Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds positive. 7 days to go until our game. The week off before finals is a really good thing IMO. AFL really want all their drawcards out on the park and it's great for the clubs to be able to freshen up their players. No need to go too hard, just polish up the skills and freshen up the bodies.

Doc a sure thing for next week.
Moir has some speed to go with amazing skill. Wow.
No Cerra nor Martin, nor TDK - rule them out.
Harry šŸ’Ŗ
Charlie looked ok kicking for goal but didnā€™t do much.
McGovern went for one long sprint - seems that was his personal fitness test - will play. Same with Zaccy
I'm all for playing Moir next week.

Wouldnā€™t be ruling out TDK Cerra Martin just yet. Carlton arenā€™t naive and know that Brisbane track watchers will be there. Canā€™t reveal all the cards just yet, Iā€™m sure they were training full inside, have heard from a very good source they are all ready to go. Whether we risk them is another thingā€¦..

Doc a sure thing for next week.
Moir has some speed to go with amazing skill. Wow.
No Cerra nor Martin, nor TDK - rule them out.
Harry šŸ’Ŗ
Charlie looked ok kicking for goal but didnā€™t do much.
McGovern went for one long sprint - seems that was his personal fitness test - will play. Same with Zaccy

Firstly, thank you!

Tell us more about Doc please...

Also, please expand on Zac and Gov?

Moir has immense talent but not fit enough yet.

There was a moment in the last quarter against the saints where he needed to make a fairly routine second effort but was too cooked which allowed his opponent to take an uncontested mark.

That's a worry given he came on as a sub. Too risky to play him in a final.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doc, Gov, Zac, Charlie & Harry all will play in my opinion.

I donā€™t think Charlie is anywhere near 100% but suspect heā€™ll play regardless. He was wearing a brace today on that left ankle and they were fiddling around with it a bit.

Voss said yesterday that next weekā€™s mid-week session will be the ā€˜properā€™ hitout and where the likes of TDK, Cerra & Martin will be tested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldnā€™t be ruling out TDK Cerra Martin just yet. Carlton arenā€™t naive and know that Brisbane track watchers will be there. Canā€™t reveal all the cards just yet, Iā€™m sure they were training full inside, have heard from a very good source they are all ready to go. Whether we risk them is another thingā€¦..
This.

Sounds like Charlieā€™s injury isnā€™t ā€˜justā€™ an ankle. Might be he has been trying to manage it and will need to manage it through the finals. I guess it also might be, the longer we go, the more suspect his selection becomes. Not good.

Thank you for the tidbits everyone, if Doc is named on Thursday it would be incredible. Thereā€™s a lot of good signs pointing towards that being reality at the moment. As if that wonā€™t give the boys an absolute rev up if heā€™s out there, not to mention returning to the ground in which it happened in the first chapter of our season. Reads like itā€™s a written script.

As for Charlie, he should only play if he can provide 100%, the mobility of Kemp up forward has been a much needed variable and Charlie has been lacking even before he did the ankle in the warm up vs GWS. Iā€™d just want him to be honest and up front with the coaching group about what he feels like he will and can provide atm next Saturday night. ZW, Gov, Harry all will be super to have back if thatā€™s what we get, feel we get a couple more back than that though with another week on the track.

Sounds like Charlieā€™s injury isnā€™t ā€˜justā€™ an ankle. Might be he has been trying to manage it and will need to manage it through the finals. I guess it also might be, the longer we go, the more suspect his selection becomes. Not good.
Clearly syndesmosis/high ankle sprain. Takes 6-8 weeks if no surgery required. He rolled it again against Hawks. I fear we will be watching a half fit Curnow get out marked and not chasing.

Donā€™t play him.

Clearly syndesmosis/high ankle sprain. Takes 6-8 weeks if no surgery required. He rolled it again against Hawks. I fear we will be watching a half fit Curnow get out marked and not chasing.

Donā€™t play him.
I tend to agree but not every case is the same. Liba had the same injury and time out before the 2016 finals series and was instrumental in the bulldogs flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 Training - reports, pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back