USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mehdi's primary concern in that video is with the way in which some Muslims are seeking to convince (or 'morally blackmail') other Muslims to not vote for Harris.

He points out the folly of using Islam for political leverage in the US system and the dishonesty/amnesia in minimizing the potential dangers of Don.

Medhi otherwise says he understands and accepts that some people cannot bring themselves to vote for Harris.

This is the crux of what I was prattling on about the other day. I'm not telling anyone how to vote. I just want people to accept that the reasoning of those who can't vote for Harris is based a rather painstaking consideration of the issues.
A consideration of the issues, yes, but consideration of the outcome from their choices, no.

Mehdi's primary concern in that video is with the way in which some Muslims are seeking to convince (or 'morally blackmail') other Muslims to not vote for Harris.

He points out the folly of using Islam for political leverage in the US system and the dishonesty/amnesia in minimizing the potential dangers of Don.

Medhi otherwise says he understands and accepts that some people cannot bring themselves to vote for Harris.

This is the crux of what I was prattling on about the other day. I'm not telling anyone how to vote. I just want people to accept that the reasoning of those who can't vote for Harris is based on a rather painstaking consideration of the issues.
It's funny how Muslims in western countries care more about Palestine than any of the Arab states.

It'll be hilarious when Trump starts deporting members of their community.

It's funny how Muslims in western countries care more about Palestine than any of the Arab states.

It'll be hilarious when Trump starts deporting members of their community.

You find hilarity in the persecution of minorities.

A useful skill in dark times, I suppose.

You find hilarity in the persecution of minorities.

A useful skill in dark times, I suppose.
Again you fail to recognise the point being made to you.
It is the same as poor people voting for trump believing he will somehow be better for them, when the exact opposite is true.
In regards to Muslims, a vote for trump will be a vote to increase the danger of their lives becoming more miserable in a mostly Christian society that hate them.
Some will most likely be deported in this mass deportation scheme they’ve cooked up, the irony will be funny to many of us, wilful ignorance is kinda funny, don’t cha think?

Again you fail to recognise the point being made to you.
It is the same as poor people voting for trump believing he will somehow be better for them, when the exact opposite is true.
In regards to Muslims, a vote for trump will be a vote to increase the danger of their lives becoming more miserable in a mostly Christian society that hate them.
Some will most likely be deported in this mass deportation scheme they’ve cooked up, the irony will be funny to many of us, wilful ignorance is kinda funny, don’t cha think?

Thanks for rehashing your point of view.

You can tell me what I misunderstood about the post I responded to, if you like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine Trump’s minders are thinking he’s behind so are only allowing him on safe places to try to hide his mental deterioration.
The discussion WASN'T about Trump.
As usual you've jumped in with a one sided view that was nothing to do with what is being talked about.
Stop going to Trump every time people are having sensible conversations.

As usual you've jumped in with a one sided view that was nothing to do with what is being talked about.
Stop going to Trump every time people are having sensible
No Squotty, the reply was entirely appropriate.
You don’t get to choose how people reply to your posts on a TRUMP v Harris thread.
Suck it up.

Painfully.
We have friends visiting New York at end of this month for a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see how they experience the atmosphere there. I guess at least they won’t be in the toss up states.
One question I have always wanted to know: How do you sleep with loud naighbours all over the place? I'd go nuts after the first week.

Stop going to Trump every time people are having sensible conversations.
Nope I thought the point was going on safe 'media'.

One is going, the other not after all it is the Trump v Harris thread.

This is the crux of what I was prattling on about the other day. I'm not telling anyone how to vote. I just want people to accept that the reasoning of those who can't vote for Harris is based on a rather painstaking consideration of the issues.
The one point he made that I liked and hadn't really considered for is what the Democrat reaction will be towards Muslim voters if they are noticeably absent based on this issue.

Its either
1. Oh boy we lost the Muslim vote, perhaps we better tone down on the pro Israel/genocide endorsements.
or
2. We lost the election because of the Muslims. Even more justification for us to further back Israel.

The point he made about Bernie supporters in 2016 was a good one. Rather than the party trying to appease them, they were blamed directly for the Trump victory, and then in 2020 the establishment picked Biden over Bernie.

I understand the emotion behind a protest vote, but the outcome (in this case another 4 years or Trump) does more damage than good.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back