USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's called racism and sexism.

I reckon heaps of em voted for this bloke...

Obama Reaction GIF

So what is the lesser evil for you?

That's genuinely difficult. Ultimately probably the Democrats, because they'll actually concede. But one of the reasons why their current mess exists is because they keep asking people to vote for them because they're 99.5% shit, instead of 100% shit.

I'm of the opinion that the "lesser of two evils" cycle that has been circling the drain for about four decades is a key factor in why Trump has been able to elavate to his current position. Trump/MAGA is a symptom of a bigger problem and was inevitable.

I know you said you're not interested in doing a prediction. That was the point of my response - I'm saying if my you think my analysis and predictions are wrong, have a crack at one yourself, rather than acting high and mighty.

If I was saying Harris is on the right track you would've liked it, so let's not pretend you don't know how an electoral college map works.

Or maybe you don't? In which case, yikes.

Oh, the wriggling and evading. It's hilarious.

As you are well aware, I never suggested that your analysis and predictions are wrong. I simply keep pointing out the barracking aspect, and you keep avoiding a response to that.

As to your other straw man assertion, I'll bend over (virtually) and proclaim how wrong I was if you can find any post I've liked simply because it predicts a Harris win.

Oh, the wriggling and evading. It's hilarious.

As you are well aware, I never suggested that your analysis and predictions are wrong. I simply keep pointing out the barracking aspect, and you keep avoiding a response to that.

As to your other straw man assertion, I'll bend over (virtually) and proclaim how wrong I was if you can find any post I've liked simply because it predicts a Harris win.

Where have I "barracked" that she would lose? I've suggested Harris is headed for a loss, and provided reasons why. It seems difficult for you.

(By "liked", I meant agreed with, not specifically pressed the "like button".)

That's genuinely difficult. Ultimately probably the Democrats, because they'll actually concede. But one of the reasons why their current mess exists is because they keep asking people to vote for them because they're 99.5% shit, instead of 100% shit.

I'm of the opinion that the "lesser of two evils" cycle that has been circling the drain for about four decades is a key factor in why Trump has been able to elavate to his current position. Trump/MAGA is a symptom of a bigger problem and was inevitable.
I'm sorry, but if you honestly think the two choices this election are as bad as each other, then you're clueless at best.

Where have I "barracked" that she would lose? I've suggested Harris is headed for a loss, and provided reasons why. It seems difficult for you.

(By "liked", I meant agreed with, not specifically pressed the "like button".)

I make no secret of my view that a Trump win would be disastrous and therefore I hope he loses. So, yes I hope Harris wins because she's the only one in the race against him. It doesn't mean I play the cheerleader game that many here play, agreeing with every personal prediction of a Harris win.

Not worth arguing further so I'll leave it there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD it's tiresome reading one poster telling another poster "I know what you're really thinking".
particularly as I recall pjcrows specifically saying earlier that he was not wanting a Trump victory, just that this is what the prediction was based on combination of polls and gut feel.

and the earlier question of "do you want harris to lose or do you just predict she will lose" was then a little confusingly answered as "both outcomes are bad" - both outcomes are identical in the question...

I'm sorry, but if you honestly think the two choices this election are as bad as each other, then you're clueless at best.
There are plenty of hard leftists - just to give one example - piping up from time to time saying exactly that.

They believe America is completely stuffed, and electing a Dem or a Repugnican is just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

I personally wouldn't go that far, but their reasoning is far from "clueless".

There are plenty of hard leftists - just to give one example - piping up from time to time saying exactly that.

They believe America is completely stuffed, and electing a Dem or a Repugnican is just rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic.

I personally wouldn't go that far, but their reasoning is far from "clueless".
That's a fair position.

Where it stretches credibility is to want Trump to win because he might "blow it all up", when Project 2025 is pretty much all about systematically consolidating a Christian, capitalist state.

That's a fair position.

Where it stretches credibility is to want Trump to win because he might "blow it all up", when Project 2025 is pretty much all about systematically consolidating a Christian, capitalist state.

I can understand someone in 2016 voting for Trump to "blow it all up" (as in, a big f*ck you to Washington).

Not now though. I certainly understand the resentment/anger towards the establishment, but championing Trump ain't it.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back