List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Damian Barrett is a regular at a Thai rub and tug in the city, doesn’t surprise me to be honest he looks like a lizard that’s had a stroke
One would think he’d had enough practise he’d be expertly skilled enough to do his own work.

Considering we just loss Battle Gained pick 8.

Have to get deals done for Soldo & Macrae

Have things happening with Membrey.

Have an additional list spot available without a hard link currently.

I’d say it positions us to be pretty big players in the next 2 weeks.

So yeah plenty to say
I’m not going to care too much for trade period as long as we don’t cough up too much for those fillers. But what’s actually important is your tomato sauces on who we like in the draft 😄

Taking less money to play in that jumper - why wouldn’t he be sad?

Look, sorry to see one of ours who we drafted and developed go, but that’s life and he’s just another player now.

Hoping like hell Hawks crash and burn next season with a harder draw and possibly more injuries than this year. They’re just not a likeable club.
Were you born with hate syndrome?

I’m bored. Hypothetical

Let’s trade p7 for essendons 9+F2 (threaten to bid on Kako)

Let’s trade 8+9 for the Eagles 3+14

Trade 3 for Adelaide’s p4+crows F2
(threaten to take Draper)

Trade our F1+Crows F2 for Freos P11.
(Help them with Warner Next year)

Acquired: 4+11+14+Dons F2

🤓

4: Jagga Smith
11: Travaglia
14: Lindsay
25: Dodson
+ Peckett + Cole
I'd offer 8 and 26 to Freo for 10 and 18.

7, 10 and 18 would give us a run at some really good options......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd offer 8 and 26 to Freo for 10 and 18.

7, 10 and 18 would give us a run at some really good options......
What is apparent is we have some terrific options.

Worse case is we keep 7 and 8. Maybe some live trading on draft night.

I’m not sure who I want in the draft any more. Excellent spread, but generally a question mark on each. Would love the F1 brought in and to cash in on some live trading with desperate clubs.

But Travaglia has a hell of a lot going for him. Funnily enough given the said likeness to Day, he is a current day Hawks type (eeew right). Bit of kamikaze running through the mids, not quite sure what’s going to happen, but the dare and competitiveness wins out more than not… or something like that.

Josh Jenkins is Braindead.

This is just because Ashcroft and it doesn't happen often a top player goes to a finals club.
FMD
Ashcroft the Norm Smith Medallist
Daicos's finals team
Darcy and JUH finals team
Camporeales - final team
Heeney, Mills, Gulden - Finals team

Is he mentally ******ed?

Seriously, I think a few have already said it, but Battle and Hawthorn have just saved us from ourselves. 900k a year a for a very good 3rd tall defender. He's playing alongside Wilkie who barely ever loses a 1-on-1 and would usually take the best medium-sized or tall forward, (outside of a genuine Tom Hawkins style gorilla, who would go to Dougal) and has looked good the last 2 years. He's not Wilkie, he's not Sinclair, he's not King, he's not Marshall, he's not Steele, he's not Nas, Owens, Pou, Wilson or another young talent with huge potential.

He's a good player who we drafted at pick 39, took a few years to develop, then we got 3 or 4 years of okay service out of and probably 2 years of good - very good football out of lately. Now he's gone and we have pick 8 in return. If we traded our pick 39 for a future 1st round pick to another club and it turned out to be 8 we'd all be stoked. Now the dust has settled this is honestly a best case scenario for us. Kept our best couple of players and kids, now we're primed to land 2 top 10 picks in a midfield heavy quality 1st round draft, or could try and trade for immediate reward.

Either way, we now get a crack at some quality young mids. I would honestly rather just take 7 and 8 to the draft, but if some club desperately needs us to get involved in a trade to get them a deal then that's the only way we should look to get involved.

Jack Macrae -> Pick ~43

Ivan Soldo -> Future 2nd round pick with some token pick coming back

Adam Tomlinson -> freebie, a better depth/fringe defender than King Cordy (apologies King Cordy lovers)

Tim Mimbrey -> good will kind of scenario, happy to see Tim move on to a cushy final contract, makes way for Marshall up forward more regularly

Pick 7 -> Lalor/Smillie/Draper/Reid/Langford

Pick 8 -> Lalor/Smillie/Draper/Reid/Langford

Pick ~27 & future 3rd -> try and upgrade to the late teens early 20's (17-21) and grab Hotton (pipe dream scenario?)

That's a pretty realistic trade and draft period from here. Would see our midfield looking a lot more competitive.

Gday guys, I come in peace etc

Now that you guys have 7+8, do you guys think 3+14 for 7+8 would be appealing at all?
I understand you guys need mids and probably a young KPP? 3 gets you a top mid, 14 gets you a KPP somewhere around there
Every single time I'd do that deal.

3. Smith / Lalor / O'Sullivan
14. Berry / Hynes / Hotton

Id be thrilled with any combination of the above but bolded is my ideal scenario. Does seem like Lalor will land at Richmond given he's already been considered for 1 and how easily they can move up to 2 as well.

Would be surprised if we went for a tall at 14 but plenty worthy around the mark in Trainor, Faull, Shanahan, Whitlocks, Sims.

I’m not sure who I want in the draft any more. Excellent spread, but generally a question mark on each. Would love the F1 brought in and to cash in on some live trading with desperate clubs.

But Travaglia has a hell of a lot going for him. Funnily enough given the said likeness to Day, he is a current day Hawks type (eeew right). Bit of kamikaze running through the mids, not quite sure what’s going to happen, but the dare and competitiveness wins out more than not… or something like that.
I think after most of the trading has gone through, the potential will be there to trade a future first to Richmond for something very worth our while this year. No matter what people say, they will want to push a couple of picks back into next year and spread them out just a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back