USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

by not taking the sensible option of being a reasonably successful one-term president should he win he’ll be remembered as a doddering old man in cognitive decline who may well not see out his presidency. or worse ensure a divisive, corrupt, revengeful, mendacious, convicted felon gets another term to wreck the joint.
Just mind-boggling calculus from the Dems and Biden himself apparently.

Joe did it - beat Trump, then didn't drop dead 6 months later as all the conservative talking heads assured us he would, served out his term as a poor to middling president.

All he had to do was walk away and give someone else the time and clear air to take it from here. I remain pretty convinced if he'd done it properly, whoever he anointed or won the primary would be double digits up on Trump right now. As you say, there isn't a whole lot of 'win' here even if he somehow beats him again :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish.

Any number of predicted things happened. Theft. Corruption. Dismantling of rights. Dismantling of the US democratic processes. You know it did. Don't troll.
Wait so you're saying there was absolutely no corruption before Trump took office?

One could argue all those things happen under every president though.

The other point people make was the handling of Covid. I bet the people here saying Trump did a bad job will for example say Andrews did a good job of it's handling? Interesting the responses to that one. Another government official who has had corruption and human rights questioned against him.

Whoa, all these conservatives coming out of the woodwork! Where have you guys been the past few years?

I assume it's because conservatives have been called cookers and nut jobs for a period that they didn't feel like speaking up. It's got to the point of ridiculous now they are happy to start talking again maybe or more people are starting to come around to being conservative.

The amount of hysteria in AUS about Trump is absolutely laughable considering it has little effect on them.

Theft. Corruption. Dismantling of rights. Dismantling of the US democratic processes.

None of these are doomsday scenarios. Who, in Australia, gives a **** about any of these things happening in the US.

Doomsday predictions were that of Trump starting WWIII possibly causing the end of the world.

by not taking the sensible option of being a reasonably successful one-term president should he win he’ll be remembered as a doddering old man in cognitive decline who may well not see out his presidency. or worse ensure a divisive, corrupt, revengeful, mendacious, convicted felon gets another term to wreck the joint.

Mate he just had a bad day.

The end of the world was forecast.
By who?
WWIII was a given.
Who said that?

None of the doomsday stuff happened except their team lost. I understand the team losing part as 1996 loss to North took me 10 years to get over.

You're disingenuously taking various asides and obviously hyperbolic comments - like "wouldn't trust him with the nuclear codes", "we're ****ed", stuff like that, and pretending that ALL of the people you don't agree with - "their team" - said that the world would literally end with Trump.

You do this for to make trole.

When called on it you play innocent.

Just shrug and own up to it. You might make friends.

I assume it's because conservatives have been called cookers and nut jobs for a period that they didn't feel like speaking up. It's got to the point of ridiculous now they are happy to start talking again maybe or more people are starting to come around to being conservative.

The amount of hysteria in AUS about Trump is absolutely laughable considering it has little effect on them.
Quite a few Homer Simpson'd back into the hedge in wake of the 2020 election, on this board anyway. Some a little after, subsequent to some unhinged ranting about stolen elections when their various hare-brained predictions about it didn't come to pass.

Now with Trump in the box seat they probably feel a bit more emboldened to stick their heads up again. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of the newer ones who've popped up are new alias' for old users.

unhinged ranting about stolen elections when their various hare-brained predictions about it didn't come to pass
Those were my favourite peeps. Just massive conspiracy theorists baking the crumbs and looking like idiots.

By who?

Who said that?

You're disingenuously taking various asides and obviously hyperbolic comments - like "wouldn't trust him with the nuclear codes", "we're ****ed", stuff like that, and pretending that ALL of the people you don't agree with - "their team" - said that the world would literally end with Trump.

You do this for to make trole.

When called on it you play innocent.

Just shrug and own up to it. You might make friends.

I'm not going back through the threads to quote old posts. That is creepy.

You know posters were referring to trump starting WWIII. It will be said again.

So when posters say they wouldn't trust him with the nuclear codes or he will start WWIII, it is just hyperbole and they don't mean it? That's sorted that out.

Make friends? That is real creepy.

You know posters were referring to trump starting WWIII. It will be said again.
Yes I am sure some people gave him a good chance at making it happen. It still could.

But that's not "WWIII is a given".

You're taking, as I said, hyperbole and pretending it was a universally agreed upon belief, so that you can bash people over the head with it and troll.

Yes I am sure some people gave him a good chance at making it happen. It still could.

But that's not "WWIII is a given".

You're taking, as I said, hyperbole and pretending it was a universally agreed upon belief, so that you can bash people over the head with it and troll

I've said my piece.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back