USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, we've had a good run. Some have had a good laugh and others have melted a little, but from this point we're improving the standard of discussion.

The rules for the SRP are thus:
... and I'd like you all to stick to them.

From the Trump threads:
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.
Play nicely from here, please.

Let’s play dumb! Let’s pretend Biden wasn't pushed out by nearly every well known Democrat 😂
Of course he was. Politics is about winning. The narrative had developed such that he was old and past it, he was unable to shake that perception because he is old. The polls were swinging against him.

Because he's not a psycopath he understood he was going to be in big trouble so he stood down because he's a decent human being.

He could have stayed in if he really wanted, despite the pressure. Trump would never step down if roles were reversed. Hell he is a convicted sex pest and still refuses to step down.

Ok.
  • So he smoked it in the primaries.
  • Told everyone he wasn’t dropping out. - ‘Still seems to be ok now’.
  • Dropped out.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Donations were drying up, ultimately it's about money.
The path to victory was narrowing. Since the debate Trump held the ascendency - many knew Biden was toast after that. Then the failed assassination made Trump look like the anointed one. The energised GOP looked to be on the path to victory.
Now Biden's done the right thing, the narratives are changed and the Dems have something to vote for.

I really think he was a silly old man for standing again. Better to go too early, than too late. Regardless he's gone, we have a new playing field and lots of entertainment ahead of us.

The fact is that Biden couldn't have been 'pushed out'. He can be pressured, sure, and in the end its Biden's call.

You have heard of ‘pushed out’ being used in this sense haven’t you?

As in, where someone is made to leave a job or activity (running for president), by people in positions of power (managers, bosses, Nancy Pelosi), by refusing resources (donor money, Support) which leaves one unable to do said job (running for president).

It doesn’t mean ‘pushed out’ of a window or something.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Donations were drying up, ultimately it's about money.
The path to victory was narrowing. Since the debate Trump held the ascendency - many knew Biden was toast after that. Then the failed assassination made Trump look like the anointed one. The energised GOP looked to be on the path to victory.
Now Biden's done the right thing, the narratives are changed and the Dems have something to vote for.

I really think he was a silly old man for standing again. Better to go too early, than too late. Regardless he's gone, we have a new playing field and lots of entertainment ahead of us.

Nail, head.

Having a laugh at how much money these MAGA losers have spent on Let’s Go Brandon merch only for him drop out of the race. It’s beautiful.
I've got a Trump 2016 t shirt that my mum bought me as a gag gift when she was over there, might be time to test it's market value.

SO impeachment are childish now. Wonder where they got the idea from doing that from :)

The look on confusion when the reporter asked Joe about him stepping down was hilarious but it was oblivious he couldn't actually hear the person so just gave the awkward smile and walked off.
Lol, another satirical lolsworth poster that can barely communicate!
It’s become their calling card!👍

The fact is that Biden couldn't have been 'pushed out'. He can be pressured, sure, and in the end its Biden's call.
Yep. The writing was on the wall and Joe could read it. Put his party and country before his own ambitions. Unlike the ketchup on the wall, where Donald would never put his country before himself.

I was only thinking today before reading the below, that Biden was possibly in extreme stroke risk territory recently.

I'm much more inclined to think that someone is leaking info to Loomer than she is making shit up.
She's obviously got some very powerful allies or backers.
Hey BFew

Any update on this moronic post ?

Why do people bother to engage with the conspiracy nutters? Ruins any semblance of actual constructive discussion.

Any evidence to the contrary will just be written off as AI or a body double or the deep state or #VICBIAS or some shit.

Why do people bother to engage with the conspiracy nutters? Ruins any semblance of actual constructive discussion.
It's a guilty pleasure sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it is early days and to be expected, but better this than the other.

July 23 (Reuters) - Vice President Kamala Harris opened up a marginal two-percentage-point lead over Republican Donald Trump after President Joe Biden ended his re-election campaign and passed the torch to her, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.
That compares with a marginal two-point deficit Biden faced against Trump in last week's poll before his Sunday exit from the race.
The new poll, conducted on Monday and Tuesday, followed both the Republican National Convention where Trump on Thursday formally accepted the nomination and Biden's announcement on Sunday he was leaving the race and endorsing Harris.

Harris, whose campaign says she has secured the Democratic nomination, led Trump 44% to 42% in the national poll, a difference within the 3-percentage-point margin of error.
Harris and Trump were tied at 44% in a July 15-16 poll, and Trump led by one percentage point in a July 1-2 poll, both within the same margin of error.
While nationwide surveys give important signals of American support for political candidates, a handful of competitive states typically tilt the balance in the U.S. Electoral College, which ultimately decides who wins a presidential election.

A pollster with Trump's campaign played down any polling showing an increase in Harris' support, arguing that she was likely to see a temporary rise in popularity because of widespread media coverage of her new candidacy.
"That bump is likely to start showing itself over the next few days and will last for a while," pollster Tony Fabrizio said in a memo circulated to reporters by Trump's campaign.
Candidates often expect a bump after formally accepting their party's nomination at stage-managed, televised conventions such as the one that Trump had last week. But the poll showed no sign of that.

The Democrats started the impeachment crap when they tried to falsely impeach Trump based on Clinton Campaign Russia Misinformation. I agree its stupid, but at this point you need to fight fire with fire. The Democrats don't play fair so you need to fight them on their ground.
Um, I’m not a physics guy, but all evidence points to fighting fire with water!
Hopes this helps you out one day!👍

House Republican leaders told lawmakers to focus on criticizing Vice President Kamala Harris’ record without reference to her race and gender, following caustic remarks from some Republicans attacking her on the basis of identity.

During a closed-door meeting Tuesday morning, chair of the House GOP campaign arm Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) and others issued the warning after a series of comments by their members that focused on Harris’ race as well as claims she is a “DEI” pick, according to two people in the room.

House Republican leaders told lawmakers to focus on criticizing Vice President Kamala Harris’ record without reference to her race and gender, following caustic remarks from some Republicans attacking her on the basis of identity.

During a closed-door meeting Tuesday morning, chair of the House GOP campaign arm Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) and others issued the warning after a series of comments by their members that focused on Harris’ race as well as claims she is a “DEI” pick, according to two people in the room.
Relevant to other thread

I read (yestereday) she was more of a right wing extremist.
Looks like she cooked herself in the last few days.
A stroke of bad luck.
Think you missed the posters humour , loomer has been a nutter for years .

Are you self aware enough to realise you are cooked?
Just getting a bit too excited about Harris becoming President this week.
Which I would genuinely love to happen even if that does distract her from campaigning.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back