List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae will be a third rounder, but I don’t agree with an assumption that he won’t be part of our next flag tilt.

This year has given me great heart. I don’t think we are as far away from a Flag as we think.

The competition is so even that any team in the top 12-13 could bob up in any given year and snatch the silverware.

Good form, momentum, luck with injuries and a good fixture, can all coalesce to make the impossible become reality. Even for the Saints.

GWS will be spewing. Had both Sydney and Brisbane on toast. Done to a frazzle, and threw both games away. They should be in the GF and favourites.

After 7 matches Brisbane were 2-5 and on the ropes. In an even season they found a way back.

Sydney fell into 8th last year and dominated for much of this year. Now in a GF.

We must keep drafting well, developing well and play the game style that over the last 6 weeks made us the most efficient inside 50 team in the comp.

But it’s not impossible that we could surge up the ladder in an even competition. And if this happens we then have a live ticket in the lottery.
Sydney and Brisbane always play finals and both have played in grand finals recently, let’s not act like they both came out of nowhere. The comp looks like it’s finally evening out though (a different premier every year for the last 5 years) which makes it even more frustrating that we can’t get our shit together. I wish I saw it like you but ever year I look at the teams in the finals and think we’re miles off that sort of footy TBH.

Clark has a lot more in him, I don’t think we have even seen the best of him yet.
Clark has never been settled due to injury and therefore has never gained the confidence.
If he has turned the corner with his constant injuries he could easily become a far better player than what we have seen , getting his confidence will get him taking the game on and really being a threat to teams.

Clarke did a good job as an inside mid. No coincidence when he found form and fitness we performed a lot better as a midfield. Clarke on a second watch each week did a lot of nitty gritty stuff in tight. 2025 if he stays healthy, and being a contract year should be a huge year for him. I think he’s capable of becoming an A grader. Just needs an uninterrupted season to prove it.
I agree 100% looks to have put on weight so can covert this to muscle. He is a very good in close with feet annd hands and Makkraae will work in tandem with him, hopefully can teach him a bit as well. I just don’t get the Clarke knockers

24 will 100% be involved - midweek tackle think so as it’s not a salary dump and Dogs would rather keep him. It’s about what comes back that is the question.
The fact that half wits such as Jay Clark and Jon Ralph are on the midweek tackle I wouldn’t worry too much about what they spurt.

24 will 100% be involved - midweek tackle think so as it’s not a salary dump and Dogs would rather keep him. It’s about what comes back that is the question.
Wouldn't go relying on the idiots in the media to support your position.
FWIW, l think if push came to shove a player who's not in future plans will be facilitated out of respect. Clubs don't hold guy against their will very often and SML has paid his dues.

Last edited:
Only one of those guys has premiership experience and experience in a genuine winning culture. The other guys are just good players who can teach craft, but they can't teach winning culture because they themselves have never experienced it

Additionally, Steele as the only midfield leader with Crouch and Ross departing is nowhere near enough. Everyone complains about his drop in form correlating with captaincy and too much responsibility yet they're ok with him being the sole mentor for 6-8 young mids - impossible for him to focus on his own game

It's not "desperation just to eke out a slightly better team", it's finding adequate leadership WHILE also being able to field a better team. If you don't want Macrae then you're gonna get someone like Travis Boak or Callan Ward
Oh no, how will we cope. I’d rather Ross or Boak and that pick. Who said Macrae is a teacher? Is he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we stop with this bs commentary about Battle’s partner?

I’m annoyed he’s gone too but making these misogynistic comments is neither funny nor changes anything. Move on. Do better.
How is this comment hateful towards women?
Asking for a lady friend..

I’m annoyed he’s gone too but making these misogynistic comments is neither funny nor changes anything. Move on. Do better.
Misogynistic and do better in the same post. Surely we are not using this forum as a clout grab now are we. For god sake

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Misogynistic??

Dear lord, save us from the pearl-clutching lefties.....

Any utterance whispered about a female is automatically misogynistic.......

You know what, go back to using the word sexist........at least you were linguistically correct then, even if you were factually wrong.

Telling people what to think and how to behave has historically not worked out very well for anyone.
Lighten up.
music video crying GIF

Last edited:

Right on.

I don't blame her

I blame Josh

So much so that I hope that when his partner is out brunching with Mrs Mitchell a mouse crawls into her handbag and starts chewing on Josh's testicles.

The whole narrative of the move was that Mitchell's wife got involved. So it sounded a bit like she schmoozed up to Battles partner and convinced her. It really seemed like Josh didn't want to go so badly. That's why there was the talk of daycare.
If that’s the way the game is going (and let’s be honest, private industry is going this way) then best we organise something similar for moorabbin.

Families are unit now and decisions are made as a family, adapt or die.

Jones is a winger now with the occasional centre bounce. He is pure depth for the wing and mid positions and won't be in our best 22 especially given his age

I think Garcia will play maybe 8-12 games next year as he continues to develop his midfield craft. I think we'll try to set him up so when he cracks the team, he stays in the team, however long it takes. Will try to avoid repeatedly bringing him in then dropping him

Steele Crae Pou Windy Clark sounds like a solid rotation but maybe a tad slow?

That's why I think Dow, Jones and Garcia have more of a chance than you're suggesting. Outside of Windy there's zero breakaway pace in the mid group that you've named, and he has largely switched to a defensive role over the last two seasons.

It remains to be seen if he still has it in him, but breakaway pace from stoppage was the reason for Dow going at pick 3 in the draft. Despite playing mostly wing, Jones was fourth for us in total centre clearances from Rd 18 onwards. Garcia is a tough one to read - he could have some second year blues or he could put on size and build confidence in the off season and cement himself in our mid rotation. I suspect we'll have at least one of those three on the team at any given time in 2025 unless we draft some readymade gun/s with our first rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back