USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking out of both sides of her mouth, letting go of the "change" mantra, playing small target.

If they ramp up the "Trump is still bad" rhetoric it'll make it worse.

Trump is going to have the momentum through October and Harris's lead wasn't/isn't big enough nationally to carry enough swing states with it.

If there is not another dramatic news story in the next 4 weeks then sadly it looks like trump has this election in the bag.

Harris/walz has not been a good choice. Sure they are streets ahead of vance/trump. But thats not what matters here.
Another florida hurricane and more misinformation by Trump et al

Speaking out of both sides of her mouth
Again, would be good to get a specific example here.

letting go of the "change" mantra
Has she? "We're not going back" has been pretty prominent for her campaign

playing small target.
To a degree I guess, not lately though ie. she fronted up for the 60 Minutes interview and that recent big podcast one, Trump invited too but squibbed them both.

It really is incredible how much better Democrats have to be than Trump and the GOP in order to just break even :drunk:

We're seeing the difficulty of running against the narrative Trump and his enablers have created, all sorts of things are demanded from Harris to prove her worthiness while her opponent is allowed to behave as he wishes.

Hate trump that’s fine but Harris isn’t a good candidate.

Unfortunately American politics are in horrendous spot.

I don't think anyone disputes that US presidential candidates have been poor for years. It's reasonable to assess Harris as a not good, or even bad, candidate.

But she's still an infinitely better presidential candidate than Trump. And it's a two-horse race.

I realise that you are (self admittedly) just here for the bants, but can you tell me in all honesty that these two photographs are of equal sized crowds.

Trumps crowd
GZKmhsCX0AAwcDl

100,000 people at a football game
EZCjXIqXgAE_559

Are those people at the back leaving the rally?

That crowd size would fit in the MCC members area with room to spare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking out of both sides of her mouth, letting go of the "change" mantra, playing small target.

If they ramp up the "Trump is still bad" rhetoric it'll make it worse.

Trump is going to have the momentum through October and Harris's lead wasn't/isn't big enough nationally to carry enough swing states with it.
How?

Imagine the response if Harris threatened Musk's military contracts like this.
Imagine the response if Harris did literally anything that Trump does weekly. Instant campaign over.

Like I said, the difference in expected/accepted standard is legit incredible :drunk:

I think there is a lot more noise out there but it seems echo-ey

The twitter echo chamber is terrible and the tweet that said the For You and Following buttons are miles apart in propaganda was spot on

There was a lot of worry about a Red Wave before that was just a tidal ripple

Ask yourself - how neglected does the average American have to feel in order to a) follow Trump, or b) ignore voting at all.

The answer: very, very neglected.

Anyone not understanding why the Democratic Party are having difficulty cutting through has ignored the way the US government has operated for the last four decades, regardless of the party.

Harris, in isolation, is a standard establishment politician. She could be any number of politicians, and the situation would be the same. That's the problem!

Again, would be good to get a specific example here.

Has she? "We're not going back" has been pretty prominent for her campaign

To a degree I guess, not lately though ie. she fronted up for the 60 Minutes interview and that recent big podcast one, Trump invited too but squibbed them both.

It really is incredible how much better Democrats have to be than Trump and the GOP in order to just break even :drunk:

Saying one thing to voters whilst telling big business another thing. An example is her basically telling the business community she's going to be "friendlier" to them than Biden is.

On change - very difficult to run on "change" when you are the party in charge. Similar to Clinton was.

A few podcasts or interviews rushed isn't going to change the entrenching perception that she's playing small target.

And yeah, the Democrats do need to be better to "break even". They've been in government for 3 of the last 4 cycles. Average voters and independents don't blame Trump for the current situation, they blame Democrats, and that is the core issue.

I think there is a lot more noise out there but it seems echo-ey

The twitter echo chamber is terrible and the tweet that said the For You and Following buttons are miles apart in propaganda was spot on

There was a lot of worry about a Red Wave before that was just a tidal ripple

It doesn't need to be a Red Wave. It needs to be about 150,000 Independents in four states.

They're making similar mistakes to Clinton 2016.
Totally disagree, Clinton lost because she didn't do the ground work and arrogance.

Not sure if you have even heard the Harris/Walz speak or read their policies, lots there for the average person.

Don't let your dislike for Democrats blind you.

If they can get their traditional voters plus more than 50% of new registrations out to vote it won't be close.

Totally disagree, Clinton lost because she didn't do the ground work and arrogance.

Not sure if you have even heard the Harris/Walz speak or read their policies, lots there for the average person.

Don't let your dislike for Democrats blind you.

If they can get their traditional voters plus more than 50% of new registrations out to vote it won't be close.

Prediction?

Prediction?
I already posted it.

I can't believe the criticism of Harris, she has only been electioneering for 4 months?

I think she is smart doing the ground work in critical states, it is there that she needs the voter turnout.

Who cares if she is not well known and talking to voters in Red states and not doing a lot of media.

Only tRumpers and TV/media care.

She is unlikely to get extra votes, further she is doing plenty on social media and advertisements.

Trump has been electioneering and lying for 8 years and I doubt that he will gain any new votes as he is still only talking to his cult.

Saying one thing to voters whilst telling big business another thing. An example is her basically telling the business community she's going to be "friendlier" to them than Biden is.

On change - very difficult to run on "change" when you are the party in charge. Similar to Clinton was.

A few podcasts or interviews rushed isn't going to change the entrenching perception that she's playing small target.

And yeah, the Democrats do need to be better to "break even". They've been in government for 3 of the last 4 cycles. Average voters and independents don't blame Trump for the current situation, they blame Democrats, and that is the core issue.

Got a quote, link to that for us that isn't from X?

Ah yep 👍

So you predicted 273 for Harris. "It won't be close"?
Yes as I already explained, she needs them to turn up for it to be a greater margin.

Not sure you have stated why you believe Republicans/Trump will win.

Why do you have this opinion?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back