USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

It's not like these are new problems. Biden didn't deteriorate that badly in 3 weeks

People have gone from telling the world he's fine and endorsing/sponsoring him then he publicly shits the bed so they change their tune. They knew he was cooked 3 weeks ago. Hypocrites
That’s my favourite part. This has been going on for 3 years and they pretended it wasn’t.. now they agree.

Biden isn’t fit today and in 4 years from now lord help us.

It's not like these are new problems. Biden didn't deteriorate that badly in 3 weeks

People have gone from telling the world he's fine and endorsing/sponsoring him then he publicly shits the bed so they change their tune. They knew he was cooked 3 weeks ago. Hypocrites

3 weeks? They knew he was cooked 3 years ago.

And as soon as he's gone they'll anoint the new candidate as God.

That’s my favourite part. This has been going on for 3 years and they pretended it wasn’t.. now they agree.

Biden isn’t fit today and in 4 years from now lord help us.
The continual denials that he was fine were hilarious though and then its always what about the bad orange man. They have brought this on themselves and all the followers that were too scared to question now look silly.

Im confused

Wasnt it the conservatives saying Biden was ok because he was controlling the DOJ and creating grand conspiracies?

Now its you who say he is cooked? Whatever happened to that Dark Brandon guy you all cringed from
No they have been saying for years that he wasn't fit from office with his mumbling speeches, falling over, reading incorrectly of teleprompters and being led around like he was a toddler.

The fact that Democrats supporters are now saying step aside is laughable. Although I get the feeling it might have been because as bad a Joe has been publicly he is still a much better option than Harris. And it shows the reason why she was selected as a VP and it's not because they thought she would make a good president.

No they have been saying for years that he wasn't fit from office with his mumbling speeches, falling over, reading incorrectly of teleprompters and being led around like he was a toddler.
We are still talking Biden?

The fact that Democrats supporters are now saying step aside is laughable. Although I get the feeling it might have been because as bad a Joe has been publicly he is still a much better option than Harris. And it shows the reason why she was selected as a VP and it's not because they thought she would make a good president.
Funny everyone told me a vote for Joe was a vote for Kamala

You do recognise people dont hold fast to opinions and they shift as new evidence comes in

Recognising Bidens age was the 1st thing and the recent debate highlighted the issues associated with age - whether that be jet lag induced or other - it will be dependent on future appearances whether it continues to be a problem

I believe he should have decided 18 months ago. Just as I think Trump is too old to finish his term without dribbling over his shoes

We are still talking Biden?

Funny everyone told me a vote for Joe was a vote for Kamala

You do recognise people dont hold fast to opinions and they shift as new evidence comes in

Recognising Bidens age was the 1st thing and the recent debate highlighted the issues associated with age - whether that be jet lag induced or other - it will be dependent on future appearances whether it continues to be a problem

I believe he should have decided 18 months ago. Just as I think Trump is too old to finish his term without dribbling over his shoes

New evidence lol

Your view shifts as your team tells you to. Bidens been gone for ages but you (blue maga) said he was fine. Now the celebs like Clooney etc are saying he's showing your age, the tune of his supporters turns against him. How weird

The consistent thing was people telling you for a long time he was blitzed. "oh no, he's sharp as a tack"

New evidence lol

Your view shifts as your team tells you to. Bidens been gone for ages but you (blue maga) said he was fine. Now the celebs like Clooney etc are saying he's showing your age, the tune of his supporters turns against him. How weird

The consistent thing was people telling you for a long time he was blitzed. "oh no, he's sharp as a tack"
Lets agree that both candidates are dribbling idiots shuffling about wearing nappies

She would still be better than trump. She needs to make a few inspiring speeches if she gets in. Being a prosecutor, she would also beat trump in the debate imo.
A couple of problem are, is that

A. She is Biden's VP, and if he selected her, knowing about his mental acuity, how sure are the US that she is a good choice for POTUS herself.

B. Given that she presided over one of the most Blue state in the US and that under her Senatorship, crime and homelessness is rampant in California, why would US want this to be repeated in other parts of the country?

All in all the Dems have pitched their wagon to the Biden-Harris ticket and only way for the Dems to learn is a crushing defeat.

A. She is Biden's VP, and if he selected her, knowing about his mental acuity, how sure are the US that she is a good choice for POTUS herself.

B. Given that she presided over one of the most Blue state in the US and that under her Senatorship, crime and homelessness is rampant in California, why would US want this to be repeated in other parts of the country?

All in all the Dems have pitched their wagon to the Biden-Harris ticket and only way for the Dems to learn is a crushing defeat.
He was fine im the noggin when he appointed her, there's homelessness everywhere in America.
She would be campaigning heavily on abortion rights which is a vote winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im confused

Wasnt it the conservatives saying Biden was ok because he was controlling the DOJ and creating grand conspiracies?

Now its you who say he is cooked? Whatever happened to that Dark Brandon guy you all cringed from
I don't think anyone thought Joe Biden was doing anything over the past 4 years. It's clearly whatever Democrat staffers are in control of him behind the scenes. The "Darth Brandon" thing is just Biden speaking off a teleprompter with text written by said Democrat staffers and in a setting established by said Democrat staffers. Anyone criticising 'Biden' is just using it as an easier moniker to criticise what he represents, i.e the Democrat conglomerate in control of him.

Maybe all the homeless folk move to California for the weather.

I don't think Biden can be removed legally from the Democrat ticket anyway.
The only way he stops running is if he resigns or the VP and the Senate use the incapacitated clause to remove him. And in both scenarios it means Harris has to assume the ticket. So its lose-lose.

For the Democrats that debate was just all sorts of disaster. They had somewhat succeeded in keeping Biden out of the public eye (no mean feat given he is in the most important position in the world) but now the cat is out of the bag and there is no going back now.

The only way out I think is keep Biden and give him a brand new VP as his running mate. Then hope and pray Trump blows up and Biden wins the election. Then force him out in 2025 with the new shiny toy taking over.

I don't think Biden can be removed legally from the Democrat ticket anyway.
This is incorrect

Yes it would be nearly unprecedented and give Republicans some energy but it can be done

Under the Democratic presidential nomination process, candidates are entitled to a share of delegates in each state in rough proportion to the votes they received in that state’s primary or caucus. The candidate who receives a majority of delegate votes wins the party’s nomination.

In 2024, Biden swept all but one primary or caucus and the vast majority of delegates at stake in those contests. Those delegates are considered to be “pledged” to Biden, which means they were selected to fill delegate slots that Biden won as a result of his vote performances in various primaries and caucuses. However, under party rules, that pledge is more of a strong expectation rather than an iron-clad, legal obligation

DNC rules encourage but don’t specifically require delegates to vote for the candidate they’re pledged to support. Instead, the rules say, “All delegates to the National Convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.”

In other words, the thousands of delegates Biden won during the primary season are bound only by their consciences to actually cast their votes for Biden when it comes time to select a nominee, although it would be unprecedented for delegates on a wide scale to support a candidate other than the one they were pledged to support.

One feature of the party’s rules that makes a delegate revolt against the presumptive nominee unlikely is that the candidate has the right to review and make changes to their slate of delegates in each state, ensuring that delegate slots are filled by supporters loyal to the candidate.

This is incorrect

Yes it would be nearly unprecedented and give Republicans some energy but it can be done

Under the Democratic presidential nomination process, candidates are entitled to a share of delegates in each state in rough proportion to the votes they received in that state’s primary or caucus. The candidate who receives a majority of delegate votes wins the party’s nomination.

In 2024, Biden swept all but one primary or caucus and the vast majority of delegates at stake in those contests. Those delegates are considered to be “pledged” to Biden, which means they were selected to fill delegate slots that Biden won as a result of his vote performances in various primaries and caucuses. However, under party rules, that pledge is more of a strong expectation rather than an iron-clad, legal obligation

DNC rules encourage but don’t specifically require delegates to vote for the candidate they’re pledged to support. Instead, the rules say, “All delegates to the National Convention pledged to a presidential candidate shall in all good conscience reflect the sentiments of those who elected them.”

In other words, the thousands of delegates Biden won during the primary season are bound only by their consciences to actually cast their votes for Biden when it comes time to select a nominee, although it would be unprecedented for delegates on a wide scale to support a candidate other than the one they were pledged to support.

One feature of the party’s rules that makes a delegate revolt against the presumptive nominee unlikely is that the candidate has the right to review and make changes to their slate of delegates in each state, ensuring that delegate slots are filled by supporters loyal to the candidate.
Thanks for that. Good pick up.

CM86
What are the top three things that you think Trump will do that you are worried about. May I also ask that you be explicit (ie don’t say something like increased erosion of minority rights), and give examples where useful.
Hi CM86
Just in case you missed the above, obviously no pressure to reply if you are too busy. Just in case you missed it.

This is incorrect
MPMonkeys makes a claim as fact that is in fact incorrect? Well done for calling him out again.

Oh No Wow GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back