Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't despise the idea of Frampton playing a defensive forward role on a creative aerial threat like May, a la Harris Andrews last year.

What I did despise was last week's idea of having Frampton play a defensive forward role on... well, nobody in particular... while a 208cm key forward was opposed to a 195cm rookie down the other end. Given the Dees aren't flush for 208cm forwards, there's less of a risk of that this week.

It basically comes down to whether we want to drop Dean, shift Frampton back, and roll out a KPF team containing some combo of Reef, Johnson, Kreuger and WHE... or retain Dean, and roll with a slightly bigger KPF combo which includes Framps up front.

That's probably a 50-50 call. What I will say, is that if we roll with both Frampton and Kreuger up front, we'll at least have more height, weight and power in those posts than we've had since early 2023. Maybe that counts for something?

I don't despise the idea of Frampton playing a defensive forward role on a creative aerial threat like May, a la Harris Andrews last year.

What I did despise was last week's idea of having Frampton play a defensive forward role on... well, nobody in particular... while a 208cm key forward was opposed to a 195cm rookie down the other end. Given the Dees aren't flush for 208cm forwards, there's less of a risk of that this week.

It basically comes down to whether we want to drop Dean, shift Frampton back, and roll out a KPF team containing some combo of Reef, Johnson, Kreuger and WHE... or retain Dean, and roll with a slightly bigger KPF combo which includes Framps up front.

That's probably a 50-50 call. What I will say, is that if we roll with both Frampton and Kreuger up front, we'll at least have more height, weight and power in those posts than we've had since early 2023. Maybe that counts for something?

I doubt Frampton was playing a defensive forward role against the Doggies. He played forward because of the 2nd ruck role.

Yep, like you say, if it’s solely to occupy May…

I don’t want us completely uprooting our defence just to accommodate Dean though. Gotta win, first and foremost.

I'd go with Moore, Howe and Bruzzy. I still don't think we need Dean.

Against Freo they had Petty and Turner (although he seems more a McInnes type than a KPF) as their tall forwards. I’d assume Turner will make way for Van Rooyen. Logically 2 tall defenders should adequately cover that with Howe taking Fritsch. The only question is whether that’s Moore and Dean or Moore and Frampton. I think Frampton will be preferred as the 2nd ruck so will play forward leaving Moore and Dean.

Against Freo they had Petty and Turner (although he seems more a McInnes type than a KPF) as their tall forwards. I’d assume Turner will make way for Van Rooyen. Logically 2 tall defenders should adequately cover that with Howe taking Fritsch. The only question is whether that’s Moore and Dean or Moore and Frampton. I think Frampton will be preferred as the 2nd ruck so will play forward leaving Moore and Dean.

Howe has played second tall a heap and Bruzzy has played third tall a heap, so I don't think that's the only question - as Moore and Howe with Bruzzy is definitely also an option. It's how I'm expecting them to go.

Thanks Jen.

Sidey on the wing as I suggested.
Frampton forward though is;
giphy.gif

they are going to bash us over the head with this garbage
Howe or Moore are the far better options as a stop gap forward, you know, players actually capable of kicking some goals

Howe has played second tall a heap and Bruzzy has played third tall a heap, so I don't think that's the only question - as Moore and Howe with Bruzzy is definitely also an option. It's how I'm expecting them to go.

Time will tell.

All evidence to date says that Frampton is an excellent defender, serviceable support ruck and a terrible forward. The experiment should be over by now.

With so many outs, we really need to be playing as many players as possible in their most impactful roles.

I reckon the most logical, personnel-optimising set-up would have us bringing in all of Kreuger, McInnes and Hoskin-Elliott to play up forward. Push Frampton back into defence, at Dean’s expense. Kreuger to pinch-hit in the ruck when Cameron needs a rest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef for the white and Kreug for the black team.
Eyre took a fair few marks up forward, kicked a goal, but passed some off closer to goal.
Not sure the black and white tops are a massive indicator at the moment given how small the match sim teams are with all our outs 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back