USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Consider, if you will.

Vast numbers of people in this world (ITW?) feel utterly disenfranchised by those who they perceive to be in power, yes?

Whether that power be realised in an economic, or sociological sense. Usually, preferably, both.

Thus they demand change, if only for the sake of change - justified in whichever manner or theater needs dictate.

Does anyone ITT dispute that point?

Start conversation from there.

/peace
I could buy that in 2016, but now? Trump has shown that he will just add to the swamp, not drain it.

The only ones I kind of understand are the ones who think Trump will cause a complete collapse of the current system, but I don't think that will happen.

It's a close election, people are just chasing the money, which affects the odds. People will see Harris at 2.30, and think thats some nice odds to double what you put in. A few people will throw money at it, then she will move into favoritism. Then people will see Trump with better odds, and then throw money at it. Rinse and repeat.

Betting agencies mean f all. Polls are the only thing that matters.

Interesting study done but not surprised of the results

The true cost of tariffs

Last edited:
Consider, if you will.

Vast numbers of people in this world (ITW?) feel utterly disenfranchised by those who they perceive to be in power, yes?

Whether that power be realised in an economic, or sociological sense. Usually, preferably, both.

Thus they demand change, if only for the sake of change - justified in whichever manner or theater needs dictate.

Does anyone ITT dispute that point?

Start conversation from there.

/peace

You’re correct that is largely the appeal of trump, of course there is racism/sexism/evangelicals etc that come into who he’s trying to appeal to, but in real terms he doesn’t talk like other politicians or act like other politicians, and people are disenchanted and hated the neo-cons and also hate the corporate libs.

Dems could have gone a different path with Bernie and won, but wanted to keep the gravy train going, and now are fighting on the margins to beat Trump when if they really thought trump was as big a threat as they say, they would go full on for policies which will benefit the American people and shit it in.

I veer between being a doomer v lesser of 2 evils, I feel pretty doomerish at the moment, like wtf is even being protected at this point, maybe just let the whole US crumble to the ground, they’ve made their bed, they can lie in it.

Trump16 was the outsider the one to shake the establishment up - people cheered

Trump24 is the Christians choice - his sins are forgiven even as he does them because He will lead them to the Promised Land where the Handmaidens Tale is a doco and white people are heros

Last edited:
It's a close election, people are just chasing the money, which affects the odds. People will see Harris at 2.30, and think thats some nice odds to double what you put in. A few people will throw money at it, then she will move into favoritism. Then people will see Trump with better odds, and then throw money at it. Rinse and repeat.

Betting agencies mean f all. Polls are the only thing that matters.
Maybe but betting agencies go under if they get it wrong.
Americans are launching since they changed the rules,volume will be in billions election day.
https://www.barrons.com/news/last-minute-legal-ruling-allows-betting-on-us-election-afdbb600
So that is definitely skewing the odds.

Trump is very careless with other people’s lives.
Imagine if RfKjr becomes the next boss of the CDC.
There will no preparednes, vaccines, credible info, no warp speed, no protections.

Who would have guessed it? A person that has no experience/knowledge, intellect or work ethic wouldn’t be worth a nob of goatshit.

Watching TV, whilst interspersing moaning with bragging and phoning up friends, doesn’t get much done in life.

Last edited:
You’re correct that is largely the appeal of trump, of course there is racism/sexism/evangelicals etc that come into who he’s trying to appeal to, but in real terms he doesn’t talk like other politicians or act like other politicians, and people are disenchanted and hated the neo-cons and also hate the corporate libs.

Dems could have gone a different path with Bernie and won, but wanted to keep the gravy train going, and now are fighting on the margins to beat Trump when if they really thought trump was as big a threat as they say, they would go full on for policies which will benefit the American people and shit it in.

I veer between being a doomer v lesser of 2 evils, I feel pretty doomerish at the moment, like wtf is even being protected at this point, maybe just let the whole US crumble to the ground, they’ve made their bed, they can lie in it.
People who have reached maturity aren’t perpetually aggrieved that their lives haven’t reached the lofty dreams of their youth - and sook non stop about the umpires/teachers/bosses/gays cheating them of their destiny.

As for the Christian evangelicals. I am sure God, and church deacons, are far too busy to be orchestrating a ‘deep state’ conspiracy.

Lol Obama crushing covid.
Warp Speed was Trump.
Are you unable to read?
Do you know what fire drills, safety drills are for?
To give structure to dealing with an emergency.
And RFKj is against vaccines. He will be dumbo’s advisor. Anyone with a brain will be kicked out of Trump’s government to be replaced with a brain worm..

Last edited:
I could buy that in 2016, but now? Trump has shown that he will just add to the swamp, not drain it.

The only ones I kind of understand are the ones who think Trump will cause a complete collapse of the current system, but I don't think that will happen.
Some people love to destroy things. They don’t have the mental capacity to think through the consequences.

Like those who start bushfires.

That, in a nutshell is a large proportion of MAGA.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of curiosity, why do you think that? Is it just normalcy bias?

Not an accusation I am just genuinely curious. The last term the guard rails barely held, but he was definitely trying to veer off them. This time around, there won't be any traditional republicans with an ounce of integrity like Pence, or cabinet members, to stop him. He will only have billionaires with vested interests and the likes of those responsible for project 2025 by his side. People who WANT to seize absolute power.

I just don't see how a second Trump term will not permanently damage or simply outright destroy US democracy in any sense that we would recognize it today. I am hoping you might be able to allay my anxieties on this.

Last edited:
Trump20 is the Christians choice - his sins are forgiven even as he does them because He will lead them to the Promised Land where the Handmaidens Tale is a doco and white people are heros
In all seriousness though, I have seen sooooo many Christians on social media say that Trump has a flawed past, but Jesus forgives.

But I can seriously never even recall Trump admitting to his sins, let alone repenting for them.

I always thought that was the first step? I often feel like I am going crazy with the level of cognitive dissonance his supporters wear on their sleeve. And there are so many of them...

perhaps we just aren't worthy of anything better.

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, I have seen sooooo many Christians on social media say that Trump has a flawed but Jesus forgives.

But I can seriously never even recall Trump admitting to his sins, let alone repenting for them.

I always thought that was the first step? I often feel like I am going crazy with the level of cognitive dissonance his supporters wear on their sleeve. And there are so many of them...

perhaps we just aren't worthy of anything better.
Christian Nationalism is far from the Christianity of Jesus’ teachings.

Bad actors like Wallnau the New Apostolic Reformation ( NAR) crazy Locke and thousands of other Christian ‘pastors’ prophets (profits) and apostles mislead their flocks.
It seems Americans are very susceptible to this type of grift and brainwashing and have been convinced that the US is God’s chosen land. Some are told that Trump’s name refers to the trumpet in revelations, they are also told he is the flawed King Cyrus put on this earth to do God’s bidding, so Trump’s massive human failings and corruptions can be conveniently ignored..

NAR and Opus Dei and Dominionism are very powerful and working to get Trump back into power.

Unbelievable that they are so easily taken in but there you have it. A large proportion of those at Jan 6 were ‘Christian soldiers’
Flynn used violent rhetoric in the name of God.

Con men have used religion to control the masses for centuries and it never seems to fail, especially when history is ignored, or not fully taught in school and uni or education is demoted in importance or called woke.

100%. I never bought Trump’s shtick even back in 2016, but I could see how people were excited by the idea of a maverick sweeping a new broom through Washington.

2020 and since, is when it’s become clear it’s not a mass political movement at all, it’s a cult pure and simple.

Sorry I thought this was a thread to discuss the upcoming election.

Yep, awareness of trans rights is more prevalent than ten years ago, how is that a bad thing?

Because many Americans are conservative and feel its beings pushed on their children. Hence why someone like Trump has a legitimate chance of winning this election.

The big betters are not even from the US. Harris was the favourite not long ago and has been the favourite on a couple of occasions over the last few months (ahead 53.3/46.7 at one point in August).

Tin foil hat stuff this. Youre with Celebrity101 and his man made hurricanes.
Sure mate. I’m not even taking a position, just repeating the reporting that’s been done

How have I not? His claim (that this has all been done to create riots again) is baseless with zero proof behind it. Meanwhile he’s the favourite on every bookie in Australia.

You can’t pick and choose what a conspiracy theory is.
It’s hyperbole but it’s certainly to
A) try drive a result
B) provide basis for claiming results are rigged if don’t go trumps way.
C) trump has shown he will leverage his supporters gullibility to create civil disruptions.

This is not crazy conspiracy theory. This is literally what happened in 2020. Remember Jan 6?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back