USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

U2tigers, you’re not a genuine Trump fan are you?

This is just another bit of your (justly famous) trolling, right?
No not a Trump fan mainly. amused at times though.

I seriously can't understand how either side in America can have the leaders they have chosen in the last 8 odd years.

Crazy they are in even in this position.

Last edited:
Has there ever been a more power imbalanced handshake than the one before this debate? Kamala sought the old dude out as he tried to shuffle up without looking at her, forcing him to act polite for the cameras. Guarantee she called him champ as she introduced herself.
The time Mark Lathan tried to rip John Howard's arm off comes to mind.

Swift?

Not many at all.

My feeling is that the celebrity endorsements mean a lot less than people think they will.

Hillary had about 400,000 celebrity endorsements and it didn’t do her much good – a lot of average Americans don’t like being told what to do by rich Hollywood / music industry types.

Might help a bit with a few young first time voters but a lot of the ones who might be influenced would be in the Harris camp already.

Having said all that I think the timing of her announcement might be tactically important . . . it means that a bit more of the post debate commentary will focus of Harris and the Democrats and make it harder for the Republicans to do damage control.
This election is likely to be won by a small number of votes in a handful of states. If she can get a small percentage of people to vote that wouldn’t otherwise vote that might make a difference.

No not a Trump fan mainly. amused at times though.

I seriously can't understand how either side in America can have the leaders they have chosen in the last 8 odd years.

Crazy they are in even in this position.
Who would you say are better candidates?
Hillary was a poor choice by the Dems, Biden was a good choice and has been a successful president, Harris is a great nomination. The GOP have had Trump for 8 years…

This election is likely to be won by a small number of votes in a handful of states. If she can get a small percentage of people to vote that wouldn’t otherwise vote that might make a difference.
Swift is from Pennsylvania and has a big following in Georgia, the two biggest swing states at the moment.

Has there ever been a more power imbalanced handshake than the one before this debate? Kamala sought the old dude out as he tried to shuffle up without looking at her, forcing him to act polite for the cameras. Guarantee she called him champ as she introduced herself.
trump had no intention to shake her hand, harris walked into his territory and forced the handshake

Will be interesting how this effects the swing states. Polling as of 10/09 (RCP averages)

Arizona - Trump +1.6
Nevada - Harris +0.6
Wisconsin - Haris +1.5
Michigan - Harris +1.2
Pennsylvania - Even
North Carolina - Trump +0.1
Georgia - Trump +0.3

Probably enough of a boost to see Harris take the lead in Pennsylvania, North Carolina and maybe Georgia whilst extending the lead in others.
If she can move a couple of those into fairly secure wins, it narrows the playing field and she can swing her vast resources into a small number of states, and it may potentially open up fights in other states.

For example if Florida and Texas can move closer, even if she has no chance of winning them (and she doesn't need them) she can put money into them forcing the Trump campaign to spend money there as well when they don't have the cash to be doing that.

He was aware enough that trying to rip her arm off and do his domination thing would be very very bad to do to a female. So rather than trust himself he tried to avoid it. She stalked him and he didn't know how to handle it.

Just a giant orange toddler with no emotional control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bit of that article stood out to me:

“I agree. We can make a powerful team,” Meadows responded. “I did not talk with (Fox News CEO) Suzanne (Scott) because I got tied up with pardons but I will make sure I connect."

First reason was I forgot about that "Cash for Pardon" cash-grab they did at the end.

Second reason is when I was really young, like 4 or 5, mum told me that when I did a 'pop-off' it was polite to say "pardon me"; and so I thought that 'pardon' was the polite word for 'fart', and saying "pardon me" was a way of acknowledging that it was me who farted.

So I like that Meadows was too busy to speak with Fox CEO because he was too busy farting, or was tied up in everyone else's farts; and that one of Trump's final grifts when getting booted from office was "Cash for Farts" (which I can see his base buying and putting that jar next to their gold sneakers and Trump bibles, and opening the jar and sniffing on special occasions).

If it wasn't obvious that Trump is Putin's man before this debate, surely it is now. When asked who he wanted to win the war, he had his chance to clearly say Ukraine, but didn't.
The Russian bribery scandal burning through the conservative binfluencer community surely leads to Trump's hangers-on.

We know beyond doubt the foreign influence campaigns are many years in and involve way more than the claimed few thousand dollars in Facebook ads 10 years ago.

Dickstain Donnie is toast, that was a trainwreck performance. His first debate was equally abysmal but just overshadowed by Biden's inept performance. The man is in the throws of advancing dementia and more and more regular non cult member Americans are seeing it as they now start thinking about the upcoming election. Harris will win this fairly comfortably come November.

Listened to the Cspan pre debate callers - wow if they are representative of the average US voter, they seem very low information and high on the feelings/ emotion/ barrack for a team (both the democrat and republican as well as the one libertarian)

Who would you say are better candidates?
Hillary was a poor choice by the Dems, Biden was a good choice and has been a successful president, Harris is a great nomination. The GOP have had Trump for 8 years…
LOL, oh you're serious wow.

numbers dont count wrt CNBC surveying percentage tally , media on either side will spin it , folks it was not Trump speaking about Haitians dogs and cats or mexicans who chaperone immigrants , Trump was confecting a posture to rule his base , guess what , for djt more progressive h8 the better , you create dialectic work he does not have to do , the h8 is inverted as a driver for the fly-over-peoples to get theirs at the ballot booth
Not sure doubling down on the base is the way to go, we'll see I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back