List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like this Giants squad could have some bargain buys if we go after the right players:

Madden could be a solid ruck option depending on how he progresses through this season. Derksen as a key defender at 194cm could be handy. Angwin as a wingman (although we probably don't need those types of players atm)
View attachment 1971569
A veritable treasure trove just waiting to be raided, akaifu!

Caroline Wilson saying the Northern Clubs only get these great Academy picks once every few years ...... fk off you dumb cow

And its Dalrymple ...... not Davenport ..... you stupid cluck

Fk me that show operates on half a brain cell
How fck pedestrian is she?
She knows F’All about our club
And boo friggin hoo …some northern clubs upset …spare me you dribble

I thought Jackson Mead for Port Did some nice things when he came on the other night. He is the 6th banana in a stacked midfield behind JHF, Rozee, Butters, Sam PP, Oli Wines and Boak (who surely retires this year)

Mead is still young enough to improve his game with some regular time in the midfield. Would surely be getting a regular game with us. Worth asking the question?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought Jackson Mead for Port Did some nice things when he came on the other night. He is the 6th banana in a stacked midfield behind JHF, Rozee, Butters, Sam PP, Oli Wines and Boak (who surely retires this year)

Mead is still young enough to improve his game with some regular time in the midfield. Would surely be getting a regular game with us. Worth asking the question?

I didn't notice him. His numbers look really low, what position does he play when not rolling through the middle? I liked Riley Garcia from the Dogs. His VFL form was elite before going up into the seniors.

Never. Ever. Trade. With. Port. Adelaide.

When it was a possibility of trading Clark to North he was apparently OK to go because he has a good friend there. Was that LDU?

If so, might that possibly work for us if he is sick of playing at a club permanently at the bottom of the ladder - could we tempt him to come to play with his friend at us?

Or am I delusional?

When it was a possibility of trading Clark to North he was apparently OK to go because he has a good friend there. Was that LDU?

If so, might that possibly work for us if he is sick of playing at a club permanently at the bottom of the ladder - could we tempt him to come to play with his friend at us?

Or am I delusional?
Anything and everything is possible

It’s not all doom and gloom IMO.
The kids we have are great and they’re getting mass games under their belts atm, a lot even got a taste of finals last year.

The reason we’re nowhere near a flag is we have limited talent in the 24-28 age range (prime of career). So it’s a waiting game really. Probably 2-3 years off - not such a bad thing because we can hit the draft hard with decent picks right up until Tassie Hijack the draft.
Because of this - I would trade anyone older than Max King for picks if someone came with a decent offer, and I’d not spend our war chest on anyone older than 24.
Have faith in Ross too, remember last time he joined the Saints we were horrible for a season or two before he got all the ducks in line - that ‘ugly game’ against hawthorn comes to mind.
Have faith and patience, we’ve already waited lifetimes so what’s another couple of years.

Will Howard stay or go? He was trade bait last year until he said I am playing last year of that juicy contract at St Kilda.
I’m far from a Dougal fan but chances are he’ll be resigned, all be it on a much lesser wage!
Honestly doubt there’d be interested clubs out there for a guy that struggles one on one plus has brain fades!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would people consider trading Row this year? Many teams win premierships without a dominant ruckman (most are recycled from other clubs eg. Stanley, Cameron, Nankervis) and I reckon if we offer Marshall and a 2nd rounder to the Suns, they'd be willing to give us picks 8 & 10 and Ned Moyle. Then, for a late pick, we can also go out and try get this year's version of Soldo/Sweet who are doing very well at Port Adelaide.

In the draft, we would have picks 8, 10 and our own first (around 10 too?) which means we are in prime position to target any sliding top-echelon mids with pick 8 - maybe Sid Draper or Jagga Smith. Pick 10 should be another forward half player (Christian Moraes?) and our own pick would be for any needs come end of season (ruck, key defender, small forward?). Then one of our later picks for Adrian Cole

So essentially, we're getting Moyle, a top-end mid in an even draft at pick 8, then another two top talent at in the top 15 for Marshall and a 2nd rounder.

Would people consider trading Row this year? Many teams win premierships without a dominant ruckman (most are recycled from other clubs eg. Stanley, Cameron, Nankervis) and I reckon if we offer Marshall and a 2nd rounder to the Suns, they'd be willing to give us picks 8 & 10 and Ned Moyle. Then, for a late pick, we can also go out and try get this year's version of Soldo/Sweet who are doing very well at Port Adelaide.

In the draft, we would have picks 8, 10 and our own first (around 10 too?) which means we are in prime position to target any sliding top-echelon mids with pick 8 - maybe Sid Draper or Jagga Smith. Pick 10 should be another forward half player (Christian Moraes?) and our own pick would be for any needs come end of season (ruck, key defender, small forward?). Then one of our later picks for Adrian Cole

So essentially, we're getting Moyle, a top-end mid in an even draft at pick 8, then another two top talent at in the top 15 for Marshall and a 2nd rounder.

If you could get that deal maybe but you'd want to make sure it was majorly in our favour to let him walk.

Who are this year's versions of Soldo/Sweet?

Can't we just draft this year's version of Gary Ablett Jr?

Who are this year's versions of Soldo/Sweet?

Can't we just draft this year's version of Gary Ablett Jr?

We could have had Sweet last year. He was the best ruck in the state leagues. Bryan or Moyle is probably that now. Goober Crossley is the other one but pretty sure his papers are stamped now. He looks like a 50 year old grizzly bear with mange. Getting him up to AFL fitness standards would take a fair effort. He's a serious ruck forward but he'd need to lose 15 kgs.

The only time the "trade out your stars for very high draft picks" has worked is when the star is past their best. Marshall had a 16 clearance game 16 days ago.
Very dangerous ploy trading out a quality player and just as importantly quality person!
Ro’s in the leadership group for good reason…you build a team around him, not discard him

Disagree
Get him

Not interested in what is going on in Australia at the moment? A significant part of the club's membership are interested, and could possible vote with their feet.

He's a repeat offender and has never shown any indication of remorse or contrition. He will treat us the same as he had North Melbourne.

Only if the plan is to go full North, in which case let's chuck in Steele, Sinclair, Owens and NWM and be done with it. Won't win a game but we'll have 75 draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back