USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

At the expense of Independents.
Why? You also didn't reply to what I asked.

I don't think so, Independents are not that different from what I have seen interviewed.

They seem to be still either a little aligned to either/both parties.

I also don't get this talk about Cheney Snr. I had no idea of why he is disliked on here and not sure that the fact he endorsed her will make much difference to Democrats and or a small number of Republicans.

Do voters really go back that far in voting today?

I also don't get this talk about Cheney Snr. I had no idea of why he is disliked on here

Vine Wtf GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’ll go down well with female voters.
The most disturbing aspect of that video for me was them panning to the crowd and seeing the cheering from women in the crowd.

I mean, even if you agree that parents might need to discipline their kids, even if you think that this might sometimes involve physical punishment, could Carson have said that in a creepier, more sexualised way?

I understand Cheneys history but I reckon the only ones concerned are those who take a long view of history

The goldfish wont care but only remember him as VP

Republicans are obviously skeptical. Asked if there were any voters who could be persuaded by Cheney’s endorsement, GOP pollster Neil Newhouse responded: “No one who isn’t related to him, no.”
And to be fair it is a GOP Pollster

This is more my thinking

For Democrats, the answer is a tentative maybe. Don’t expect Harris’ campaign to plaster the nation’s television screens with ads touting the endorsement, though it could show up in some ads targeting older, conservative-leaning voters. More important for the party, it’s part of a steady drip, drip, drip of high-profile Republicans breaking with Trump, giving rank-and-file members of the party and conservative-leaning independent voters a “permission structure” to do the same, repeating a strategy the party used successfully in the 2022 midterms to defeat Trump-esque candidates.

I think there are definitely Republican and Republican-leaning voters who struggle with what to do in this race ― and knowing there is company in numbers does matter,” said Steve Schale, a veteran Democratic consultant. “Remember, this election is entirely in the margins.”

Sarah Longwell, a former GOP strategist who runs the group Republican Voters Against Trump, noted that a high-profile figure like Cheney (and former Rep. Liz Cheney, his daughter) taking the step of formally endorsing Harris rather than just disowning Trump could encourage other Trump-skeptical members of the GOP to do the same. Many other leading Republicans, such as former Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah have instead stayed neutral in the race.

Just curious. The US polls are only counted if a person picks up their phone ..assume landline. With so many people no longer having one wonder if they skews voting results?

Yet another wrestler weighs in on the election, Mick Foley this time

So good. I like how he focuses on the working person.

I wish that could be cut to just under a minute because that would play very well in the heartland

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back