USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think that the betting markets are an accurate representation of where things are at ?

Haha of course not, which is why I find it hilarious that one betting market for foreign gamblers using cryptocurrency is supposedly the go-to platform for Americans to be fed false hope, to believe Trump has won, to then get them to riot when he doesn’t 😂.

The fact that we can even bet on elections, sums up how crook the world has become.

I reckon something like $1.80 and $2 is fair. But I’d be researching proper polling.

Do you think that the betting markets are an accurate representation of where things are at ?

Absolutely not. Especially not the Polymarket one, since it's illegal for US citizens to actually bet on that platform.

But in general, no. Betting markets are not an accurate representation.

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

60 Minutes goes whack.

A few more weeks and President Trump is back in business.
"Business" is probably the best term for it agreed. Being President for him, is about what he and others like him can get out of it. Doing things to make the rich richer, including his family, sabotaging services, and with less protections and recourse for average Americans.

All while helping out other authoritarians, at home and abroad.

Id probably check the comments to the tweet and then reconsider having this post up.. 😂
This is the issue with low info folk getting their news from X m8. Thousands of people chanting in support of Trump but old mate found a 7 second clip of one bogan booing and thinks that sums up Pennsylvania's attitude.

A friendly reminder that we all share a responsibility in minimising the spread of false or deliberately misleading information!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think trump is going to win sadly.

Why is it that you think many are choosing trump? Just interested to know.
Is it economics? Is it wokism (and if so which parts in particular)? Is it foreign policy? Is it support for religion? Something else?

Also do you support trump despite seeing big negatives with his candidacy because you think the positives outweigh the negatives or do you simply see little negative? If the former what in your view is trumps biggest negatives?
It is tax cuts. It is always self interest.

And the quiet bit out loud - Harris is not white.

This is the issue with low info folk getting their news from X m8. Thousands of people chanting in support of Trump but old mate found a 7 second clip of one bogan booing and thinks that sums up Pennsylvania's attitude.

A friendly reminder that we all share a responsibility in minimising the spread of false or deliberately misleading information!
I saw the mod on this site ban a pro Trump supporter for spreading misinformation. I would like the person who shared that x post also banned

I think it will be close, and at this stage I'd have Trump marginally ahead (who knows why at this stage), but not 60% or $1.60 like the betting odds seem to have him at.
$1.60 is fairly close, given that votes are not individual but state based numbers to hit 270, it just means trump is more expected to win certain swing states than Harris is, according to the bulk of the polling some of which may be methodologically flawed.

I also couldn't hear any chanting of support. Please feel free to post these if you find them

(I am not on twitter, therefore will not look myself)

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back