USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have made the difficult decision to boycott Macca's. My cardiologist approves this decision.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember eating it for the last time in 2009 after months of keeping away. Felt like I had the flu for the next 20 hours.

Haven't touched it or soft drinks in the 15 years since.

Not sure how credible any sources are on X these days. With Putin and his bot army. Musk and his clear bias towards promoting one side.

But apparently the Republicans have smashed the early voting in Florida. Democrats did better with mail in votes, but Republicans smashed in person voting by like +20. In comparison to previous times, where some counties were +D, and now +R. It looks like Florida could go even more red this time around.

Florida was always going to get more red anyway. Texas had way more chance of swinging.

A great idea by team MAGA, nothing more American than that m8. Cooks a few chips and dominates the media cycle. But haters gonna hate because apparently it's the first time a politician has done a photo op that was stage managed or something lol.
Trump has no idea who Mark Robinson is now amazing that.

She was the girlfriend of nra bloke

Or this one

There are myriad reasons why the vote goes the way it does. Ascribing any one reason to the result in hindsight is a fool's errand.

I don't particularly like the amount of air time the Harris campaign gives to Cheney, typical Republicans and neocons, but there is certainly a not-insignificant amount of voters that they have been successfully courting.

I think potential gains could turn off those who are double haters into the arms of trump, as it furthers the perception the Dems are just the establishment.

We know Trump is too, but to many he has the veneer of something different, I mean he is in that he’s much worse but some people just want ANYTHING different.

Which is why MAGA is still a thing. Such low info people.

Then they get offended when you say that, and claim “see this is why so many vote and like Trump cos you think we are all dumb”.

Which is in itself, really really dumb. It’s like hating people think you’re an idiot for believing the world is flat, and continue to double down.

Then they get offended when you say that, and claim “see this is why so many vote and like Trump cos you think we are all dumb”.

Which is in itself, really really dumb. It’s like hating people think you’re an idiot for believing the world is flat, and continue to double down.
“You think I’m dumb huh? I’ll show you I’m not, by voting for Trump”

IMG_0087.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think potential gains could turn off those who are double haters into the arms of trump, as it furthers the perception the Dems are just the establishment.
Indeed. Cheney lied to the world about WMDs to justify butchering a million people in Iraq so that his private company could earn $38B from the rebuild contracts. Kamala wheels him out as a reason to vote against the guy who is guilty of paying hush money and writing mean tweets. Anyone with a moral compass is not falling for it!

Indeed. Cheney lied to the world about WMDs to justify butchering a million people in Iraq so that his private company could earn $38B from the rebuild contracts. Kamala wheels him out as a reason to vote against the guy who is guilty of paying hush money and writing mean tweets. Anyone with a moral compass is not falling for it!

He also pulled off the successful January 6 and is now meant to be lauded as a champion of democracy. Pathetic.

The thing is Trump is also the establishment, loves war, corrupt as all hell etc, so no he is a worse option but cosying up with the bloody Cheney’s well, MAGA doesn’t like them and democrats hate them too!

He gives the veneer of being different or anti establishment due to his behavior. But he is different in that he is worse, and promising to be worse than the Dems on every single issue.

What possible issue could he better on for the average person or the world at large? He says Biden doing too much to stop Israel, threatening to turn Iran into a parking lot, willing to give the West Bank away for a price etc etc, and hand over Ukraine to Russia.

Also tax breaks for the rich and no one else, diabolical policies for climate change etc etc.

These are all things I could say the Dems are either bad on (foreign policy) or could do better on (domestic policy). At best it’s a bit of a wash on foreign policy (though I think trump plus neocons like Graham increase the likelihood of all out war in the Middle East) and domestically the dems are clearly way better.

Oh and democracy at best would be eroded, and that will have detrimental effects around the world if the US go from flawed democracy to just an authoritarian state.

Trump will give more funnier memes and drama perhaps, but this is real life, not a simulation.

A lot of the stuff trump does and says now is stuff you and others would have claimed would have never happen back in 2016 and 2020, and many have come to pass.

Refuse to concede an election - surely he won’t do that

Stack the courts to overturn roe v wade - stop being dramatic will never happen

And on and on it will go, and people will keep justifying and normalising it. There is no limit to what Trump and MAGA intend to do if given the chance, the deporting of illegal immigrants by the millions for example.

Remember eating it for the last time in 2009 after months of keeping away. Felt like I had the flu for the next 20 hours.

Haven't touched it or soft drinks in the 15 years since.
I hadn't eaten Maccas for a decade and a half myself. Best decision I have ever made for my body.

Barring an October surprise to end all October surprises, this one is done and dusted in Trump's favour unfortunately. Not trying to be a douche here - quite the opposite, I'm trying to show empathy and compassion by getting you all used to the idea of the inevitable. Conspiracy theories about polls and bookies are of comfort, I get that, but deep down we all realise the current state of play m8.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back