USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Only a matter of time till they are voting for heads in jars like in Futurama

View attachment 2039772

I used to want Slurm as a kid.

Also
Hungry Space GIF by audreyobscura

Oh absolutely, on the GOP side policy finishes a distant last to vibes and culture war nonsense. Which makes Stokey & co. whining about Harris releasing policy all the funnier.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if its less of a factor among democrats this time round too.
Yep- agreed. You’d think the expectations are -Anyone who is a halfway decent person is better than trump. If it’s someone who has experience in these political areas-even better. Most democrats would assume, quite rightly, that the policies will by and large, turn out be reasonable. Seems not unreasonable to ‘trust’ that Harris will prove to be a way better option than trump. That’s how bad he is.

Given they only seem to view women as breeders, it makes a lot sense.

I wonder if they got told they shouldnt call them "Non-Fertile Women" and the think tank went with post menopausal...

I could if I wanted to argue from the POV of hunter/gatherer stage of human evolution but it’s not a hill I want to die on.

My point was, despite the awful language & implicit misogyny I actually agree culture is stronger in societies where multiple generations of families stay together and raise children.

I don’t think our individualistic, capitalist society is building a better world. In some ways yes but mental health problems are rising at a faster rate than ever & especially amongst younger people so we’re doing something wrong.
What does, culture is stronger, even mean?

If your culture is individualistic, the an individualistic society is a strong expression of that culture.

In a lot of places, multiple generations staying together and raising families together is a consequence of generational poverty. We are moving towards that, by the virtue of the fact young people being unable to move out of the family home, I don't see that this improves us a a society.

What does, culture is stronger, even mean?

If your culture is individualistic, the an individualistic society is a strong expression of that culture.

In a lot of places, multiple generations staying together and raising families together is a consequence of generational poverty. We are moving towards that, by the virtue of the fact young people being unable to move out of the family home, I don't see that this improves us a a society.
Perhaps E Shed means cultural bonds or connections, rather than just 'culture'.

Perhaps E Shed means cultural bonds or connections, rather than just 'culture'.

Indeed I do. Humans are wired by evolution for connection. There is much truth in the old saying it takes a village to raise a child.

Individualism (a marketing device of capitalism) is one of the main drivers of the epidemic of our youth mental health crisis.

Children raised with less money but more care & attention from parents & family are more likely to be well adjusted adults than the children of the wealthy raised by hired help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indeed I do. Humans are wired by evolution for connection. There is much truth in the old saying it takes a village to raise a child.

Individualism (a marketing device of capitalism) is one of the main drivers of the epidemic of our youth mental health crisis.

Children raised with less money but more care & attention from parents & family are more likely to be well adjusted adults than the children of the wealthy raised by hired help.
I’ve always been fascinated by this neoliberal obsession with individualism and personal liberty.

You would not apply this obsession to sports, education, business, politics, health, family, a night out, you would not apply it to anything.

But we are told it is one of the keystones of a liberal democracy.

🤷‍♂️

Anyone still debating that he didn't call dead soldiers loser and suckers????
I am amazed at the number of military personnel and Veterans that follow him

They actively ignore this

I am amazed at the number of military personnel and Veterans that follow him

They actively ignore this
I keep on thinking there will be a huge moment of bulk realisiation when Trump supporters realise they have been conned.

Like ideally a tape will be released of him saying something off record that even to his most ardent supporters exposes him for who he really is, and destroys the whole facade. The inevitable fallout and collapse of the MAGA movement would be brutal.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back