List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, I've figured it out.... maybe...

F1 and 27 for 9 & F2. Leaves us with 7, 8, 9.

Freo trade 11 to Melbourne for F1.

Melbourne trade 5 & 11 for 8 & 9

Leaves us with 5, 7, 11.

Im done, prefer that to 7, 8, 9 - just!

Then realise the trading addiction is real, so draft night, live trade 11 & F2 for 15 & 16.

5, 7, 15 & 16. So who are we taking at those picks?
If we are getting pick 9 it would be for 27 and the future 1st. No way Essendon would throw a F2 back our way. There is a premium on the high picks this year, in fact I doubt Essendon would even do the F1 and 27 for 9.

Pretty much this.

North would love to trade down unless we thought FOS was a chance at generational and available through injury like wardlaw.

I was going to ask this board, what would you be willing to pay for north’s F1?

Would you do it for pick 9 and your second?

Also, im not saying this to start a fight or whatever, but the number of posts on LDU like it’s just a matter of when is astounding. Aside from the small matter of him categorically saying he’s staying at north, he will be the no 1 target of every Melbourne club. Ain’t happening sainters.

Players say whatever they need to at the time. They all say they are happy and staying....until they don't.

I think I’ve got my head around the Essendon NGA stuff that stavro#4 is trying to teach all you morons here.
We trade 7&8 for 9 and Essendon then trade 7 for our future first plus a future second coming back from Essendon then we on trade our second and Essendons second for pick 7 and then bid on Kokomo to force Essendons hand into a pistol duel at sunrise.

Ok, I've figured it out.... maybe...

F1 and 27 for 9 & F2. Leaves us with 7, 8, 9.

Freo trade 11 to Melbourne for F1.

Melbourne trade 5 & 11 for 8 & 9

Leaves us with 5, 7, 11.

Im done, prefer that to 7, 8, 9 - just!

Then realise the trading addiction is real, so draft night, live trade 11 & F2 for 15 & 16.

5, 7, 15 & 16. So who are we taking at those picks?
Why would Melbourne drop 3 spots from 5 to 8 just to climb 2 spots from 11 to 9? Thats wildly unreasonable

I think I’ve got my head around the Essendon NGA stuff that stavro#4 is trying to teach all you morons here.
We trade 7&8 for 9 and Essendon then trade 7 for our future first plus a future second coming back from Essendon then we on trade our second and Essendons second for pick 7 and then bid on Kokomo to force Essendons hand into a pistol duel at sunrise.
Nailed it.

Am I alone in thinking Battle would net a pick in the teens in a straight trade anyway? Just turned 26, key position which always cost more, top 3 in a bnf in one of the better backlines in the comp. That's always going to net a good pick in return.

Ratugolea was traded for pick 25 with minimal exposed form. We also small types like Baker and Noble being talked about being traded for picks in the teens this year. Why are people acting like a first rounder for Battle is the most obscene thing they've ever seen?

Easily. Find another one cheaper.

For a second I thought you were being genuinely serious

I was like how tf did this guy escape the tomb

Focus on 'finals' was an interesting comment... it's a shame if he re-signs now, I had a hunch that Brayshaw was the most gettable of the free agents for us.

It's why I find talk about being into players so far out from when they are actually available frustrating and it pretty much never comes to fruition.

I'd prefer LDU anyway, he's got a bit more off a dynamic game. Brayshaw is like another Jack Steele, very good player at his best but LDU in a better side I reckon turns into a beast.....well he already is so more of a beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer LDU anyway, he's got a bit more off a dynamic game. Brayshaw is like another Jack Steele, very good player at his best but LDU in a better side I reckon turns into a beast.....well he already is so more of a beast.
I reckon we could end up with Balta and Rayner.

In all seriousness Kako and Lombard would be a win. Both look great.
We need mids, not small forwards. Lombards testing to go along with his displayed form is outstanding so yes you’d be happy with him and a big mid.

Lombard’s dad was a cage fighter, for those who follow it you might remember hector lombard.

Because the senior player fire sale has been proven to not work on multiple occasions. As for our aging stars, who is to say that getting players in 1 year earlier would make a difference to their timeline.

Our optimistic window would be 2026-2028.

Bringing in a good player this year might slightly increase our chances for 2026-2027, but a top 5 pick next year instead could improve our chances for 2028 more so.

I'm not 100% against trading for pick 9, but it's not something we absolutely have to do.

When it comes to trading future first I think it's prudent to always rate your own picks as a worst case scenario value and value opposition clubs picks as their best case scenario.

I would want SOS and co only making a trade if they think it would be good value with next year's first being a very high pick.
In 2023 we played a final despite mass injuries.
In 2024 we finished 12th despite mass injuries.
What makes you think we'd finish 14th or worse next year? That's overly pessimistic.

We need mids, not small forwards. Lombards testing to go along with his displayed form is outstanding so yes you’d be happy with him and a big mid.

Lombard’s dad was a cage fighter, for those who follow it you might remember hector lombard.
Lombard looks like a very dynamic midfielder. His dad was a mad man.

North will end up with #6 + ? (14 from the Baker deal?)

Richmond end up with #1 + #2 and take FOS + Lalor.

North take Tauru at 6.

I wish we'd had a chance at Tauru, sounds like he tested elite. The best big blonde viking outside Man City. Hopefully Smilie isn't and I called it wrong.

Fair enough mate.

I thought he looked a ripping talent.
I liked him a lot, he’s very clever and he impressed me with his quick hands and goal assists. It’s simply at pick 4 well 5 after GC matched I’d have been looking elsewhere. They were also very well off for smalls and had Ginnivan fall into their laps, gutsy call.

We need mids so yeah I’d be annoyed if we picked up kayo, still have collard yet to hit his stride sitting at sandy.

Hope we take Smillie and Reid just to annoy gringo2011 🥹
Our letters back and forth have been lacking in spice recently and this could be the fire he needs

I love Reid. Reid, Smith and Langford are my boys. I rate Smilie too, just have a lot more questions around him. If I'm choosing he's not on top of my list. It's so even this year you could throw a blanket over about 15 of them and pull out a good player. Hopefully Dalrymple is on to it. It's going to be attitude and interviews that are going to sort the wheat from the chaff. Lalor is the one I'm much less into than most. Not vibing on him last all.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back