurker. Have never really felt the need to make a post. But the time has come.

I’ve always been amazed that people invest so much time on football forums, supporting their teams and making commentary on trades, without bothering to at least spend a tiny bit of time understanding list management.

For old mate pencil case to come on here and suggest an early round 2nd pick will be used for jack, is absolutely brain dead stuff. A 30yo, on $2M for the next 3 years, who isn’t in the dogs best 22 (he should be, IMO, but Bevo is Bevo), but the dogs don’t need to clear his salary from the cap?

Forget about the heap of guns coming out of contract in the next 24 months. Don’t worry about them. We will pay Jack $2M over 3 to play in the 2s. Caleb Daniel? That’s fine. We will do the same.

Seriously. If the Saints offer pick 43 this year for him, the dogs should snap our hand off. Personally, I reckon it’s a swap of token picks. But would not begrudge 43 as his value to the saints is much higher than it is to the dogs. Anyway, thanks for reading. I might go back to lurking.

First off. Very, very, long term lurker. Have never really felt the need to make a post. But the time has come.

I’ve always been amazed that people invest so much time on football forums, supporting their teams and making commentary on trades, without bothering to at least spend a tiny bit of time understanding list management.

For old mate pencil case to come on here and suggest an early round 2nd pick will be used for jack, is absolutely brain dead stuff. A 30yo, on $2M for the next 3 years, who isn’t in the dogs best 22 (he should be, IMO, but Bevo is Bevo), but the dogs don’t need to clear his salary from the cap?

Forget about the heap of guns coming out of contract in the next 24 months. Don’t worry about them. We will pay Jack $2M over 3 to play in the 2s. Caleb Daniel? That’s fine. We will do the same.

Seriously. If the Saints offer pick 43 this year for him, the dogs should snap our hand off. Personally, I reckon it’s a swap of token picks. But would not begrudge 43 as his value to the saints is much higher than it is to the dogs. Anyway, thanks for reading. I might go back to lurking.
Good first post, congratulations .

Great to have you here tassiesaint2024 from a fellow Tasmanian who supports the Saints.

Your post has substance - keep doing so!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ask yourself, if you had the choice to recruit one of

Mac Lobster
Harmes

Who would you go for?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
One could be great.

One could stay great.

Big difference.

I wouldn’t take Harmes even if his name was lobster sauce.

The funniest thing is that it's been reported that the Bulldogs DON'T want to pay ANY of Macrae's salary if he leaves, so clearly there is an issue with the salary cap

The funniest thing is that it's been reported that the Bulldogs DON'T want to pay ANY of Macrae's salary if he leaves, so clearly there is an issue with the salary cap
I get that attitude, I'm not a fan of paying players to play against us. Reminds me of

Can't see us going up the ladder with that lot unless Pou, Windy and Garcia step up to the next level of development. Steele, Clark, Dow Jones, are probably as good as they will ever get, though Macrae will add some class. It will be a fight for senior midfield positions, so I hope they all have their bodies right by the next preseason.

Clark has a lot more in him, I don’t think we have even seen the best of him yet.

I hope this becomes the default name he is called on this board.
Agreed.

From this day fortheth. The former scoundrel Jacques MacKreigh, shall be known to all as Steel-Mac-Lobster

Ser Heath Ledger GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Mate, they’re giving Battle free daycare for the little one.
Battle is yet to find out that this means, that his little one will be tied on a short lead, in a windowless, sound proof room, with 10 other little hawk infants. Free childcare out at the tip. But there will be a coffee machine for the parents and carers.

best first post ive seen ever.

you now need to not be a lurker haha

Battle is yet to find out that this means, that his little one will be tied on a short lead, in a windowless, sound proof room, with 10 other little hawk infants. Free childcare out at the tip. But there will be a coffee machine for the parents and carers.
Not that it’ll get used. The Misso will be down Chapel St for bottomless brunch and mimosas

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back