USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Because;

A) You’re not allowed to be a Trump fan.
B) If you criticise Harris, you’re a Trump fan or “Harris is still better than the alternative”.
C) If you dance around points A or B, you question why people don’t just admit they are a Trump fan, despite already telling them they shouldnt be.
D) If you attempt A or B, you get ganged up on by people who just circle jerk each other.
E) You probably have them on ignore anyway (example above).

You do not welcome any debate or differing of opinions. So I am not sure why you are trying to seek this out.

Please enlighten me, what possible chance does anyone have of presenting an argument to you and having a civilised conversation?

Hope that clears it up for you.
To be fair, vast majority of Trump fans in this thread do a horrendous job of making any rational argument for their guy. Its invariably just hack partisan rubbish that wouldn't be out of place in those videos of room temperature IQ MAGA people being interviewed at rallies.

Textbook examples the last few pages from Swan4Life and Celebrity 101.

Point B is definitely true.
Is it though? I find Harris to be a pretty underwhelming candidate in general, and she her standard responses on the economy require improvement, needs to do much better there. She also seems to be more of the same on Israel/Gaza, definitely happy to criticise her (along with pretty everyone else near power in US government) on that.

I don't think anyone would mistake me for a Trump fan, and stating that she's better than the alternative is a pretty reasonable take.

But this one consists of so much toxic hatred. You can’t welcome healthy debate whilst also admitting there are zero possible debatable points from the opposition.
Its not that zero possible debatable points from team Trump exist, its just that they're hardly ever made by his supporters here.

Case in point - what would you say has been the most salient/reasonable point raised by Trump/Vance supporters in this thread since the VP debate?

Ironically this 24 minute video (which I skimmed through did not watch the whole thing) does not include the 1 video that I would consider to be the closest equivalent of Democrats wanting to overturn 2016.

Still obviously nowhere near January 6 levels of coup attempting, but this wasn't and still isn't a great look.

Yeah that one was ridiculous.

Celebrities fantasising vs the POTUS actually trying to do it though.

Is it though? I find Harris to be a pretty underwhelming candidate in general, and she her standard responses on the economy require improvement, needs to do much better there. She also seems to be more of the same on Israel/Gaza, definitely happy to criticise her (along with pretty everyone else near power in US government) on that.

I don't think anyone would mistake me for a Trump fan, and stating that she's better than the alternative is a pretty reasonable take.

I've been called a Trump fan a few times on here for suggesting that Harris/Dems aren't great and for predicting a Trump win.

Its not that zero possible debatable points from team Trump exist, its just that they're hardly ever made by his supporters here.

Case in point - what would you say has been the most salient/reasonable point raised by Trump/Vance supporters in this thread since the VP debate?

There’s been complete nonsense and trolling posted in here since the VP debate. But sadly that’s what the thread has gotten to as a whole. To be fair, it happens on both sides.

I reckon some people prefer Trump, simply because they don’t like or trust the dems. So again, it’s choosing the “least shitty” option. Which seems to be the main consensus for both sides anyway.
Then it turns into a slanging match whatever gets said 😂.

It’s just one ugly toxic thread.

It shows his rallies, and his other performances are performative.

I think he genuinely dislikes Trump and thinks he is a moron, but playing up to his base brings him closer to power.

Which is why, disliking Trump much more than Vance, Vance worries me more.

I don't think Trump really has much in the way of long term goals beyond being president.

I think Vance does.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trump is a massively out of shape 80 year old. Vance working on the non 0 chance he doesn't make it through 4 years, and if he does, he's hoping he's next in line

And for those still bleating about election result denial:

And finally, notwithstanding the beatdown by Vance, Mollie makes by far the most pertinent observation of the night:

I love how you need to rely on tweets to make your argument. Is original thought that difficult for you?

I love how you need to rely on tweets to make your argument. Is original thought that difficult for you?
They do make you laugh though.

I liked the second one best, "Democrat activists". Only missing, 'female'.
Would have read much better.:)

Ironically this 24 minute video (which I skimmed through did not watch the whole thing) does not include the 1 video that I would consider to be the closest equivalent of Democrats wanting to overturn 2016.

Still obviously nowhere near January 6 levels of coup attempting, but this wasn't and still isn't a great look.

He is an actor isn’t he? Was he paid by the DNC to do a commercial, and this is it?

So again, it’s choosing the “least shitty” option. Which seems to be the main consensus for both sides anyway.
I would say that is modern day politics regardless of where it is. I don't think this is American exceptionalism here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because;

A) You’re not allowed to be a Trump fan.
B) If you criticise Harris, you’re a Trump fan or “Harris is still better than the alternative”.
C) If you dance around points A or B, you question why people don’t just admit they are a Trump fan, despite already telling them they shouldnt be.
D) If you attempt A or B, you get ganged up on by people who just circle jerk each other.
E) You probably have them on ignore anyway (example above).

You do not welcome any debate or differing of opinions. So I am not sure why you are trying to seek this out.

Please enlighten me, what possible chance does anyone have of presenting an argument to you and having a civilised conversation?

Hope that clears it up for you.

It actually always stops at a variant of A.

A) Why are you a Trump fan?

I have yet to see a valid answer to this question. Perhaps it would enable the debate or differing opinions that you appeal for here?

That's when it gets to C), because there are plenty here that make pro-Trump and/or anti-Democrat posts (B), but because they know they can't answer A) truthfully, they pretend they're not Trump fans.

There’s been complete nonsense and trolling posted in here since the VP debate. But sadly that’s what the thread has gotten to as a whole. To be fair, it happens on both sides.

I reckon some people prefer Trump, simply because they don’t like or trust the dems. So again, it’s choosing the “least shitty” option. Which seems to be the main consensus for both sides anyway.

It’s just one ugly toxic thread.
Some people prefer Trump, the sublime manager, for his Policy Platform and the quality of people he shall have in his administration - a WH working effectively and cohesively, to deliver for the American people. His tranche of suggested legislative initiatives, that address the challenges confronting the nation, are impressive.

The months/years of work he has put in on developing policy is truly impressive. Voracious reader and networker - dawn til the wee small hours. Like Henry Ford and Fauci, hardly had time to eat.

Last edited:
People say they prefer Trump to Kamala and I just don't get how. After all the shit Trump has pulled, he's a convicted felon FFS. It belies reason. And I'm not buying "policy", he literally killed the border law.
I could sorta get his appeal way back in 2016. While he was already a nutcase back then, he was so unique and no one had ever seen anything like him. But after everything that's unfolded since his presidency, he has completely lost his authenticity. He's nothing more than just a senile old man now.

Specifically?
Most people won’t take the time to read through, and digest the specifics. Exhibit A: groundbreaking initiative of injecting sunlight to kill Covid bacteria - a new age of medical microbiology. Unfortunately wasted on the ‘plebs, serfs and guttersnipes’.

The thought provoking concepts include:
  1. End inflation;
  2. Large tax cuts;
  3. Prevent WWIII;
  4. Rebuild our cities; and
  5. Strengthen and modernise the military;
In essence - Unite our country by bringing it to new and record levels of success.

Trump’s mantra is that everyone else is hopeless - all dumb c***s. The country is f****d. I alone can fix it.

All the business people, economists, Generals and Cabinet Secretaries that found him to be a ‘f’n moron’ are merely jealous. He became a multi-billionaire off his own back, through saving and investing his $1 a week pocket money. The truly great rarely have friends, they live in a rarified atmosphere.

Last edited:
I would say that is modern day politics regardless of where it is. I don't think this is American exceptionalism here.
But it's not just that Harris is the least shitty, though that's manifestly the case.

It's that Trump is simply not an option.

Unless you simply don't care about honesty and decency (in which case you can piss off), he has disqualified himself by his actions.

Let's stop soft pedalling his unfit character.

Most people won’t take the time to read through, and digest the specifics. The thought provoking concepts include:
  1. End inflation;
  2. Large tax cuts;
  3. Prevent WWIII;
  4. Rebuild our cities; and
  5. Strengthen and modernise the military;
In essence - Unite our country by bringing it to new and record levels of success.

Trump’s mantra is that everyone else is hopeless - all dumb c***s. The country is f****d. I alone can fix it.

All good, I'm keen on specifics. When I hear "thought provoking concepts" is that like when he said he has "concepts of a health care plan"?

How will he end inflation?
Large tax cuts for who?

Anything at all on education, health care, housing?

All good, I'm keen on specifics. When I hear "thought provoking concepts" is that like when he said he has "concepts of a health care plan"?

How will he end inflation?
Large tax cuts for who?

Anything at all on education, health care, housing?
He plans on raising tariffs on everything and somehow thinks that boosting prices will somehow lower inflation. It will do the opposite.

He also plans on mass deportations of mostly low wage workers. Ive seen modelling that suggests this might bump up inflation by 2-6 per cent. And thats before we even get to the tariff increases.

Also, income tax cuts dont lower inflation. They indirectly increase it through pumping demand.

But it's not just that Harris is the least shitty, though that's manifestly the case.

It's that Trump is simply not an option.

Unless you simply don't care about honesty and decency (in which case you can piss off), he has disqualified himself by his actions.

Let's stop soft pedalling his unfit character.
Don't disagree in terms of he should be disqualified almost immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back