USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

You expected her not to stand up for her husband publicly?

I think the issue is it’s been said that Jill and Hunter have been privately urging Joe to remain in the race. I don’t have issue with her defending him publicly, of course, but if that’s her private advice then I don’t think she’s doing the right thing by him.

The view is being ascribed to MAGA, not every Republican. This is specifically what you asked about, in case you forgot;

And its 2 actually, a favourite to be his VP and his daughter-in-law who happens to now chair the RNC.

Yep, those 2 literal Trump surrogates saying these things isn't in any way indicative of what Trump wants/who he prefers to run against. Makes sense :tearsofjoy:
I don't think you understand what the word 'literal' means but anyway I digress.
It is just two peoples opinions. Its just stupid to attribute 2 people or 100 or 10000 for that matter as encompassing general policy.
It reminds me of the 'Yes Minister' episode. My dog has 4 legs, my cat has 4 legs, therefore my dog is a cat.

I think the issue is it’s been said that Jill and Hunter have been privately urging Joe to remain in the race. I don’t have issue with her defending him publicly, of course, but if that’s her private advice then I don’t think she’s doing the right thing by him.
Pride comes before the fall election.

I don't think you understand what the word 'literal' means but anyway I digress.\
Ha no mate, lets digress - by all means, explain to me how a favourite for his VP pick and his daughter-in-law RNC chair aren't political surrogates making arguments on Trump's behalf.

It is just two peoples opinions. Its just stupid to attribute 2 people or 100 or 10000 for that matter as encompassing general policy.
No one is doing that - you asked about 'MAGA world'. Think you'll have a hard time rationalising that Trump himself doesn't = MAGA world lol

It’s beyond a joke now.

We have some serious tensions in the world and we are going to let a guy most people wouldn’t trust feeding their dog for a week stay in charge?
Trump is only the vice president mate :p

The Democrats are rooted. They've left it too late, and now ol pudding brain is going to lose the election.
Keep hearing this.

There is still 4 months before the election. In our county and many others, the entire election cycle starts and ends within 4 months.

There is still time for them to make a switch, but it needs to be before the convention. The convention needs to be a flawless and unified showcase of the candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt you would always expect your wife to do what was best for you.

Don’t worry, you’ll never have to worry about having a wife.

black-kid-laughing.gif

Yeah, we don't know what she's saying privately. Even then, families are often the worst people to provide a full perspective on a member. They're too close.

I think all Republicans would love Joe to run because everyone can now see what he has been for the past 4 years, an incompetent leader.

This isn't really reflective of how his Presidency has gone. His administration has actually achieved some decent stuff, despite coming in at one of the worst times to commence a Presidency.

People seem to forget that generally the President isn't doing the things day-to-day and most Presidents (unlike Trump) aren't really using the office for personal gain. So whilst Biden may be cooked, it's not overly relevant to whether the country is being run for the betterment of the people - and whilst neither party is necessarily great, there's a very clear difference between the two. Trump spent his entire time using the office for his own personal benefit, and has already flagged he'll do exactly the same but go even harder this time.

This isn't really reflective of how his Presidency has gone. His administration has actually achieved some decent stuff, despite coming in at one of the worst times to commence a Presidency.

People seem to forget that generally the President isn't doing the things day-to-day and most Presidents (unlike Trump) aren't really using the office for personal gain. So whilst Biden may be cooked, it's not overly relevant to whether the country is being run for the betterment of the people - and whilst neither party is necessarily great, there's a very clear difference between the two. Trump spent his entire time using the office for his own personal benefit, and has already flagged he'll do exactly the same but go even harder this time.
How did Trump use the Presidency for personal gain?
It would have been a hell of a lot easier for him and his family if he never entered politics. He was already a very wealthy man and had nothing left to really prove.
If its purely ego, then yes I agree with you but he never really gained anything of tangible value during his Presidency.

Biden is very much the same. I lost count of the number of times he used the words 'I' and 'me' during his press conference today. He has this unshakeable belief that he alone can save the US and the news today that he has not held a cabinet meeting this year comes as no surprise.

How did Trump use the Presidency for personal gain?
It would have been a hell of a lot easier for him and his family if he never entered politics. He was already a very wealthy man and had nothing left to really prove.
If its purely ego, then yes I agree with you but he never really gained anything of tangible value during his Presidency.

Biden is very much the same. I lost count of the number of times he used the words 'I' and 'me' during his press conference today. He has this unshakeable belief that he alone can save the US and the news today that he has not held a cabinet meeting this year comes as no surprise.
Just off the top of my head I would list selling pardons; holding official functions at his properties and charging way overs for everything from hire to catering to secret service accommodation; and guess we'll never know how many copies of classified documents he sold (nor to who and at what price). His son in law did alright out of the Saudis too, though I have to admit I have no idea what that large amount of cash was for so willing to listen if you can explain why that was all above board. Obviously there is all the other grifts that came after his presidency...the constant begging for donations, the gold sneakers, NFTs, the Bible's etc...but they were after his presidency so are just transparent money-grabs not related to his tenure?

I know presidents have issued pardons but honestly don't recall any other than Trump actually selling pardons.

That's off top of my head...want me to Google to see what else? Reckon there were lots of suspicious payments from certain countries to businesses of Trump's... payments that were way way overs and in some cases were unexplained as no goods or services were provided to justify those payments. Or can you Google that stuff yourself?

Last edited:
I have no doubt you would always expect your wife to do what was best for you.

Don’t worry, you’ll never have to worry about having a wife.
You're not taking this well at all. Chin up m8, it's all theatre anyhoo.

Is there a creditable source for this? I did see a piece on Fox News saying that Hunter is actually running the country now, but took that with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying Joe's the best man for the job, but to denounce him because he muddled some names is harsh. People are always getting names muddled. How often has my sister called me her daughter's name? How often do parents call their kids by the wrong names? These are not dementia patients. If you want to pick on Joe, find something else to use.

I would want my wife to do what is best for me, not what is best for her time in the spotlight and power.

Is there a creditable source for this? I did see a piece on Fox News saying that Hunter is actually running the country now, but took that with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying Joe's the best man for the job, but to denounce him because he muddled some names is harsh. People are always getting names muddled. How often has my sister called me her daughter's name? How often do parents call their kids by the wrong names? These are not dementia patients. If you want to pick on Joe, find something else to use.

My Dad used to just run through the names of all four of us, figuring he'd get it right eventually.

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back