USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Is there a creditable source for this? I did see a piece on Fox News saying that Hunter is actually running the country now, but took that with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying Joe's the best man for the job, but to denounce him because he muddled some names is harsh. People are always getting names muddled. How often has my sister called me her daughter's name? How often do parents call their kids by the wrong names? These are not dementia patients. If you want to pick on Joe, find something else to use.

Welcome Harry đź‘‹

How did Trump use the Presidency for personal gain?
It would have been a hell of a lot easier for him and his family if he never entered politics. He was already a very wealthy man and had nothing left to really prove.
If its purely ego, then yes I agree with you but he never really gained anything of tangible value during his Presidency.

Biden is very much the same. I lost count of the number of times he used the words 'I' and 'me' during his press conference today. He has this unshakeable belief that he alone can save the US and the news today that he has not held a cabinet meeting this year comes as no surprise.

This whole 'Trump had nothing to gain for President and was doing it for the good of the nation' is one of the weirder arguments that gets rolled out.

Yes, Biden is deeply flawed because I think he genuinely believes he alone can save the US of A. Which is obviously egotistical and problematic. But he doesn't actually use the office for direct personal gain, unlike Trump.

Refer to Jamolad's post for a few examples of Trump using the office for direct personal gain. Trump is a lifelong criminal. He should be locked up, not anywhere near public office. Biden is just your run of the mill politician.

Their only hope is Michelle Obama saving their arse. But that’s seems 0% chance

I am not sure that is a good move by the Democrats. Hilary lost as she was just curtailing Obama. Not sure Michelle would be a good option so late in the run.

I think they're definitely regretting the choice of Kamala as VP (or is it Trump) as if they had a decent VP it would be easier to slot them in now.

Keep hearing this.

There is still 4 months before the election. In our county and many others, the entire election cycle starts and ends within 4 months.

There is still time for them to make a switch, but it needs to be before the convention. The convention needs to be a flawless and unified showcase of the candidate.
The convention is about a month away, right? I don't think that's long enough time for the Dems to have a consensus on who replaces Biden. They normally have 6 months of primaries and debates etc. I just don't see that unity coming together so quickly.

The convention is about a month away, right? I don't think that's long enough time for the Dems to have a consensus on who replaces Biden. They normally have 6 months of primaries and debates etc. I just don't see that unity coming together so quickly.
I think Harris would be the logical choice. I think she can beat Trump (the polls suggest at least she's more of a chance than Biden).

At the very least it will put more focus on Trumps age and health (both physical and mental) which will help the Democrats.

Then pair her with a VP option from a key battleground state/region. Whitmer would be good, but not sure a dual Female ticket is going to be a great idea.

Just off the top of my head I would list selling pardons; holding official functions at his properties and charging way overs for everything from hire to catering to secret service accommodation; and guess we'll never know how many copies of classified documents he sold (nor to who and at what price). His son in law did alright out of the Saudis too, though I have to admit I have no idea what that large amount of cash was for so willing to listen if you can explain why that was all above board. Obviously there is all the other grifts that came after his presidency...the constant begging for donations, the gold sneakers, NFTs, the Bible's etc...but they were after his presidency so are just transparent money-grabs not related to his tenure?

I know presidents have issued pardons but honestly don't recall any other than Trump actually selling pardons.

That's off top of my head...want me to Google to see what else? Reckon there were lots of suspicious payments from certain countries to businesses of Trump's... payments that were way way overs and in some cases were unexplained as no goods or services were provided to justify those payments. Or can you Google that stuff yourself?
So, in other words - there is nothing conclusive you can point to. You have no dollar figures, no copies of receipts, nothing. Its all just Twitter, Reddit nonsense.

By the way, Trump issued 237 pardons. The 13th lowest of all Presidents and the 4th lowest since World War 1.
Obama issued 1927 pardons.
Roosevelt holds the record at 3687

This whole 'Trump had nothing to gain for President and was doing it for the good of the nation' is one of the weirder arguments that gets rolled out.

Yes, Biden is deeply flawed because I think he genuinely believes he alone can save the US of A. Which is obviously egotistical and problematic. But he doesn't actually use the office for direct personal gain, unlike Trump.

Refer to Jamolad's post for a few examples of Trump using the office for direct personal gain. Trump is a lifelong criminal. He should be locked up, not anywhere near public office. Biden is just your run of the mill politician.
They were not examples. They were just wild guesses mixed in with a good dose of tin foil hattery.

Who knows? I'm short waisted, and don't wear a belt with my pants, so goodness knows how that applies to me.
Well I'm out then. Only other idea I have is if you carry a 44 magnum that would blow someone's head "clean orf" their shoulders, but in all the excitement you don't know whether you fired 6 shots or only 5.

Well, do you, punk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, in other words - there is nothing conclusive you can point to. You have no dollar figures, no copies of receipts, nothing. Its all just Twitter, Reddit nonsense.

By the way, Trump issued 237 pardons. The 13th lowest of all Presidents and the 4th lowest since World War 1.
Obama issued 1927 pardons.
Roosevelt holds the record at 3687
How many pardons did they sell?

I am not sure that is a good move by the Democrats. Hilary lost as she was just curtailing Obama. Not sure Michelle would be a good option so late in the run.

I think they're definitely regretting the choice of Kamala as VP (or is it Trump) as if they had a decent VP it would be easier to slot them in now.

This is why they are considering it https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/only-michelle-obama-bests-trump-alternative-biden-2024

However I think whoever they run v trump if not Biden will definitely perform better as they will actually be able to campaign.

You do it at the convention.

There is no world replacing Biden is worse than keeping Biden, unless they replaced him with Steve Bannon.

Just off the top of my head I would list selling pardons; holding official functions at his properties and charging way overs for everything from hire to catering to secret service accommodation; and guess we'll never know how many copies of classified documents he sold (nor to who and at what price). His son in law did alright out of the Saudis too, though I have to admit I have no idea what that large amount of cash was for so willing to listen if you can explain why that was all above board. Obviously there is all the other grifts that came after his presidency...the constant begging for donations, the gold sneakers, NFTs, the Bible's etc...but they were after his presidency so are just transparent money-grabs not related to his tenure?

I know presidents have issued pardons but honestly don't recall any other than Trump actually selling pardons.

That's off top of my head...want me to Google to see what else? Reckon there were lots of suspicious payments from certain countries to businesses of Trump's... payments that were way way overs and in some cases were unexplained as no goods or services were provided to justify those payments. Or can you Google that stuff yourself?
Plus the 7.8 millions from his hotels. But the best part was when he became President, he increased to fees for his club memberships.

A grifters is gonna grift.

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Biden II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back